Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bolkonsky

Can I get 100% scar free?

So I talked to my derm and she suggested a laser - I don't know which one, co2 or fraxel (or which kind of fraxel). I wonder how much a laser procedure can help me? Thoughts and advices on how I can improve my skin, guys.

Right side:

http://img560.imageshack.us/i/001ccq.jpg/

http://img801.imageshack.us/i/007cjf.jpg/

http://img852.imageshack.us/i/015mg.jpg/

Left side:

http://img823.imageshack.us/i/003bci.jpg/

http://img819.imageshack.us/i/006gsw.jpg/

http://img858.imageshack.us/i/014e.jpg/

Edited by Bolkonsky

So laser will be enough?

your skin is so nice, and laser has some nasty risks that can ruin that so I would research a lot before doing that. you could possibly regret it. You will be fine, and your scarring is so mild that with time it will get even better than it is. look into less invasive treatments.

I would recommend not choosing laser treatment. It's not worth the risk when your skin is so good already. Derma rolling and tca cross would not only be safer but would also be more effective as well imo.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking 'my scarring is shallow therefore an overkill treatment will completely erase it'. A lot of your scarring on one side seems to be scared pores something laser is notoriously bad at treating and in fact in some instances has been known to enlarge them.

also, you'd be a good candidate for laser resurfacing and chemical peels

the tca cross will help most with those small medium-depth scars among the patch of enlarged pores

laser resurfacing and chemical peels would make the enlarged pores smaller, as well raise the larger but extremely shallow scars (which seem to be darker in color than the surrounding skin)

HAHA when I saw your avatar and saw this was a "scars" topic I thought it was a joke at first

good luck with the TCA though

have you ever tried aloe gel?

Your acne looks great though, I'm curious what gave you this success

Edited by hockeymc16

HAHA when I saw your avatar and saw this was a "scars" topic I thought it was a joke at first

Thanks. Nope, I have never tried it.

Accutane. After 11 years suffering from acne Accutane was the only thing that really worked for me. It's sadly funny. I was 11 when my problems with acne started. 11 years LATER and I'm finally clear. Today is my birthday.

Edited by Bolkonsky

Accutane... exactly what I didn't want to here lol

I would definitely suggest trying the most gentle before the most brutal as your skin has been through enough with acne and accutane.

gnc aloe and TCA>stronger topicals>lazr

Thanks. Nope, I have never tried it.

Accutane. After 11 years suffering from acne Accutane was the only thing that really worked for me. It's sadly funny. I was 11 when my problems with acne started. 11 years LATER and I'm finally clear. Today is my birthday.

HII BRO i have also suffering from acne for last 8years. and i have just started accutance course. what r ur dosage and again cong8 for ur acne free face. u look smart.

You have no real scars. Those red marks will heal with some time. Someone put this post on red scars, this is for real indented scarring post..

You have no real scars. Those red marks will heal with some time. Someone put this post on red scars, this is for real indented scarring post..

a scar doesn't have to be indented, regardless if you look close some of his are clearly indented. Maybe not as severely as yours? And be careful with your words - telling someone you haven't met, that a problem they've been dealing with for years isn't "real" can be quite insulting (as if he hasn't educated himself on the matter). This is a support forum,

the post is fine where it is.

I wouldn't even think you had acne scars if I met you in person. I wouldn't mess with your skin if I were you. Nobody has perfect skin, and your skin looks almost as perfect as a guys skin should be.

Have you tried Glycolic Acid? Specifically Alpha Hydroxy Acid?

1. Skin texture is restored to healthy, smooth, soft and lustrous. Removes dead cell build up causing dull lifeless skin, keeps living cells tightly packed like tiles on a roof or fish scales while removing splinter cells with jagged edges causing a rough dry feeling allowing evaporation of precious moisture…your SPF 1 luster returns. Stimulates new cells especially for mature skin after the age of 28.

2. Cleans your pores (follicles) …pore scrubber…loosens the glue-like substance holding dead cells together, pore walls now fold together for a smaller, refined appearance, it’s medically impossible to reduce pore size but you can make them look smaller! Glycolic prevents dead cells from clumping to form a plug, blackhead or pimple, your natural oil should be able to flow freely from your pores carrying dead cells to the surface to be sloughed off.

3. Skin tone evens in the top layer of your skin called the epidermis by sloughing old dark brown pigment. Glycolic acid will not stop your melanocytes (mÄ›l'É™-nÅ-sÄ«t') cells responsible for your skin color from making new darker pigment but will exfoliate the old dark pigment. Use our Skin911 Skin Lightening Gel also found in our Brown Marks Skin Bag - Free $10.99 SPF 30 to stop new dark brown pigment from occurring.

4. Collagen (kol’-ah-jen) and elastin (e-las’-tin) is increased in the second major layer called the dermis, production and repair slow around the age of 28, areas dip below the top of the skin from loss and thinning especially due to sun damage or facial expressions to name few forming wrinkles. Collagen, like a "Jell-O" mattress, gives you plump, firm skin and defect-free in our youth the surface layer is smooth and taut, with age thickness decreases and flattens, now sagging occurs. Elastin allows your skin to change shape and expand…think elastic rubber band. If you pinch your skin and it stays the elastin is in very poor condition, your skin should snap back into place, gently pinch a baby’s skin then your own to see the difference.

5. Glycosaminoglycans (gli-kos-ah-me-no-gli’kan) (GAGS) moisture-binding ground substances are increased in the second major layer called the dermis, replacing GAGS lost with age is essential. Their water binding action expands the dermis, plumps and smoothes away wrinkles. One of these compounds is "hyaluronic acid" binding water so tightly its appearance is gel-like. Visual aid, imagine a dry sponge, add water, the sponge will grow in volume, holding water inside and plumping the sponge…just like glycosaminoglycans!

6. Scarring from acne or trauma is reduced by lowering the scar’s top ridge and raising the depth for a smooth appearance, gray shadowing from ice pick scars start to disappear, raised hypertrophic scars flatten, and helps regenerate lost skin tissue from pimples or cysts. Improvement is six months to one year with continuing results although clients often see results after a month.

7. Anti-oxidant or endial. Glycolic acid attaches itself to free radicals in your skin rendering them harmless before then can damage good skin cells.

8. Ingrown hair or pseudofolliculitis barbae (soo-do-fo-lik-u-li-tis) (bar-bay) in the beard. Red bumps often form pus from hair curling or growing back into the skin causing inflammation, infection and a foreign body reaction, common in men’s beards and women’s bikini lines. Skin growing over the hair follicle forces growing hair back into the skin before it reaches the surface. Glycolic prevents skin from growing over the follicle allowing hair to reach the surface, there is some information indicating help straightening hair to avoid curl-back. Nicholas Perricone, M.D. holds the patent for ingrown hair use.

Applying 2 applications per day:

* your skin’s texture will improve within the first weeks

* uneven darker skin tone will even out - give it 3 months; no improvement see your doctor the brown color is deeper in your skin, a condition or add a skin bleach

* collagen and elastin improvement will start reducing wrinkles and firming your skin, keep using up to six months for full benefits

* break-outs subside, women: hormonal break-outs can occur up to a year after starting but improve each month until minimal, if not gone

* small scar reduction, keep using up to six months for full benefits

* Everybody improves at a different rate have patience with yourself. Some see immediate results others take a little longer.

* The nice attribute is your skin will keep improving the longer you use our products.

AHA's such as glycolic acid, unless at extremely high concentrations (at which other options are preferable), are completely useless for scars

they are mainly to exfoliate the top layer of skin (epidermis)

Edited by Brawn

Your scarring is extremely mild. I see one rolling scar a few tiny scarred iced pores. You have to be careful not to make your scarring worse since at this point the risk associated with most procedures is not worth it imo since your condition is so mild.

I would focus on improving the tone and color a bit more through a few peels and that is it.

AHA's such as glycolic acid, unless at extremely high concentrations (at which other options are preferable), are completely useless for scars

they are mainly to exfoliate the top layer of skin (epidermis)

He has hyperpigmentation as well. AHA would work well for evening out his overall skin tone.

The hyperpigmentation makes the mild scarring far more noticeable. If he evens out the leftover red marks from previous acne, then the scarring will not be as noticeable.

Besides, don't people get Glycolic Acid peels at high concentrations? Peels are cheaper than Fraxel, for example. What 'other options' would be (more) preferable?

Edited by Sima