Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

I'm taking ortho-tricyclen and 100mg doxy 2x a day now and i swear i'm shedding more hair than usual. i'm not sure if this is due to the medication but is anyone else having this problem? should i worry about going bald? dry.gif

YUP, MY HAIR STARTED FALLING OUT ON THAT SHIT. THAT STUFF RUINED MY FACE. AWFUL CYSTIC ACNE IT CAUSED ME.....LET ME SAY: I'M NOT BALD. JUST, I NOTICED MORE HAIR SHEDDING IN THE SHOWER, ETC. ANNOYING.

it is one of two things. more than likely its telogen effluvium (temporary, takes about 3 months to stop, but will go back to normal) the other thing it could have done is caused hairloss from the progestin in the pill, which could be permenant. the only way to know is either have a biopsy, or wait it out. if it stops in 3 months its telogen, if not it could be androgenetic alopecia from the progestin in the pill. just out of curiousity, did you recently start the pill? or recently switch pills?

just finished my first pack and about to start the second. it's not really super duper bad, just definitely somewhat more than usual.

then its probably telogen effluvium, which comes from shifting hormones (basically when u start the pill it causes your hormones to shift a little) dont worry, this is very common, it will stop, the longest it will take to stop is probably around 3 months, all the hair you lose will grow back, an it wont get noticeable at all. hope that helps- sadcaroline