Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sam B

My Accutane Update Blog

Hey guys! Today I started a round of Accutane, and I thought it would be good for me to track my progress and share it with you!

I am a 19 year old girl, and my war with acne started when I was about 11 years old, so I really can’t remember the good days of having nice, baby-soft, clear skin. As I’ve gotten older, the acne has gotten stronger; I’d say I’ve probably had moderate (to sometimes severe) acne for the past 5 years.

I have tried almost everything under the sun to clear up my skin – with the exception of some antibiotics…my body doesn’t like them lol – but nothing has seemed to clear this problem for the long run.

This is kind of a bitter-sweet moment for me; I have actually been on Accutane in the past and this will be my 3rd round of it in the past 2 ½ years. I have to say, it did seem to be the miracle drug up until a few months after ending each round, in which case the acne came back…each time less severe, but still not gone. I am hoping that this will be my final encounter with acne and Accutane (I’m not-so-secretly jealous of all the people with perfect skin having been on it only once).

After this round of Accutane and once summer is done, I'll probably be doing some Blue Light Therapy and Laser Treatments my dermatologist has recommended, but I am not willing to give up tanning time during the summer for that...just waiting for the day I can let my skin breathe and go makeup-free :)

Hopefully I’ll keep up with the updates (I’ll try for weekly), answer questions any of you may have, and ask some questions of my own as they come up along the way.

Obviously there are no side effects so far, but I’ll keep you posted!

I attached some pictures to show what I'm starting off with. A lot of the redness is scarring, but there are a few cysts around my jaw line, and recently I’ve been getting a lot of small pink bumps that quickly come to a head…don’t know what’s up with that!

post-80264-1302666180_thumb.jpgpost-80264-1302666191_thumb.jpgpost-80264-1302666199_thumb.jpg

Oh and here are the products that I use:

Spectro Jel cleanser

Spectro Hydra Care moisturizer

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour foundation

+

Clarus (Accutane) 40mg/day

CyEstra-35

post-80264-1302666180_thumb.jpg

post-80264-1302666191_thumb.jpg

post-80264-1302666199_thumb.jpg