Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Beachjon

when will i be clear on accutane?

so ive been on accutane for 2 months, and for the 1st month i was on 40 mg a day, for the second month 60 mg, and now 80mg i was starting to clear up the first month but when my dose was increased i started to breakout again so when should i expect to be completely clear by? and my doctor said to take vitamin e with it, has anybody done that before? if so has it helped?

Accutane takes months to work, during which time your skin's condition may fluctuate greatly and regularly.

Only start worrying if you are still getting a lot of pimples 4 months after your first pill. Until then pimples are not uncommon.

Taking Vit E probably won't alter the effectiveness of Accutane, even if it doesn't help otherwise:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11050580

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15807739

Good luck.

Edited by biggs881

pounds im guessing so that dose should be good for your weight, im on month 6 and still breaking out but not terrible so dont expect it to work instantly unforutunatly. its a slow working drug. Ive been on a ridiculously low dose though for my weight (i weigh 210 pounds and have been on a median of 30Mg so you should clear up a lot faster than i have) Biggs is right around the 120 day mark you should say some significant improvement.

Edited by Acnesucks33

pounds im guessing so that dose should be good for your weight, im on month 6 and still breaking out but not terrible so dont expect it to work instantly unforutunatly. its a slow working drug. Ive been on a ridiculously low dose though for my weight (i weigh 210 pounds and have been on a median of 30Mg so you should clear up a lot faster than i have) Biggs is right around the 120 day mark you should say some significant improvement.

ya thats in pounds, why havent they bumped up your dose?

great question. I go in next tuesday for my monthly appointment and if he doesnt up me from 40MG than im gunna go to a new derm,but im pretty confident he will raise me to around 80MG cuz ive had hardly any side effects and this low dose aint cuttin it for my severity of acne and weight.

great question. I go in next tuesday for my monthly appointment and if he doesnt up me from 40MG than im gunna go to a new derm,but im pretty confident he will raise me to around 80MG cuz ive had hardly any side effects and this low dose aint cuttin it for my severity of acne and weight.

that sucks bro, my derm is pretty awesome when i go for my monthly appointment if he doesnt see my face clearing up he ups the dose, but he said ill be at 100mg tops, and thats really high for my weight. but you weigh alot more so u should be on like at least 80, how long does your doctor say youll be on it?

he said possibly a year but im not lettin that happen. lol. im already way behind the 8-ball so it'll prolly be like a 9-10 month treatment unfortunatly for me and hopefully it starts workin soon.

Ive taken 4,300MG so far and my derm says 15,000MG is what i need to take to complete my course.

Edited by Acnesucks33

he said possibly a year but im not lettin that happen. lol. im already way behind the 8-ball so it'll prolly be like a 9-10 month treatment unfortunatly for me and hopefully it starts workin soon.

Ive taken 4,300MG so far and my derm says 15,000MG is what i need to take to complete my course.

wow thats a lot of accutane, i think ill be clear in a month, dont most people do a 6 month course?

Times your weight in KG by 120 if your acne is moderate or multiply ur weight in KG by 150 if your acne is severe (acne mostly on the upper body which mine is) so I weigh 210 pounds divide that by .4 and you get around 100 KG so 100 times 150 is 15,000 MG. My derm said 15,000 MG will be my mark.

Times your weight in KG by 120 if your acne is moderate or multiply ur weight in KG by 150 if your acne is severe (acne mostly on the upper body which mine is) so I weigh 210 pounds divide that by .4 and you get around 100 KG so 100 times 150 is 15,000 MG. My derm said 15,000 MG will be my mark.

i wish you could take one dosage of it and it clears over night haha