Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

just curious but if you havr a isolated scar here and there would prp work? i have like two scars on forehead that are shallow but disturb me greatly... hopefully your scars are improving

I wouldn't see harm in trying, or why it wouldn't. If they are really shallow needling alone will probably get rid of it for a better price.

here is a photo:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2yvmjbq.jpg

above the right eyebrow, and in the middle right of forehead

all I see is a little skin color difference. Are they depressions? I really don't see sharp obvikous edges of a scar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Timehealsall
just curious but if you havr a isolated scar here and there would prp work? i have like two scars on forehead that are shallow but disturb me greatly... hopefully your scars are improving

I wouldn't see harm in trying, or why it wouldn't. If they are really shallow needling alone will probably get rid of it for a better price.

here is a photo:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2yvmjbq.jpg

above the right eyebrow, and in the middle right of forehead

all I see is a little skin color difference. Are they depressions? I really don't see sharp obvikous edges of a scar.

yes those are depressions (two of them on my forehead)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Timehealsall

i also have like 3-4 scarred pores on my left cheek. They look like shallow linear lines. Would prp help that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

timehealsall, do you think you could edit your picture and circle your scars so that we know exactly what youre talking about?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Timehealsall
timehealsall, do you think you could edit your picture and circle your scars so that we know exactly what youre talking about?

yes i will do that

Well I just came back from a plastic surgeon consult, and bad news. 200 buck consult down th drain to tell me there is nothing he can offer. He said dermabrasion and laser would be a waste. Said that he himself cannot offer excision because he is pretty conservative and does not do something with such a high risk. His opinion was the with excision you've got a 25 percent chance of improvement, 50 % chance is a little to no improvement, and 25 % chance things turn out worse than before. It's a gamble that he doesn't take. I think many plastic surgeons don't do it, and that's why you don't see a lot of people on these boards getting it done. He said if my case was a test question an extreme approach would be to take out the concentrated damage on the middle of my forehead& would to take the better skin from the sides of my temples and cut out the bad skin and stretch the good skin over in it's place. It's a bizarre thought, and probably a fortune, very invasive and would never happen... so anyway I'm pretty down about it all.

On the good news. This Friday I have an appointment set up for needling, and the week right after I will do PRP again. This is a tough battle, and I'm sure being tested. And everyone keeps telling me it's permanent. And I know in my gut it is, but am in denial of the whole thing. I guess aiming for perfection just can't be the case. I have to take minute improvements with gratitude. I just want to feel like I am not an eye sore, or hard to look at. Is that so much to ask?

sorry to heat that nightlilly.. i hope you find something that works

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I just came back from a plastic surgeon consult, and bad news. 200 buck consult down th drain to tell me there is nothing he can offer. He said dermabrasion and laser would be a waste. Said that he himself cannot offer excision because he is pretty conservative and does not do something with such a high risk. His opinion was the with excision you've got a 25 percent chance of improvement, 50 % chance is a little to no improvement, and 25 % chance things turn out worse than before. It's a gamble that he doesn't take. I think many plastic surgeons don't do it, and that's why you don't see a lot of people on these boards getting it done. He said if my case was a test question an extreme approach would be to take out the concentrated damage on the middle of my forehead& would to take the better skin from the sides of my temples and cut out the bad skin and stretch the good skin over in it's place. It's a bizarre thought, and probably a fortune, very invasive and would never happen... so anyway I'm pretty down about it all.

On the good news. This Friday I have an appointment set up for needling, and the week right after I will do PRP again. This is a tough battle, and I'm sure being tested. And everyone keeps telling me it's permanent. And I know in my gut it is, but am in denial of the whole thing. I guess aiming for perfection just can't be the case. I have to take minute improvements with gratitude. I just want to feel like I am not an eye sore, or hard to look at. Is that so much to ask?

Hi there!

Just wanted to reach out to you and see how you are liking the effects of the PRP?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There definitely was softening of the sharpness of the scars. Better color tone in some of the raw areas I had. Some of the shallower one are less noticeable. I am doing another round next friday, one week after needling that I got done today. So right now I am red and banged up, and once my face clears I'll inject more PRP to help the healing to the areas. I am optimistic that even though it won't erase the scars, that my overall appearance of the scars will just be more softer and appealing. After a second round of the PRP I will get a better idea on the improvements that are seen.

I'm still open to consulting more about subcision or excision. I am returning to university next fall so am hoping to get much more improvement as I can through the summer. Once school starts I won't have as much time to be fussing like I am at the moment. Nothing will stop my quest for good skin though! I am determined to get what I want.. and know it won't be so easy.

Well I just came back from a plastic surgeon consult, and bad news. 200 buck consult down th drain to tell me there is nothing he can offer. He said dermabrasion and laser would be a waste. Said that he himself cannot offer excision because he is pretty conservative and does not do something with such a high risk. His opinion was the with excision you've got a 25 percent chance of improvement, 50 % chance is a little to no improvement, and 25 % chance things turn out worse than before. It's a gamble that he doesn't take. I think many plastic surgeons don't do it, and that's why you don't see a lot of people on these boards getting it done. He said if my case was a test question an extreme approach would be to take out the concentrated damage on the middle of my forehead& would to take the better skin from the sides of my temples and cut out the bad skin and stretch the good skin over in it's place. It's a bizarre thought, and probably a fortune, very invasive and would never happen... so anyway I'm pretty down about it all.

On the good news. This Friday I have an appointment set up for needling, and the week right after I will do PRP again. This is a tough battle, and I'm sure being tested. And everyone keeps telling me it's permanent. And I know in my gut it is, but am in denial of the whole thing. I guess aiming for perfection just can't be the case. I have to take minute improvements with gratitude. I just want to feel like I am not an eye sore, or hard to look at. Is that so much to ask?

Hi there!

Just wanted to reach out to you and see how you are liking the effects of the PRP?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Timehealsall

Someone wanted me to post my pictures here... so here they are (of my forehead). I have really bad skin because of seborrheic dermatitis... and very shallow indents. Can these be treated?

http://i55.tinypic.com/2ebsduo.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/29f9ycg.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/30kztpd.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/1537cs2.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/9kw480.jpg

the one in the first link i believe is a minor boxcar or saucer... and the one above my eyebrow is probably the deepest one. Can i get it excised?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Timehealsall

Also when i look in a car mirror, only like one or two of these scars look pitted, the rest dont really, just flaky from dermatitis...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

just curious but if you havr a isolated scar here and there would prp work? i have like two scars on forehead that are shallow but disturb me greatly... hopefully your scars are improving

I wouldn't see harm in trying, or why it wouldn't. If they are really shallow needling alone will probably get rid of it for a better price.

here is a photo:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2yvmjbq.jpg

above the right eyebrow, and in the middle right of forehead

You have no scars. Stop obsessing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Nightlilly or anyone else who might know,

do you think prp alone is worth doing? ie without any other treatments combined with it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Nightlilly or anyone else who might know,

do you think prp alone is worth doing? ie without any other treatments combined with it

Depends on you expectations for how much money you are willing to spend, and what type of scarring you have. PRP is also very individualized. Some people can get great results, others mediocre, and others might not see any improvement. Factors can be age, diet, lifestyle, your healing abilities, etc. In general when it comes to scars I believe a multiple treatment approach is usually the way to go. It did show some improvement, and for me that was enough to say it was worth it.

Edited by Nightlilly89
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Timehealsall
just curious but if you havr a isolated scar here and there would prp work? i have like two scars on forehead that are shallow but disturb me greatly... hopefully your scars are improving

I wouldn't see harm in trying, or why it wouldn't. If they are really shallow needling alone will probably get rid of it for a better price.

here is a photo:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2yvmjbq.jpg

above the right eyebrow, and in the middle right of forehead

You have no scars. Stop obsessing.

I posted more photos two posts upwards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

just curious but if you havr a isolated scar here and there would prp work? i have like two scars on forehead that are shallow but disturb me greatly... hopefully your scars are improving

I wouldn't see harm in trying, or why it wouldn't. If they are really shallow needling alone will probably get rid of it for a better price.

here is a photo:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2yvmjbq.jpg

above the right eyebrow, and in the middle right of forehead

You have no scars. Stop obsessing.

I posted more photos two posts upwards

Yes, I saw them before I posted the above comment. I just didn't want to quote it all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Timehealsall, seriously, it's time for someone to be blunt. Even more blunt than others have been with you. GET A FREAKING LIFE! I'm sitting here completely dumbfounded with why you are obsessing over your "scarring" so damned much. I would kill to have your skin and I'm sure others agree with me. No it's not perfect, but really, what do you expect? You're not a newborn baby. You're not a chick model (which most just have airbrushed pictures anyway). You're a GUY. Act like one. I highly doubt anyone in this world would notice your skin's imperfections in person. You are an INSULT to people on here with real scarring. You post on every single scar thread, asking a bunch of pointless questions that you can just bother google or your dermatologist with. You make me not want to be on this site. I seriously don't understand why you haven't been banned. THERE'S NOTHING HERE FOR YOU. You don't contribute. You complain about your unnoticeable scars to some extreme extent, yet do nothing about them except obsess and talk down on scar treatments like dermarolling. YOU NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAJOR HELP. I'm pretty sure my post, or anything anyone else says, won't get through your thick mind. GO OUT AND LIVE YOUR LIFE.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Timehealsall, seriously, it's time for someone to be blunt. Even more blunt than others have been with you. GET A FREAKING LIFE! I'm sitting here completely dumbfounded with why you are obsessing over your "scarring" so damned much. I would kill to have your skin and I'm sure others agree with me. No it's not perfect, but really, what do you expect? You're not a newborn baby. You're not a chick model (which most just have airbrushed pictures anyway). You're a GUY. Act like one. I highly doubt anyone in this world would notice your skin's imperfections in person. You are an INSULT to people on here with real scarring. You post on every single scar thread, asking a bunch of pointless questions that you can just bother google or your dermatologist with. You make me not want to be on this site. I seriously don't understand why you haven't been banned. THERE'S NOTHING HERE FOR YOU. You don't contribute. You complain about your unnoticeable scars to some extreme extent, yet do nothing about them except obsess and talk down on scar treatments like dermarolling. YOU NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAJOR HELP. I'm pretty sure my post, or anything anyone else says, won't get through your thick mind. GO OUT AND LIVE YOUR LIFE.

i unfortunately totally agree. your nothing but fussy and negative, for scars that we can barely see. It's kind of a kick in the butt to all of us that have a real problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Timehealsall

sorry.. i did not mean to make people who have worse scarring feel down. Its just, pictures dont seem to show it all.

In real life i can clearly see these indents.. and all i wanted to know was if theres a way to treat these scars? thats all..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

sorry.. i did not mean to make people who have worse scarring feel down. Its just, pictures dont seem to show it all.

In real life i can clearly see these indents.. and all i wanted to know was if theres a way to treat these scars? thats all..

I do believe you , what have you tried so far. Have you been to any derms or doctors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Timehealsall
sorry.. i did not mean to make people who have worse scarring feel down. Its just, pictures dont seem to show it all.

In real life i can clearly see these indents.. and all i wanted to know was if theres a way to treat these scars? thats all..

I do believe you , what have you tried so far. Have you been to any derms or doctors.

ive tried nothing because ive heard a ton of negative things about treatments. im still trying to get my acne under control.

I recently saw a derm... who did not label my scars as icepicks boxcars or rollings... he just said slight indentations. He said laser is the best (but his practice basically advertises lasers like its godssend) so i dont believe him at all.

I want to know what can work on me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

sorry.. i did not mean to make people who have worse scarring feel down. Its just, pictures dont seem to show it all.

In real life i can clearly see these indents.. and all i wanted to know was if theres a way to treat these scars? thats all..

I do believe you , what have you tried so far. Have you been to any derms or doctors.

ive tried nothing because ive heard a ton of negative things about treatments. im still trying to get my acne under control.

I recently saw a derm... who did not label my scars as icepicks boxcars or rollings... he just said slight indentations. He said laser is the best (but his practice basically advertises lasers like its godssend) so i dont believe him at all.

I want to know what can work on me

basically nothing can be done, until your acne is under control. When I was still breaking out what I did was at home peels. Very light and mild of course to be on the safe side. This is kind of all off topic for the PRP thread though. Maybe you should be on the board for acne and helping hyper pigmentation which by your photos is more of your problem. hope that helps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Timehealsall
sorry.. i did not mean to make people who have worse scarring feel down. Its just, pictures dont seem to show it all.

In real life i can clearly see these indents.. and all i wanted to know was if theres a way to treat these scars? thats all..

I do believe you , what have you tried so far. Have you been to any derms or doctors.

ive tried nothing because ive heard a ton of negative things about treatments. im still trying to get my acne under control.

I recently saw a derm... who did not label my scars as icepicks boxcars or rollings... he just said slight indentations. He said laser is the best (but his practice basically advertises lasers like its godssend) so i dont believe him at all.

I want to know what can work on me

basically nothing can be done, until your acne is under control. When I was still breaking out what I did was at home peels. Very light and mild of course to be on the safe side. This is kind of all off topic for the PRP thread though. Maybe you should be on the board for acne and helping hyper pigmentation which by your photos is more of your problem. hope that helps.

ironically, hyperpigmentation on my forehead was not a hugeee problem on my forehead until a week ago when i had a 4-5 pustule break out. I dont know why... but event he smallest pustules leave me with hyperpigmentation. Does that mean that my skin heals bad... or does that mean since im dark skin color, i just am more prone to discoloration (and does this relate to scarring)?

If i dont get indented scars from the pigmentation... i dont mind waiting for the discolorations to fade away

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×