Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi nightlilly

i'm curious, have you undergone any other treatments? why have you chosen prp? what type of scars are you treating?

I looked into PRP due to

1. it's safeness. You are using your body's own platelets so it won't reject it, or run the risk of over correction. Unlike a filler, it does not have immediate results, but signals a collagen response to the area that is long lasting.

2. Non invasive. They just took 3 tubes of blood from my arm.. and cleaned my face with alcohol and put a topical numbing cream on it. They process the blood into PRFM and then injected the problem areas.

3. little downtime. After the treatment I am a little bruised but nothing scary. Actually I look pretty good for having gone through with this. I am thinking by Friday I will be out and about again, but we will see.

Edited by Nightlilly89

Hi - I have been considering this treatment - just curious - did you bleed a lot when the needle went in to your skin? And how does it look now? Please keep us up to date - would love to know how it turns out for you - good luck!!!

What type of scars did you have injected?

Hi, can you tell us more about PRP.

I just googled it, but I want to hear your account of the procedure and the steps involved.

thanks

@lena2 I really don't know if I bled alot because I didn't see my face till after it was all done. I bled no where near the amount that you do when you get needled, since the only thing that penatrates is the single needling to inject. It was pretty swelled out and pink right after the treamtent, but by the time I got home form the city, it wasn't really bad at all. I went out the next day. It feels more bruised than it looks. Not invasive at all. Barely no down time.

Hi - I have been considering this treatment - just curious - did you bleed a lot when the needle went in to your skin? And how does it look now? Please keep us up to date - would love to know how it turns out for you - good luck!!!

What type of scars did you have injected?

It's been 5 days and all the micro sweeling is pretty much gone now. if I try it again, I will get needling done a week beforehand, let the redness go down, and then a week later get an appointment with the PRP injections. Maybe it will be more productive to use it within a close time frame of another scar removal method.

This doctor did not think my scars were good for excision.

hey,good luck to you i wish u all the best!by the way is this the same as Sephyl?aka the vampire facelife/wrinkle filler?
Edited by Nightlilly89

i know it suks !!and i know its hard to try to look on the bright side with acne scarring it feels like there is no bright side ...but we are alive and have ppl that love us regardless.no body's perfect.wow i really have to take my own advise lol...im the same way up and down.as a mother im sure your mom wishes she could take all your pain away.i see my daughter breakin out here and there and it kills me.i pray she doesnt hate me because of it.i have gotten her into a routine to control it.its tough dealin with acne and then the scarrin its like dammm give me a break already!!keep your head up and dont give up. with acne scarring its always a combination of treatments to achieve the best results.

What your saying is so true. I'm working on it, do yoga 5-6 times a week, still have my breakdowns though. I always pick myself back up and start each new day fresh. It's a lot for any person to take, and hard to take advice from people with perfect skin that have no idea what it's like. It's nice to hear from people who do understand though, and who are going through this also.

As for my PRP treatment: One week later my scars don't show dramatic improvement, but they are definitely a bit softer looking. I am glad I did it. In another week I'll see if it improves any more. In May I will most likely be going to get needled again. I am recording my before pictures, and in a few months I'll take some afters to see if I'm getting anywhere.

Edited by Nightlilly89

scarred pores are the least of my worries, I have an indentation from a cyst. It's 4 1/2 years old and improved prob 70% from what it was just from time and needling, but it still bothers me so I gave it a shot. Ill see if the PRP does anything to improve it. I will critique it in 2 or 3 weeks. Here's a picture of it I took a few weeks ago.

Also did you treat any scarred pores on your nose?

Atleast you don't have big pores.

The surgeon also said something about maybe transferring fat into the deep one in my forehead might be a good idea. We aren't really thinking about that yet, as it's pretty invasive. They take the fat like they would in lipo, and then i assume process it somehow and inject it in the affected area. Any one ever hear things about fat injections or fat grafting for scars?

I've been looking about it online and one doctor I'm quoting said

"Although it is possible to inject fat into scar tissue this procedure must be performed very very carefully. Keep in mind that this scar tissue is not normal tissue. It has much more fibrous connections and may not have the blood supply as other normal areas of your body. For this reason, the amount of fat that can safely be injected is limited and a good result may require several sessions. Your best bet is to work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is a great deal of experience with fat injection and scar revision techniques."

"Survival of the transferred plant depends on the health of the plant as well as the suitability of the area to which it is transferred. This means that a plant moved to a desert is less likely to survive than a plant transferred to a lush, fertile, moist, sunny environment.

The same goes for fat. Fat survives better when it is handled delicately, and then moved to a vascular (good blood supply) recipient site. Therefore the more the blood supply, the better the survival. Muscle has some of the best blood supply and fat does best when transferred to muscle. We use this principle when transferring fat to the buttocks. It does best when we implant it in the musclse of the buttocks.

Scar tissue often has a poor blood supply and may be stiff or resistant to enlargement. Fat garfting can help to eliminate depressed scars but the survival of fat in scars is generally suboptimal. However, when it works, it can be a very good result. Therefore it may be worth a try in many instances where a depressed scar is the primary problem."

Edited by Nightlilly89

The surgeon also said something about maybe transferring fat into the deep one in my forehead might be a good idea. We aren't really thinking about that yet, as it's pretty invasive. They take the fat like they would in lipo, and then i assume process it somehow and inject it in the affected area. Any one ever hear things about fat injections or fat grafting for scars?

"Although it is possible to inject fat into scar tissue this procedure must be performed very very carefully. Keep in mind that this scar tissue is not normal tissue. It has much more fibrous connections and may not have the blood supply as other normal areas of your body. For this reason, the amount of fat that can safely be injected is limited and a good result may require several sessions. Your best bet is to work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is a great deal of experience with fat injection and scar revision techniques."

"Survival of the transferred plant depends on the health of the plant as well as the suitability of the area to which it is transferred. This means that a plant moved to a desert is less likely to survive than a plant transferred to a lush, fertile, moist, sunny environment.

The same goes for fat. Fat survives better when it is handled delicately, and then moved to a vascular (good blood supply) recipient site. Therefore the more the blood supply, the better the survival. Muscle has some of the best blood supply and fat does best when transferred to muscle. We use this principle when transferring fat to the buttocks. It does best when we implant it in the musclse of the buttocks.

Scar tissue often has a poor blood supply and may be stiff or resistant to enlargement. Fat garfting can help to eliminate depressed scars but the survival of fat in scars is generally suboptimal. However, when it works, it can be a very good result. Therefore it may be worth a try in many instances where a depressed scar is the primary problem."

I am very thin, I've been underweight for a few years, but am closer to a healthy weight now. I'm sure they'd be able to find something somewhere though. I have a follow up appointment next friday about my PRP I just had done. I will see if I am makign another appointment to do the PRP again, and maybe even ask about the fat if it would be a good idea for the future.

Thanks for your updates - at this point are you happy with your results overall? Any negative side effects?

There is no risk so I was very happy with that. It's just about 2 weeks after and some of the scars are a bit softer looking. I think there was a little bit of a change. My follow up appointment is this friday. I will see what my doctor says, and see if I can try it again. After a second treatment I will probably be able to tell more is there is any difference.

I am very thin, I've been underweight for a few years, but am closer to a healthy weight now. I'm sure they'd be able to find something somewhere though. I have a follow up appointment next friday about my PRP I just had done. I will see if I am makign another appointment to do the PRP again, and maybe even ask about the fat if it would be a good idea for the future.

Thanks for your updates - at this point are you happy with your results overall? Any negative side effects?

Guest Timehealsall

just curious but if you havr a isolated scar here and there would prp work? i have like two scars on forehead that are shallow but disturb me greatly... hopefully your scars are improving

Guest Timehealsall

just curious but if you havr a isolated scar here and there would prp work? i have like two scars on forehead that are shallow but disturb me greatly... hopefully your scars are improving

I wouldn't see harm in trying, or why it wouldn't. If they are really shallow needling alone will probably get rid of it for a better price.

Guest Timehealsall

I wouldn't see harm in trying, or why it wouldn't. If they are really shallow needling alone will probably get rid of it for a better price.

Price doesnt concern me. I will have to see what works best for me

Guest Timehealsall

here is a photo:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2yvmjbq.jpg

above the right eyebrow, and in the middle right of forehead