Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TexMurphy01

Oily skin, dry skin

Okay I'm a newbie to this forum, but I had a question and ... well, maybe you guys can answer it.

This may be an entirely silly question, but please bear with me. Some people tend to get very dry skin and they get acne, and some people tend to get very oily skin and they get acne. Is this difference in skin dryness at all important? That is to say, does someone with dry skin need more oil and someone with oily skin need less?

I guess I'm just trying to figure how much of a factor it is. I have quite dry skin (sometimes itches) on my face, and I wonder if typical acne remedies are at all useful for me, or at least whether they should all be classified as for people with dry or oily skin? Or doesn't it matter?

It does matter if you're choosing a product, ones that say "for oily skin" will usually have something in them that strips the oil off your face - someone like you with dry skin does not need this and should avoid it. & yeah in your case you should be extra careful with your skin because the flaking off of dead skin cells that clog pores (catalyzed by dry skin) is one of, if not the biggest cause of acne.