Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kitkat3ny

Mandeli Acid

Hi,

I read the whole I believe 52page mandelic acid thread for dark skin people and etc. I was just wondering if anyone is still using this method and if your skin is still in good shape?

I'm headed to the derm this Friday and I wanted to inquire w/ her about this method. I've tried Retin A which destroes my skin, BP is so harsh, I've just about tried everything but this.

Plese post updates good for bad. Thanks.

Kat

I started on the Nucelle program 2+ weeks ago, and I really see a difference. I was using BP products in the am, and Differin at night with Minocycline during high stress times to quell the deepest cysts. I'm a medium toned female, and I have had acne for 30 years. I went to the Mandelic acid because I had a zit that stared at me for almost 4 months. Big Sucker in the middle of my right cheek. It blew its top but would never totally heal up and go away. Then I broke down I popped it and out came a plug the size of a small farm animal. I've used lots of products, diets, water, drugs (except accutane), vitamins. I went to the web after prowling the malls and salons just to see if there was something I had not tried. I read the 52 page thread also. BP keeps me about 80% clear, and I wanted to clear up my remaining stress and hormonal acne. And, after only a very short time that Big Sucker is going away. My skin feels very smooth a luxury I've never had. I put the products on chest and back too. Very nice, smooth, clear. And, I do have some red and brown scars along with a bit of melasma, but I could not tolerate the big guns like Retin-A, and the high percentage glycolics.I am so pleased I tried the Nucelle.

Thank you so much for replying to me. I am still considering mandelic acid. I haven't heard anything discouraging about it at all. So after 2+ weeks you are seeing changes? What about your scars? Are they showing any improvements?

TIA

Kat

Also, did you order this from skincarerx.com the believe the companies name is Nucelle? If so, are you using the 10% serum or the whole product line?

Hi Kit,

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you. I use the whole system from Skincarerx; they are less costly and they ship more quickly. I'm using the 10% serum.That thread seemed to discuss mostly the 10% and that has been fine for me so far.My scars are mostly the red and brown spot variety. The BIG SUCKER of course is raised and red but I do see improvement. My back and chest acne is very much improved. I would have whitehead attacks on my chest, and my back was just always rough in texture even if it didn't have active zits. The Nucelle in three weeks has made that skin smooth like when I was a child. I am amazed. I'm 42, and I have had acne since I was 9.I'm glad I didn't just give up. I hope it works as well for you if you choose to try it.Let me know, and I'll try and get back to you quicker.