Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lewskin

Thinking of creating a dedicated Hypertrophic scar forum

Posted

(Mods: appoligies for the double post but I want as many people as possible to see this and I feel people rarely use the hypertrophic scar sub-section)

Good afternoon all

As a sufferers of hypertrophic scars will know; when it comes to cures, treatments or even very basic info on the subject there is really very little out there for us.

Information seems conflicting depending on who/ where you look and possibly 90% of the "information" gleamed on the internet is mostly advertising or marketing for various magical potions/ lotions or drugs which, judging my most of the comments on this board and various other message boards, just do not work.

I would go so far to say as some of the information or tips/treatments etc could potentially aggravate or worsen a sufferer’s condition.

In my opinion, sufferers need a centralized discussion forum where they can come and share ideas and experiences with other sufferers, rather than being relegated to a sub-forum, within a sub-forum of an Acne message board.

Also I think if scientists are ever to find a cure or proper treatment, it will not be before there is much more public awareness and general knowledge on the subject, hence why this needs to be done sooner rather than later.

I propose to head the start of this “revolution†if you will, by staring a dedicated internet message board where users can share their knowledge and experience with this condition we are blighted with in the hope that we might be able to raise awareness on the subject and eventually lessen or eliminate the burden of this condition.

My eventual aim would be to appear in the top 10 Google results for the search “hypertrophic scarsâ€

Please if you would be interested in helping me create, or just be a part of this community, can you note your interest below and we can get this ball rolling.

Also, please If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for this then feel free to air them here.

Wishing you all the best

Lewis

Posted

You posted this thread in a forum dedicated to hypertrophic scarring. You realize that, right?

Anyway, if you want to form your own site, that's awesome, but please don't use these message boards to ask our members to help you form it.

I've removed the other copy of this thread, as there's no need to cross-post on these boards.

Thread closed.