Notifications
Clear all

Manuka honey for red marks

MemberMember
(@gofridagooglemail-com)

Posted : 04/12/2011 5:02 am

Hi, im a new member. I have been using 12+ active manuka honey for a while now. it is really good for red marks and hyperpigmentation. I put it on every night after school for about two weeks and i was already seeing improvements. One my friends told me i looked really pretty because my skin looked alot clearer.

Tell me if any of you decide to try this and your results. ;)

MemberMember
(@gofridagooglemail-com)

Posted : 04/12/2011 5:03 am

Hi, im a new member. I have been using 12+ active manuka honey for a while now. it is really good for red marks and hyperpigmentation. I put it on every night after school for about two weeks and i was already seeing improvements. One my friends told me i looked really pretty because my skin looked alot clearer.

Tell me if any of you decide to try this and your results. ;)

MemberMember
(@acne-security)

Posted : 04/12/2011 5:47 am

Ah why do I keep hearing more and more about honey everyday? - who would of thought!

I'm a little weary of it still and the fact that aloe gel does exactly for me, what honey is doing for you gives me no reason to try it ATM. But I'm def. interested and watching

MemberMember
(@texmurphy01)

Posted : 04/12/2011 6:03 am

How much do you use at one time? How do you apply it?

MemberMember
(@gofridagooglemail-com)

Posted : 04/16/2011 11:25 am

You just apply a thin thin layer over your whole face with your fingers and leave it on for a few hours. You may want to tie your hair back as it can get a bit sticky. If you do it everyday, you will notice a big ddifference within a week. You can get it from health shops like Hollands and Barratt and i once found it in Sainsbury's. Active manuka honey 12+ UMF works for me, though higher UMF may work better.

MemberMember
(@gofridagooglemail-com)

Posted : 04/16/2011 11:33 am

And for Matt - Have you tried 'Active Manuka Honey'?? It works for me, but im also interested in trying your method using aloe gel, would just like to know a bit more about it? :)

MemberMember
(@sima)

Posted : 04/16/2011 12:14 pm

I don't think it would work well for marks left over from several months prior. Most likely, it works on calming inflamed acne and fresh marks from freshly picked skin (which should never be the case, anyway, since picking is terrible). As for old hyperpigmentation, Retinyl Palmitate applied topically (Vitamin A) and/or Glycolic Acid (also Vitamin A, derived from sugar cane) work well for ungluing dead skin layers on the epidermis that are causing the marks to linger on your skin.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 04/27/2013 10:20 pm

just wanted to add to the thread. i have been using manuka honey for 5 days on my red marks and it is amazing the improvements which i am seeing! it lightens them and they are fading super fast!

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 04/28/2013 9:37 pm

Does raw honey work at all? I have raw honey. Should i try this first and if it doesn't work then get manuka honey? Also, what brand manuka honey is good? I know 15+ is best.

https://www.amazon.com/100-Manuka-Honey-Active-8-8oz/dp/B00AHE2QBK/

https://www.amazon.com/Active-Manuka-Health-New-Zealand/dp/B001O0BL9E/

Which one? Lot of good reviews for 1st but people say they changed the contents and those good reviews were from before the company changed it? Does anyone know if that means its no good?

MemberMember
(@ghost08)

Posted : 04/28/2013 11:13 pm

On 4/29/2013 at 8:37 AM, drewfish01 said:

Does raw honey work at all? I have raw honey. Should i try this first and if it doesn't work then get manuka honey? Also, what brand manuka honey is good? I know 15+ is best.

https://www.amazon.com/100-Manuka-Honey-Active-8-8oz/dp/B00AHE2QBK/

https://www.amazon.com/Active-Manuka-Health-New-Zealand/dp/B001O0BL9E/

Which one? Lot of good reviews for 1st but people say they changed the contents and those good reviews were from before the company changed it? Does anyone know if that means its no good?

I use raw honey on my red marks and find it works great.

Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 05/01/2013 3:16 pm

What about pure honey? Is that same as raw honey? Thats what i see in the honey bottle of mine.

MemberMember
(@tamms16)

Posted : 05/01/2013 4:55 pm

Where can you buy Manuka honey?

MemberMember
(@bobbyz1)

Posted : 05/01/2013 6:16 pm

Another great remedy for red marks is a powdered sugar & olive oil mix.

[Removed]

MemberMember
(@tamms16)

Posted : 05/04/2013 2:59 pm

I just ordered a bottle online. I hope it works. It's not cheap.