Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sbjj0701

the cyst that won't go away :( HELP ME

Hiiii,

So I'm not used to getting larger cysts, but I got one about 3 days ago and it WON'T DO ANYTHING. It never came to a head, and now it's lost its stiffness and painfulness (which is good) but just left a large red bump that feels kind of fleshy and soft, but still looks really big and red. I'm wondering how long it will take to go away, or at least shrink in size? I'm not sure a cortisone shot is an option but maybe if I get desperate...

any other ideas on making it shrink down without having to head to a dermatologist??

Thanks in advance...!

Well if its getting better like you say, I wouldn't try popping it or anything, unless you think it needs to be. use a q-tip and put 100% tee trea oil, peroxide, or 10% BP on the blemish - either of these will help loads for drying in out. Also putting a goop of aloe gel on it (I get mine at GNC) brings down inflammation and redness of the blemish like no other (in a matter of hours)

Edited by hockeymc16

Hiiii,

So I'm not used to getting larger cysts, but I got one about 3 days ago and it WON'T DO ANYTHING. It never came to a head, and now it's lost its stiffness and painfulness (which is good) but just left a large red bump that feels kind of fleshy and soft, but still looks really big and red. I'm wondering how long it will take to go away, or at least shrink in size? I'm not sure a cortisone shot is an option but maybe if I get desperate...

any other ideas on making it shrink down without having to head to a dermatologist??

Thanks in advance...!