Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
camus12345

Help!! Popped pimple disaster (pic included)

post-148753-1302582422_thumb.jpgSo I had a "lurker"-- one of those painful under the skin spots-- on my chin. It was starting to show a little white head, so I popped it and all of a sudden all of this pus and blood came up to the surface of my skin and formed a hard, painful bubble that I absolutely cannot pop or get to drain.

This has never happened to me before!! I'm a senior in college and have a really important event to attend tomorrow. Help!!! Any advice?

Has this happened to you? What do you do? What would you even call this? (none of the 'types of acne' descriptions fit what is happening on my chin right now!)

Im freaking out!

hmmm it looks like it has a head - This looks like you pushed it to the surface but didn't break the skin - well if I'm in your situation I'm going to create an opening at the head try and get anything out seeing as its already irritated - and then either way hit it with some peroxide, or some sort of strong spot treatment.

Because you have an important event tomorrow you may want to try an acne fighting concealer.

My girl friend just got a really good one from the body shop (the proactive kiosks at the mall also have them) that she loves, its basically a spot treatment that hides the blemish - jealous I'm not a girl for this reason -_-

Also I don't do this but some people use a sterilized needle to create a small hole at the head - then you could squeeze out whats inside - This is looking like a classic failed pop to me, I think it will get worse if you don't get the infection out and treat it. & I recomend putting some form of aloe on after your spot treatment - it seriously brings down inflammation, and redness as well as kills the pain

Edited by hockeymc16

Well... you didnt get all the puss out, especially the deeprooted kind that squirts out pafully under lots of deep pressure, that's why it came back. i wouldnt attend the event or I would fully remove with a needke and use lots of makeup after the next day after a scab forms.

Or if I think about it................... put make up on it, wait, then pop it later when it gets more pressured, and it's after the event.

Edited by AthleticHunta

This is what I'd do... and I'm no expert by any means.

I'd prick it with the sterilised needle, squeeze it, then treat it with diluted tea tree oil. I had a big one and it dried it out fairly nicely. The sooner the better.

This is what I'd do... and I'm no expert by any means.

I'd prick it with the sterilised needle, squeeze it, then treat it with diluted tea tree oil. I had a big one and it dried it out fairly nicely. The sooner the better.

I gotta try the needle thing haha