Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrjarjarbinks77

how much has holistic nutrition and diet helped?

I found a system where, it seem to work, then faulter, then work, then fall off a bit again. Inevitably, I continue to focus on health but, not 100% natural, organics, holistic nutrition. Things like topical, antibiotics, and medicines I will take. I found, there is only so much that you can do yourself. If you need help, you must seek it, and listen to your doctor. Do get second opinions.

That was what I went through too (well, to some extent, still going through). First, I focused crazily on vegetables; those things really detox you. Still breakouts, although less. Then went low-carb (but still keeping vegetables), felt higher energy, less breakouts, but started breaking out again! Now I am starting to balance out my fats, and I believe it's the final step. A 1:1 ratio of omega 6:3, with coconut oil and very dark chocolate, although I have not been able to sleep because energy levels are so high, my skin has never been this good since 10 yrs ago. Holistic nutrition requires research and lots of discipline, but is the way to go; however I am biased because I've never really tried antibiotics or accutane :doubt:

Surely you've heard of Antibiotic Resistance or Antibiotic Resistant Strains of viruses/bacteria? Imagine what that might be doing for your acne.

There is also good bacteria which helps you break down food and absorb additional nutrients. Antibiotics don't play favorites. They get rid of the bad bacteria and the good bacteria. Enjoy a life of chronic constipation due to having no good bacteria left in your small intestine and being unable to form a bowel movement properly.

Why would you even take antibiotics? Is your life in danger or is there a possibility of losing a limb? Nope? Ok, get off that crap right away and buy yourself some good PRObiotics to undo the damage you did.

Also good luck getting a 1:1 ratio of Omega3:6. Virtually impossible unless you're addicted to fish or flax. Even then, a 1:2 ratio is recommended.

To jarjarbinks, there are plenty of diet plans here and foods you should avoid to stop breaking out. If you don't get greedy and expect immediate results and stick with the good foods and keep avoiding the bad ones, your acne will clear up.

The only way I was able to get rid of my acne permanently is through a natural approach. I think that alone says something.

Edited by chunkylard

It definitely helps. It's just hard to figure what exactly within the improved diet is the biggest factor in helping. When you give body everything that it needs and much more on top of it, whatever deficiency you've got going on will likely be addressed. And as long as everything is balanced (ie you're hitting 1000% DV on vitamins through fruits and supplements but keeping them balanced) then excess will just be flushed out.

If only getting into it wasn't such a pain. Oh how I would love to go across the street and get 2 donuts right now... Even though I don't get acne much anymore, I do get the occasional localized breakout still. And because I want to try derma-rolling for scars, I need those to go away entirely. About 2 weeks in I've already noticed an improvement. One side of my face has been ready to go for a while now. It's just the other...

Edited by -Core-

My diet and lifestyle habits cleared me and keep me like 99% clear. While no antibiotic, topical or anything else I was ever prescribed ever helped. And that includes 2 courses of accutane.

And I don't eat 100% natural, organic, etc. I just eat mostly very well. And keep all meals, drinks, snacks low to moderate GL.

I do use topical OTC BHA and AHAs once in a while though. Not specifically for acne, but I'm certainly not opposed to it. I was once a big user of the aspirin mask/scrub.

Antibiotics is one of the worst things you can do to your body. And accutane... don't even get me started. It amazes me that they ever got anyone to take that absolutely toxic stuff, let alone that some people would still consider taking it today after it's been linked to severe intestinal disorders.

You can control acne somewhat by doing topical things to your skin but nothing will ever CURE acne aside from diet. Because acne is caused by diet and gut damage/imbalances. Period.

Surely you've heard of Antibiotic Resistance or Antibiotic Resistant Strains of viruses/bacteria? Imagine what that might be doing for your acne.

There is also good bacteria which helps you break down food and absorb additional nutrients. Antibiotics don't play favorites. They get rid of the bad bacteria and the good bacteria. Enjoy a life of chronic constipation due to having no good bacteria left in your small intestine and being unable to form a bowel movement properly.

Why would you even take antibiotics? Is your life in danger or is there a possibility of losing a limb? Nope? Ok, get off that crap right away and buy yourself some good PRObiotics to undo the damage you did.

Also good luck getting a 1:1 ratio of Omega3:6. Virtually impossible unless you're addicted to fish or flax. Even then, a 1:2 ratio is recommended.

To jarjarbinks, there are plenty of diet plans here and foods you should avoid to stop breaking out. If you don't get greedy and expect immediate results and stick with the good foods and keep avoiding the bad ones, your acne will clear up.

The only way I was able to get rid of my acne permanently is through a natural approach. I think that alone says something.

I suffer from depression. I've been this way most of my life. I've had family go down a dark road. Genetics haven't been good in my family blood line yet, nobody has suffered from acne like I have.

What hurts most is that, I KNOW YOU ARE RIGHT, I've just tried everything with little to no success. I posted up formulas, different routines I would follow, and the only real consistent success I've had was through topical + antibioitcs. I've been off antibiotics for awhile now. Using a topical though.

What sucks is this: have acne till I am whatever age and pass away or live till I am like 60 acne free or 99% acne free. If it comes on any more, I will go on accutane even though, I am struggling with depression, and I have no medical plan. Again, I know this is an extreme but, if I knew what damage acne could cause me, even without picking, scratching or squeezing, i would have got help ages ago.

Have you checked up my posts on my thread regarding health, fitness, holistic nutrition? Tried it all bro. I appreciate the post and effort provided. Sugar/sucrlose free, gluten free, no juice pop, lots of water, supplements, and a healthy active life style.

It sucks man. I would give and do anything to have clear skin like a normal human being.

I am trying to take BX's advice, live my life, date, and have fun. Its very hard still. Some days are better then others.

That was what I went through too (well, to some extent, still going through). First, I focused crazily on vegetables; those things really detox you. Still breakouts, although less. Then went low-carb (but still keeping vegetables), felt higher energy, less breakouts, but started breaking out again! Now I am starting to balance out my fats, and I believe it's the final step. A 1:1 ratio of omega 6:3, with coconut oil and very dark chocolate, although I have not been able to sleep because energy levels are so high, my skin has never been this good since 10 yrs ago. Holistic nutrition requires research and lots of discipline, but is the way to go; however I am biased because I've never really tried antibiotics or accutane :doubt:

It sucks man.

I see people eating mcdonalds, BK, terrible fast food, and I am eating salads, no dressing, and looking awful. So into health but, guys, as bad as all the meds are, I am not strong enough to do this fight any more. I am done with it. I want clear skin. If it means topical + antibiotics or accutane, so be it. I live a active life style, train boxing, use to compete, martial arts, workout 5x a week, run 3x a week, eat healthy, holistic, organic, and I never have cheat meals. Still, to get cystic acne, can you imagine how diminishing this is to a person? Even worst, to go through a deep inflamed pimple week in week out? Worse, to have any sort of scarring? I am 23. Its been going on over a decade. Without squeezing or picking, it damages your skin, items like proactive + topicals do not help, and likely cause cancer but, I rather live a clear skin life or 99% clear then be self conscious.

Had someone told me that not getting help could lead to scarring, I would have got help. I wish my family had better financial resources cause, I doubt they would have sat around fighting about money while my face is breaking out or scarring.

It sounds like you guys get a pimple here or there. Imagine scarring, look at pics on the forums or online, and put yourself in our shoes. Its a nightmare. Acne upset me before but, imagine wearing it for life? The treatment out there is expensive, a lot of times, dangerous, and you end up worst off then you started.

Have you seen the documentary Food Matters?? (No, it's not like Food Inc).

You should watch it. Food Matters.

You are what you eat... and if you eat the right things and give your body proper nutrition (which will take TIME and PATIENCE after our years of terrible food/pesticides/toxins/etc...).... Your skin, body, AND mind will feel better.

For example, niacin is good for your skin and your mindset. Cashews are good for both.

You need to figure out a way to balance your life, and your skin and mood should follow.

I've seen great improvements in my skin, energy level, and mood since going on a natural regimen (4 months now). It does take patience and willpower, but it will get you there faster than trying a new medicine when one starts to fail. The medicines will always fail, that's why SO many exist.

If you decide to give the natural solution a real, sincere (patient) shot, you will thank yourself. You deserve it.

You are what you eat... and if you eat the right things and give your body proper nutrition (which will take TIME and PATIENCE after our years of terrible food/pesticides/toxins/etc...).... Your skin, body, AND mind will feel better.

For example, niacin is good for your skin and your mindset. Cashews are good for both.

You need to figure out a way to balance your life, and your skin and mood should follow.

I've seen great improvements in my skin, energy level, and mood since going on a natural regimen (4 months now). It does take patience and willpower, but it will get you there faster than trying a new medicine when one starts to fail. The medicines will always fail, that's why SO many exist.

If you decide to give the natural solution a real, sincere (patient) shot, you will thank yourself. You deserve it.

Thanks. Not sure if your a guy or a girl. For my mind, body connection, I workout and eat health. I got a full six pack. I use to play high school football till I hurt my knees. I was a high school athlete, live active lifestyle, haven't touched pop or juice since before my senior year of high school. I don't eat cheat meals.

The reality is that, to do all that I do, and to still battle acne for the past decade and now scarring is a complete nightmare. A bigger kick in the nuts is seeing people eat BK or Mcdonalds or arbys & junk food with awesome skin.

I realize, if I didn't do this, I could have been like, "people think I eat too many chocolate bars and don't wash my face." :(

With stars supporting proactive, I use to cringe every time a commercial would come, and I would be present. Self conscious as is. I do agree, you are what you eat. I wish I was over weigh over acne. I would literally give anything to have clear skin, no amount of money would stop me. Its tough. I appreciate your advice. Again, if you click my profile on organics, you will see the thread in regards to all the nutrition & supplements I take.

Bro its been a decade since hitting puberty, since my first ever breakout, and 7yrs of "natural" solutions, and for all my troubles, I've gotten low self esteem, bailed on dates which girls always think I just flaked on them, and of course,scarring/skin damage. You are right. Likely, using antibiotics + topical & skin creams will lead to cancer or other illness but, a life till 65 acne & less scars vs 5 looking like the elephant man... I'll gladly go out at 65.

Edited by mrjarjarbinks77

Thanks. Not sure if your a guy or a girl. For my mind, body connection, I workout and eat health. I got a full six pack. I use to play high school football till I hurt my knees. I was a high school athlete, live active lifestyle, haven't touched pop or juice since before my senior year of high school. I don't eat cheat meals.

The reality is that, to do all that I do, and to still battle acne for the past decade and now scarring is a complete nightmare. A bigger kick in the nuts is seeing people eat BK or Mcdonalds or arbys & junk food with awesome skin.

I realize, if I didn't do this, I could have been like, "people think I eat too many chocolate bars and don't wash my face." :(

With stars supporting proactive, I use to cringe every time a commercial would come, and I would be present. Self conscious as is. I do agree, you are what you eat. I wish I was over weigh over acne. I would literally give anything to have clear skin, no amount of money would stop me. Its tough. I appreciate your advice. Again, if you click my profile on organics, you will see the thread in regards to all the nutrition & supplements I take.

Bro its been a decade since hitting puberty, since my first ever breakout, and 7yrs of "natural" solutions, and for all my troubles, I've gotten low self esteem, bailed on dates which girls always think I just flaked on them, and of course,scarring/skin damage. You are right. Likely, using antibiotics + topical & skin creams will lead to cancer or other illness but, a life till 65 acne & less scars vs 5 looking like the elephant man... I'll gladly go out at 65.

Please forgive me if you have already gone down this path, but you seem to be altering your diet to try to find the right combination for your acne. How is your digestion?

I was in a similar boat about 2 years ago. I ate all organic produce, mostly raw, exercised like no one’s business and avoided animal products and yet I had very severe acne. The truth of the matter was it wasn’t what I was eating, because I wasn’t digesting it! I was low on vitamins and minerals, I was barely producing stomach acid and my gut flora was out of balance. Looking back, I was on my way to developing inflammatory bowel disease. This inflammation wrecked havoc on my hormones and produced major inflammation in my body. Hellllooo severe, debilitating acne.

I met a great naturopath that helped me identify my food allergies, helped me get more minerals and rebalance my gut. My diet is much more varied now, although I eat mostly whole foods. My digestion isn’t always perfect and I can tell when I’m getting out of balance.

I have tried lots of different diets but no kind of holistic nutrition has ever helped me.

In fact my opinion of what is healthy and is not healthy has changed a lot.

I would say that acne has ruined my life even though i shouldn't have let it. It has stopped me doing certain things and made me take different paths even if it's only because i let it.

I am a few years older than you op so you still have plenty of time and i think you are right to consider the medication route now. I wish i had just taken tane years ago when i first started getting spots rather than pissing around with this and that. I never want/wanted to take antibiotics as i don't think think they are the answer and i also have something against them for one reason or another but my acne is only considered mild so i have and will always struggle to get tane.

I am not sure what you have tried so far but i would maybe consider giving the digestive or liver angle one more go and if they don't work then go for the tane if you can.

I have something wrong with my digestive system [gastrointestinal tract] - mild heartburn, gas, ibs type stuff which may or may not be connected to my acne, tbh doesn't really bother me but i figure maybe it's connected to the acne. Only thing is can't work out whats causing it or if there is anything i can do about it anyway.

So i would look into any allergies and anything you may not be digesting properly, one more time, just to be as certain as you can be so that you have explored that possibilty as far as you can. Remember what is healthy for a lot of people isn't necessarily healthy for you.

I would also do the liver cleansing thing through herbs etc if you haven't already. Gonna probably give that one a bash myself again using milk thistle, dandelion, aloe vera etc. Probably wouldn't hurt to do that before taking tane anyway.

Like you said i would rather have a good short life than a crap long one. But everyone is not like this and that's fair enough. Some people are obsessed with living long and all this health stuff and if that's what does it for them then fair enough. Unless you have some kind of allergies then i think diet and health are over rated anyway, within context, if you drink a bottle of Jd every day it will do you in obvs. If you look into people who live a long time their diets are often nothing special and genetics and state of mind probably play as big of, if not more significant role, than diet.

If you are fully informed of all the risks and are aware of all the side effects and you don't have any responsibilities such as kids etc then i would give everything one more go just to be sure and if the acne still shows no sign of going then i would make a decision one way or another sooner rather than later.

Saying all that i probably have adult acne rather than "normal" acne per se and many if not most cases of acne that start off in your teenage years do eventually clear up so might be worth taking that into consideration also. My acne gets worse as i get older but if you are a man, especially, your hormones might not have levelled out quite yet so you never know.

Please forgive me if you have already gone down this path, but you seem to be altering your diet to try to find the right combination for your acne. How is your digestion?

I was in a similar boat about 2 years ago. I ate all organic produce, mostly raw, exercised like no one’s business and avoided animal products and yet I had very severe acne. The truth of the matter was it wasn’t what I was eating, because I wasn’t digesting it! I was low on vitamins and minerals, I was barely producing stomach acid and my gut flora was out of balance. Looking back, I was on my way to developing inflammatory bowel disease. This inflammation wrecked havoc on my hormones and produced major inflammation in my body. Hellllooo severe, debilitating acne.

I met a great naturopath that helped me identify my food allergies, helped me get more minerals and rebalance my gut. My diet is much more varied now, although I eat mostly whole foods. My digestion isn’t always perfect and I can tell when I’m getting out of balance.

I could imagine it needs to be better. What I did for my diet & digestion is to incorporate digestive enzymes with meals. Recommendation is 2pills were meal so, about 6 per day. Cause of working out, I eat lots of meals but, I prefer much smaller then larger and on heavier meals, I take the pills. Zinc, vitamin C, MSM, vitamins, probiotics, herbs, teas, oat meal breakfast, gluten free, sugar/sucrlose free, no pop, no juice, lots of greens, fruits, no pastas, and here I am 99% free of acne but, dealing with a shallow scar. Without any of the meds, I don't want to imagine how bad it would be, and I am struggling to accept this fate as is now.

I got to say, I've had poor genetics from day 1, and despite the healthy eating, this is my starting point. Stomach ulcers, depression, heart condition, arthritis, stroke, cancer, prostate issues, and others down my family history. Acne was not one of the problems. Its very upsetting.

Using self help books, video gaming, movies, hypnosis, and music to take my mind away from it but, I am far from the guy I was last year. Acne was bad enough but, to pay for it forever is awful. I am working on my diet. By saying, screw organics/holistic nutrition, I don't mind I've given up and decided I wont eat healthy. I'll be the elephant man if I did that. I am just not okay with not taking something. Had someone warned me that this could lead to scarring, I would have did something a decade ago. Of course, financial resources were the kicker, and what sucks more is that, my dermatologist just gave me samples for free. Its tough guys. Thanks for the tips though.

I have tried lots of different diets but no kind of holistic nutrition has ever helped me.

In fact my opinion of what is healthy and is not healthy has changed a lot.

I would say that acne has ruined my life even though i shouldn't have let it. It has stopped me doing certain things and made me take different paths even if it's only because i let it.

I am a few years older than you op so you still have plenty of time and i think you are right to consider the medication route now. I wish i had just taken tane years ago when i first started getting spots rather than pissing around with this and that. I never want/wanted to take antibiotics as i don't think think they are the answer and i also have something against them for one reason or another but my acne is only considered mild so i have and will always struggle to get tane.

I am not sure what you have tried so far but i would maybe consider giving the digestive or liver angle one more go and if they don't work then go for the tane if you can.

I have something wrong with my digestive system [gastrointestinal tract] - mild heartburn, gas, ibs type stuff which may or may not be connected to my acne, tbh doesn't really bother me but i figure maybe it's connected to the acne. Only thing is can't work out whats causing it or if there is anything i can do about it anyway.

So i would look into any allergies and anything you may not be digesting properly, one more time, just to be as certain as you can be so that you have explored that possibilty as far as you can. Remember what is healthy for a lot of people isn't necessarily healthy for you.

I would also do the liver cleansing thing through herbs etc if you haven't already. Gonna probably give that one a bash myself again using milk thistle, dandelion, aloe vera etc. Probably wouldn't hurt to do that before taking tane anyway.

Like you said i would rather have a good short life than a crap long one. But everyone is not like this and that's fair enough. Some people are obsessed with living long and all this health stuff and if that's what does it for them then fair enough. Unless you have some kind of allergies then i think diet and health are over rated anyway, within context, if you drink a bottle of Jd every day it will do you in obvs. If you look into people who live a long time their diets are often nothing special and genetics and state of mind probably play as big of, if not more significant role, than diet.

If you are fully informed of all the risks and are aware of all the side effects and you don't have any responsibilities such as kids etc then i would give everything one more go just to be sure and if the acne still shows no sign of going then i would make a decision one way or another sooner rather than later.

Saying all that i probably have adult acne rather than "normal" acne per se and many if not most cases of acne that start off in your teenage years do eventually clear up so might be worth taking that into consideration also. My acne gets worse as i get older but if you are a man, especially, your hormones might not have levelled out quite yet so you never know.

Man, I would have taken accutane years ago but, its not covered. Also, I suffer depression so, the fear was that it could cause problems but, a 4-6month stint would run about $1500 (more then our mortgage). My family struggles to pay bills as is never mind that sort of bills. I am old enough to pay for myself now. It just sucks cause of finances, cause of doctors, and acne, I got to deal with scarring for life. I notice depression and anxiety happens even seeing pics or a mirror. Entering social events, seeing friends or leaving the house for work is depressing. I am so self conscious. I was insecure to leave home before cause of acne. Its a million times worse sense scarring. I use a fair bit of differin which helps and even fades scars but, it does little for any shallow scar in terms of raising it. Using topical clindoxyl gel but, I avoid the scar area to prevent further injury or damage. Considering fraxel but, there is nowhere to go. Family cannot help me out here, my doctor is recommended to let it heal for 6month to a year. In the mean time, I am a shell of the human being I once was.

BX is an inspiration. I admire his positivity and I want his strength to still be the person I once was. I would love to date again, to have a gf, to not be insecure, and self conscious. If I had been treating my body poorly, eating unhealthy, and taking full advantage of bad eating habits, I could totally understand this consequence. Living a healthy active lifestyle and to still be with this burden is absolutely horrible. Had this been a sports injury or a car accident, its one thing but, acne? I need to wear this on my face of all places for life? Its hard to swallow and accept.

I kill my free time playing video games or watching movies. I still workout but, I rarely see former workout partners. My best f moved away with his gf on a job opportunity. I am happy for him but, I miss the guy. A lot of friends are caught up in school, careers, gf, engaged, married, kids, and other things in between. Using self help to keep me going. Its so tough. I feel pretty empty on the inside some times and other times, i say fuck it. I need to live. I don't want to be on my death bed alone, regretting not taking control of my life but, this is still horrible fate to fall on me. I believe God helps those who help themselves. I did everything I could with my health and I continue to do it. I do all the praying I can and now I just question everything from my faith to what now?

I appreciate you guys sharing your stories. I've found confidence and inner strength since doing the hypnosis and self help. Everyday is a new battle. I appreciate the kindness you show and time posting. I am done with the organics & holistic nutrition for now as a answer. Clear up my acne through medication 99% clear. Skin tone is far from perfect though but, after a decade from 12 to 22, now 23 and its so upsetting. The problem with cystic acne is that, it is deep, it damages collagen and skin leaving scars and depressions in skin cells. Its not the same and its how the body heals itself. I got more scarring but, its so minimal I could careless. If only I can do something about this shallow scar. Sadly, all procedures come with an expense and a huge risk. I could do laser and be even worst off then now. I just wake up from dreams, in a place where I am at peace, and I wake up to the same nightmare. Its tough guys. Thanks for the support and further tips.

I saw a guy say he cured acne with fiber + probiotics. As of now, I am upping fiber in my diet but, using clindets + antibiotics continually though, I am off antibiotics at the moment. Clindets is being used as well as topical differin. If necessary, I may use a retin a.

In my opinion, most people who are unable to treat their acne with proper diet are doing it wrong.

I was treating my acne with diet long before I even realized I was. In fact, I thought I was even breaking out a few months after my breakouts stopped, but it was simply scarring from all the horrible chemical products I put on my face over the years that was being covered up by acne but I was finally able to see once my acne subsided. After sticking with my diet for a few months and realizing that the hyperpigmentation/slight spotty red scarring was not acne but my actual skin I knew that nutrition and diet were the answer to clearing your skin. Currently I'm working on adding even more anti-inflammatory foods to my diet and drinking/applying aloe vera and it's doing a lot for my red spotty scars.

Acne is almost never an issue of bacteria on the skin. If it was, you should be able to wash your skin once or twice and you would never get acne again.

In my opinion, most people who are unable to treat their acne with proper diet are doing it wrong.

I was treating my acne with diet long before I even realized I was. In fact, I thought I was even breaking out a few months after my breakouts stopped, but it was simply scarring from all the horrible chemical products I put on my face over the years that was being covered up by acne but I was finally able to see once my acne subsided. After sticking with my diet for a few months and realizing that the hyperpigmentation/slight spotty red scarring was not acne but my actual skin I knew that nutrition and diet were the answer to clearing your skin. Currently I'm working on adding even more anti-inflammatory foods to my diet and drinking/applying aloe vera and it's doing a lot for my red spotty scars.

Acne is almost never an issue of bacteria on the skin. If it was, you should be able to wash your skin once or twice and you would never get acne again.

Well, post your diet bro. Have yu looked at my link for organics, food, and nutrition? I supplement and kept my log there. It works for weeks or months even then BAM, cystic acne. I agree proactive and chemicals do damage but, without i man, I suffer. I am fucked one way or another. If I don't use, I look further scarred or damaged. If I do use topicals or antibiotics, I get cancer later on in life. What a horrible fate to fall upon anyone? It feels bad.

I suffer from depression.

You know diet affects this as well right? Have you made sure you get the nutrients that help? Keep blood sugar stable? etc? http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Good-Acne...t&p=2679680

In my case, its medical, genetic based, and despite self help, positive thinking, it only goes so far. You can only lie to yourself that, "its not that bad," so many times. In the mean time, cystic breakouts are horribly damaging to the skin. I assure you all, if I had no acne, beautifully clear skin, and no scars, I would be doing the same thing. I would preach the same thing but, you cannot fight genetics.

Guys I got a full 6pack, muscular build, workout frequently, run 3miles every 3days, and I suffer from cystic/acne/acne scarring, and have since I was 12. I can not say enough how damaging to ones self esteem. I've spent thousands on organics, hundreds of dollars on supplements, removed dairy, no sugar/sucrolose, gluten free diet, and still suffering.

It sucks. Man, eat all the healthy organic and nutrition in the world but, if you walk around with scars on your face, you would be feeling depressed as well. I agree food helps but, to an extent. Many spend their life eating healthy and still die of cancer having lived by holistic nutrition. So much preservatives, pollution, and toxins in food, the air, our water, and I so happen to be ultra sensitive on top of shitty genetics.

I seriously wouldn't wish this on someone i dislike.

Click my profile, read my thread on organics/supplementation.

fish oil, zinc, vitamin C, multi vitamins, digestive enzymes, herbs, msm, etc to just name a few on top of healthy eating, no sugar/sucrolose (artificial sweetener)/gluten, lots of fish, eggs, chicken, green veggies, fruit mostly citrus, oatmeal everyday almost for fiber/good carb in the morning, 3L water everyday for workout alone. More throughout the day.

I am not saying, I give up on healthy diet but, if you see my workout, my lifestyle, and all that I do to still, on top of everything suffer this fate, its very disheartening.

Yeah if you have depression already then taking tane is probably dodgy. I presume you are in the States, shame Obama hasn't been able to do more with the healthcare system, or should i say, lack of it. I don't think i can get a doctor to write me a subscription for it which means i would have to pay loads more for it.

This is super hypocritical coming from me but try to forget about the scars man. There are very few "perfect" people in the world, if any. Just because we don't see other people's flaws doesn't mean they're not there. I don't know much about psychology and i know it's easier said than done but sometimes the best thing is to try and not think about things too much. I am more guilty than most. I have wasted many years of my life giving a shit about my skin when in reality most people don't care and for the minority that do why does it matter what they think anyway.

I can't really talk about depression because i don't have much experience of it but that doesn't mean there isn't plenty wrong with me.

If you have a 6 pack and a muscular build then you are already ahead of the pack. You will probably find you are much better off then you could ever realise, relatively, compared to the other 7 billion of us.

Some people are short, some are tall.

Some are fat, some are thin, some are ripped.

Some are beautiful, some are ugly.

Some are boring, some are funny.

Some are fast, some are slow.

Some are strong, some are weak.

Some are poor, some are rich.

Some achieve lots, some achieve nothing.

Some people get their thrills from jumping off buildings, some get them from collecting stamps.

etc etc

At the end of the day when you die, like we all will, no matter what we do, none of it will matter. All that will matter is how much of good time you had. I don't know very much but i do know that when you're older, just like me, you will look back and think; Why the fuck did i ever give a shit about my skin?

It's the people who just don't give a fuck about anything who are having the best time, whatever is wrong with them.

While other people all walk around thinking; Is he/she looking at me? What are they thinking? When in reality they're all just thinking about themselves. In some crazy cycle of madness.

As i said very hyprocritical of me to write any of that and also i know nothing whatsoever about mental illness so i probably have no right to either. Oh well. I don't give a sh..

Like someone else has previously mentioned have you considered the connection between diet and depression? Look into it if you haven't, you never know. Supposed to be some kind of mechanism where the malabsorbtion of certain food types etc can lead to bacterial overgrowth which can lead to not enough tryptophan being absorbed which leads to not enough serotonin being made and supposedly there are lower levels or serotonin in people with depression. Maybe something else stopping you get enough serotonin as well.

Malabsorption of carbohydrates and depression in children and adolescents.

Doesn't mean it's not genetics just means some people are more likely to be genetically dispossed to depression than others.

I don't think that something that is "healthy" for one person is necessarily "healthy" for another.

For me i think porridge[oatmeal] may be messing with me and i have been eating it every morning for years, like you, because it was supposed to be good for me. Maybe it is for most people but isn't for me.

Keep your head up.

Doesn't mean it's not genetics just means some people are more likely to be genetically dispossed to depression than others.

I don't think that something that is "healthy" for one person is necessarily "healthy" for another.

For me i think porridge[oatmeal] may be messing with me and i have been eating it every morning for years, like you, because it was supposed to be good for me. Maybe it is for most people but isn't for me.

Keep your head up.

Fuck, I appreciate man. Its just been tough. I feel better but, knowing a work week starts up again just sucks. I avoided going out today. I gamed but, I should get out more. I am trying everything. Its always easy for people to say "oh eat healthy,"and yet, people still die of heart condition, stroke, cancer, and yes, acne as well. Its a battle to be quite honest. I had dinner consisting of chicken, replaced carbs with green veggies instead of potato, and I had franks red hot for flavor. I would give anything to not have this problem but, I do and it sucks. Confidence is growing given the situation but, I am accepting it reluctantly.

More tips, definitely send them my way, and I will look into it. I saw someone recommend fiber which is something I am increasing.

I suffer from depression.

You know diet affects this as well right? Have you made sure you get the nutrients that help? Keep blood sugar stable? etc? http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Good-Acne...t&p=2679680

In my case, its medical, genetic based, and despite self help, positive thinking, it only goes so far. You can only lie to yourself that, "its not that bad," so many times. In the mean time, cystic breakouts are horribly damaging to the skin. I assure you all, if I had no acne, beautifully clear skin, and no scars, I would be doing the same thing. I would preach the same thing but, you cannot fight genetics.

Yes, you can.