Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
killerfrenzi

what sunscreen to use?

Hi acne.org forums!

I went to my university's acne dermatologist and she prescribed me retin-a. I'm a little concerned about the photosensitivity that my skin is going to start undergoing. right now, I am using Olay Complete SPF 15 Sensitive Skin, but I'm not sure if it would not provide enough protection for when start using the retinoid.

So I want to find out if that is enough or is there any other recommendations in terms of facial moisturizers or just add a sunblock?

I'm probably going to look for something over-the-counter at Ralphs or CVS

I won't be able to afford anything expensive or need since I'm a guy that's not very interested in getting something like Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream for Face SPF 55

I also have this Neutrogena UltraSheer Spf 70 but I don't know what it will do to my acne.

Edited by killerfrenzi

Hi - I have been on retin a and BP for a few months now and have been using the oil of olay spf 15 for a while. I just realized it's probably not strong enough so i'm now starting to use Dermatologic Cosmetic Laboratories (DCL) Ultra Sheer spf50. My derma and the cosmetic dermatologist (where i'm getting v beam laser for my acne redness) recommended it. It's light and good. Look into it. If you order it online you can get it cheap approx $25.

Hope that works for you.