Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ive been drinking green tea for about 8 months or so now to help my acne mostly and because I've always wanted to. But since Ive been drinking it I haven't noticed any difference in my skin at all. So I have a question for all you green tea lovers out there and all thoses whose acne has gotten better because of green tea:

how do you prepare your green tea?

do you sweeten it or just drink it straight (I sweeten it :eh:)

and what brands and types of green tea have you guys tried?

should it be caffiene free green tea to help with acne?

and how long did it take before yall noticed an improvement in the condition of your skin?

I can't go a day with out green tea, I feel all sluggish, lazy and eat alot more.

So how is it for the rest of you?

Edited by lexib

I wouldn't microwave the water, I just have a glass tea kettle I use. What do you sweeten it with? If anything I throw a little honey in but usually not. I'd rather it didn't have the caffeine as well but eh it's only 23mg. Another thing, you should get it organic.

I love green tea. One of my favorite drinks! I don't sweeten it, I just get some decent quality tea (japanese or chinese) at wholefoods. One of the best brands iv tried is by a company called NUMI, its gunpowder green tea...sooo good. You can experiment with caffeine free, but in my opinion caffeinated is better, because the tea naturally has caffeine, so why mess with it!

Honestly, i'm not sure if the green tea has affected my acne for the better, cause I have a good topical routine and I drink green smoothies. However, I have drinken a crap load of it (6 cups a day sometimes If i am really tired) and it has definitely not made my acne worse.

FYI i read some research that said putting cream or milk in your green tea is BADD, it really destroys the nutrient content of the tea (i forget the exact reason).

I started drinking green tea last year in about september and found it to help my acne, not a cure though since I have had good periods and also bad breakouts. I have about 2-3 cups a day which has just become a routine now since it is pretty addictive. I find that it definitely makes my skin feel tighter and I think slightly more oily, no idea why though :think:

I'm from the UK, and drink the basic stuff from the supermarket- Twinings green tea with either lemon or pineapple and grapefruit flavourings. so good :)

I did try decaf of a different brand and found it nice and smoother but I prefer the flavoured kinds

i loooove green tea and i drink it daily, not just for acne purposes but its delish! i buy matcha green tea (they sell it at whole foods), which is a powder form of green tea and has about 100 times the antioxidants that normal green tea has. it tastes pretty good too. try it, its helped my skin a lot

I love it too. Thanks for such fast replies.

Phresh i sweeten it with agave nectar but I was told it might not be as healthy as I had thought so I'm going to switch to raw organic honey to sweeten it once im out of the nectar. I do have some thats organic but I ran out :cry: .

I will try drinking it with out sweetener, I'll probably have to get some more gunpowder for that

:)

Well raw organic honey is cool. I use it when I feel like sweetening it up but not if I've already had "enough" honey for that day.

As for the decaff, I don't recommend it. A typical cup of green tea should have around 20mg of caffeine which is hardly much. On the other hand, the decaffeination process will remove most of the antioxidants and then it's pretty much just dirty water.

...I'm from the UK, and drink the basic stuff from the supermarket- Twinings green tea with either lemon or pineapple and grapefruit flavourings. so good :)...

I found it hard to drink green tea without a flavouring, so I buy the Twinings selection box. A selection of green tea with either cranberry, citrus, pineapple & grapefruit, apple & pear, and orange & lotus flower.

Not sure if it helped my acne. I started drinking it as just part of my acne regimen. It has other benefits anyway, so I just carry on drinking it.

Green tea actually gave me acne. Most probably due to the detoxification properties.

I heard you need about 5 cups a day for it to work properly in regards to acne. I love green tea though, a drink a couple cups a day. And I never sweeten my tea with sugar or anything. If I do I use 100% natural organic honey. Personally, I don't drink it for acne, I drink it because I like the way it tastes and the way it kind of freshens me up.

One thing skin related I DO use green tea for though is a toner. I brew a really strong batch of green tea, cool it in the refrigerator, then pour it into a small spray bottle. After I cleanse my face I spray the green tea on a cotton pad and apply it to my face. Sometimes I just spray it directly on my face to freshen up, or I'll spray it on my chest or hair. I keep it in the fridge though, so it doesn't go bad and grow bacteria. Also, make a fresh batch every few days - week to avoid bacteria growth. And most certainly DON'T be adding your sugar sweeteners to this.

Since you're already brewing green tea every day anyways, when youre finished with your tea bag (and it hasn't come in contact with your sweeteners or anything) let it cool a bit and straight up rub the tea bag on your face. If that makes you uncomfortable, squeeze the water out of the tea bag onto a cotton pad and apply it that way.