Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ahwosh

Acne only on right cheek (pic incl.)

For around a year I've been struggling with acne. Originally, it was on both my left and right cheeks. However, in the past three months the left side of my face has cleared up completely leaving only my right cheek affected. I don't pick at my acne and never touch my face with my hands. I wash/clean/moisturize my face daily and keep a healthy diet. Yet my acne persists and only seems to get worse.

Here's a picture of the right side of my face, sorry it's a bit blurry.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

post-148726-1302546226_thumb.jpg

post-148726-1302546226_thumb.jpg

I don't talk on my phone that often (maybe once a week) and I never lean my head against my hand. The only thing I could think of that is causing it would be a hormonal imbalance.

Thanks for the replies by the way!

Hello good sir,

Considering what you've said so far you might not be getting as much sunlight on your right side.

Do you sleep with the window open occasionally and with your left side facing the sun rays?

Try a vit D supplement or cod liver oil

Edited by TDNB

Well bottom line - you must be doing something different to that side of your face. Monitor yourself and try to figure it out rather than having everyone guess. Let the board know; than someone can advise you the best way to treat and correct it.

i think you have the same thing i do.. not sure if yours are the same as mine but i would recommend seeing a dermatologist. i went to see one and i was recommended for acne surgery. if it hurts too much and your cheek is dry, then you might have to get it. but for right now dont try touching it or worry about it much. usually just cleaning it with a cleanser for a couple of weeks helps. and if you do go to a derm. ask them if its possible to take sulfamethoxazole tmp ds. i took that weeks before the surgery.. and i was just amazed how my skin got repaired, and sulfamethoxazole is an antibiotic that works as well as accutane thats been proven to be safer! but for right now, just cleanse your face, try to protect it from harmful rays, and drink lots of water.. vitamin e usually helps most people with skin problems ^_^

monitor everything u do to ur face sides :P

just wondering, how did u clear up the other side? like maybe u treated them differently, even in something little as how much pressure u applied

idk if u believe in this thing, but look up "face mapping" or "face mapping acne" on google, its a belief that each part of ur face is linked to one of ur systems/organs

(What the flying saucer is acne surgery...?)

I have this issue with the left side of my face. Do you get any acne at all on your left side, or literally none?