Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey! Sorry I didn't really know where to post this..

I was wondering if you would share your experiences of the possible link between drinking alcohol and breakouts?

I am going to this party that I am really looking forward to by the end of the week and well - I would like to get, if not just a little, drunk. It is so sad to be the only one sober.. ))): The problem is, that what the I have read so many things about what causes acne that I have no idea of what to think any more really ):

I'm half afraid of almost every thing you could possible find to eat and that includes alcohol too..(I haven't been drinking for a long time).

Since I'm for the first time starting to clear up I'm afraid to break out again. D: But on the other hand I have really really been looking forward to this party!

I have read some place that beer can make you break out?

I usually drink white wine or some kind of cider-stuff(not anymore because of the amount of sugar in it..)

What makes you break out and what doesn't? - ANY help appreciated! (:

Edited by LadyApple19

I don't think alcohol can cause you to breakout however the typical "party" environment involves a lot of smoke, dancing, sweating, high temperature, and alcohol loosens your discipline = you may touch your face more etc. If you get drunk, your typically going to skip your routine = a breakout.