Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ajames12

jojoba oil?

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the boards and seeking some much needed help. I'm 23 and have been struggling with moderate acne (white heads) since high school. I recently started Dan's regimen and wow has my skin dried out. Ive read that jojoba oil can help with the flakes and dryness but, how exactly do you apply it and when?

I guess Ive just read so many different ways people apply it. My face looks burned and blotchy from the BP, so at this point anything will help

Thanks

Edited by ajames12

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the boards and seeking some much needed help. I'm 23 and have been struggling with moderate acne (white heads) since high school. I recently started Dan's regimen and wow has my skin dried out. Ive read that jojoba oil can help with the flakes and dryness but, how exactly do you apply it and when?

I guess Ive just read so many different ways people apply it. My face looks burned and blotchy from the BP, so at this point anything will help

Thanks

There are so many different ways to apply it because it is really hard to go wrong with jojoba oil. You can do a jojoba oil "massage" before cleansing, you can add a few drops to your moisturizer during the day (and as much as you want at night, if you aren't worried about looking greasy). I think many have found using jojoba successful by adding it to their regimen like this: cleansing, waiting the normal allotted time, then massaging in 5-6 drops jojoba oil (for a decently long time you massage), letting that settle in and proceeding with BP and then moisturizer. Many have found this to be effective, and there are other benefits of it as well, as many say that jojoba oil can act as a carrier to allow the BP to penetrate the dermis more effectively.

So, basically you can't go wrong! Any of these methods will help, and it just depends on how aggressive you want to be with jojoba. Experiment with it's usage and you will see what I'm talking about.