Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I didn't know where to post this, so I figured that since it has to do with an OTC acne product, I'd put it here. I've been using benzoyl peroxide for a long time and have ruined many towels and bed sheets and even my duvet cover is bleached. Well the other morning my puppy chewed a hole in the duvet cover, so I bought a new one along with a set of matching sheets. I have a king size bed, so pretty much anything you buy for it is ridiculously expensive. I'm not a white sheets kind of girl, and I don't remember the last time I had white sheets, but when I found out what had been causing the bleach spots on the colored ones, I got a little nervous. Now I have this brand new duvet and sheets set, and I don't want them to get ruined because of the products I use on my face. Has anyone found something to solve this problem? Or should I maybe just try not using the BP at night?

Not using BP at night would certainly solve the sheet problem.

Which is more important to you? The color of your sheets or your face? Seriously, I would have just gone with white sheets. That's not a big deal at all....

Believe it or not.... BP staining everything was my reason for breaking up with BP. When I got married, I registered for everything WHITE!! I have white towels and white bedsheets. I am upset that I let BP control my life in that way.... I know it may sound silly, but it does get frustrating to have bleached sheets, towels, and collars of shirts.

If you are sticking with the BP, I would recommend getting white linens. Even if you don't use it at night, it's still on you. Plus you don't want to worry about not being able to take a nap or break out because you are worried about your sheets.

...the other morning my puppy chewed a hole in the duvet cover, so I bought a new one...
I hope your new puppy doesn't chew holes in your duvet as well! :lol:

...Or should I maybe just try not using the BP at night?

Out of interest, how long do you apply the BP before going to bed?

I use BP on my chest in the morning & give it an hour or 2 to dry before putting my shirt on. So far, it hasn't bleached my shirts. I thought about applying it at night, but haven't done so due to the problems you are experiencing.

ugh I ruined so many bath towels, and collars rings of t-shirts because of BP! That pinkish orange bleach stain makes me lol everytime I see it.

I use BP on my chest in the morning & give it an hour or 2 to dry before putting my shirt on. So far, it hasn't bleached my shirts. I thought about applying it at night, but haven't done so due to the problems you are experiencing.

I hope none of those shirts are expensive. You will eventually get some bleaching.

I didn't know where to post this, so I figured that since it has to do with an OTC acne product, I'd put it here. I've been using benzoyl peroxide for a long time and have ruined many towels and bed sheets and even my duvet cover is bleached. Well the other morning my puppy chewed a hole in the duvet cover, so I bought a new one along with a set of matching sheets. I have a king size bed, so pretty much anything you buy for it is ridiculously expensive. I'm not a white sheets kind of girl, and I don't remember the last time I had white sheets, but when I found out what had been causing the bleach spots on the colored ones, I got a little nervous. Now I have this brand new duvet and sheets set, and I don't want them to get ruined because of the products I use on my face. Has anyone found something to solve this problem? Or should I maybe just try not using the BP at night?

You'd better go with white sheets and a white duvet cover. I ruined a brand new cover a couple months ago, thinking surely the sheets would keep me from getting it on the cover...but nope.

As if the indignity of acne doesn't suck enough as it is, right? And then you have to deal with BP destroying anything your skin touches.

I hope none of those shirts are expensive. You will eventually get some bleaching.

You are absolutely right!

I have (had!) a lilac T-shirt. It looked fine a few days ago when I took it off in the evening & put it on the washing pile. This morning, as I was sorting out the washing, the front is completely bleached. There are also some streaks on the back (although I dont put BP on my back).

We have had some unusually hot days in London over the past week or so, so I wonder if sweating a bit more has released the BP onto the shirt?