Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cgoldfish

Worsening Chin Acne

hey guys!

so I've come here as a last resort, because I am seriously depressed about my face - something I used to take pride in!

I am 23, and only this year have begun to have serious breakouts on my chin that keep reappearing EVERY WEEK. I feel so ugly now, and they are so painful and uncomfortable, and strangely warm and almost...itchy I want to say, which seems odd to me.

I'm SURE stress has a lot to do with it, because I am constantly under stress for my job, and my volunteer work and college classes and just LIFE (amen, right?), but I don't think that can be ALL of it.

I do have a sweet tooth, but I've always had that, and this problem never arose before. I have been gaining a lot of weight in the last several years (up from 130 to almost 160 - no time to exercise, and stress helps build the blubber I know), in case that matters.

I try to clean my face every morning and evening, using clinique's 3-step cleanser, followed sometimes by olay's regenerist serum and then the clinique gel moisturizer (which seems to leave my skin feeling dry these days, and then I get oily during the day). sometimes I put neutrogena's Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel, but honestly it seems to just make it worse...I just use it when I feel desperate. I sometimes exfoliate, but I seem to create new bumps even with the gentlest scrubbing! plus, it's hard to exfoliate with sore acne always present.

If I leave the spots alone, and am gentle when I clean them, they still spread to the skin around them, and get red and the skin seems to swell deep beneath the head and around it like an iceberg I guess (the tip is small and pokes out, but under the surface it widens out and gets big as heck).

I just need some advice, support, maybe some omg-I-feel-the-same-acne-SUCKS solidarity comments...I am so tired of this, because this time last year I would look at my reflection and smile with pride at my complexion. WHAT HAPPENED?!

(this is my first post, so forgive me if I mess up at all with etiquette)

post-148700-1302505582_thumb.jpg

post-148700-1302505582_thumb.jpg

have you heard about turmeric and what it can do for acne and scars?? ^_^

here, before i go and post the a novel about my personal experience with turmeric check this out first: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/turmeric-...ng-t221077.html

its somewhat long but just quickly skim thru it. that first post describes it well. idr if the person mentions how well it gets rid of acne :box: but i'll tell u from personal experience it does!!

have you heard about turmeric and what it can do for acne and scars?? ^_^

here, before i go and post the a novel about my personal experience with turmeric check this out first:

its somewhat long but just quickly skim thru it. that first post describes it well. idr if the person mentions how well it gets rid of acne :box: but i'll tell u from personal experience it does!!

thanks for the tip! I read the whole thing, and I'm gonna go buy some right now ^_^

test try it out for week to see if ur face is cool with it... btw be aware of staing.. i use baking soda and water to get rid of it (i also leave the baking soda on for 15min) and then apply natural vit e. oil and gently rub with a cotton ball to get any excess yellow (plus the vit e. is my moisturizer ^_^)

... but as u say u read the thread then u should be on the look out for this as u got different points of views from ppl who have used turmeric :)