Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ameriwife

BP and burned skin

I've been on the regimen for 9 weeks now, using 1 pump twice a day on my face, and on my body every other day or so. Last week, I put BP (using the new shipped bottle) and I broke out in a itchy rash all over where I put BP. I had to put calomine lotion all over which the rash went away in two days.

My question is, whether I should continue using BP. I've never experienced any problems on my body (maybe dryness.) I also have these really itchy patches on my cheeks. Either I rubbed accidentally too hard and "overexfoliated," or my skin just cant handle the BP anymore :-( I have reduced BP to once a day and a dime size amount, hoping that these itchy patches on my cheeks will heal. But the surface of these patches is rough, and if I scratch, then theres like fluid (kinda like popping a blister).

Other than that, my skin is looking good. Has anyone experienced something like this? I want to continue using BP, but I'm afraid I'm doing damage to my skin :-(

yow know, i had the same thing happen right under my mouth. they were like two, small, really itchy and flaky. i reduced the amount of BP that i apply in that area. I healed up in about a month. but if a put a decent amount of BP there, ill start to get the "rashes" again.

my advice is to SLOWLY (i broke out when i quit apply there) to ease your skin out of it.

I have this situation as well! its this rash like rough itchy skin I was really frustrated. But now I know that I should ease my bp. so i reduced my bp from 2 pumps to one pump right now. Hopefully it heals up!!!

i had the same problem when i tried proactiv. the area around my mouth got extremely dry and and turned brownish and leathery. the rest of my face was less discolored, but so dry it looked like i was 60 yrs old. it hurt to smile or open my mouth... i stopped immediately and started using bio oil to rehydrate. after a week my skin was back to normal but i know during that period i only cause more damage. i haven't used bp on my face since, though it works wonderfully on my chest and back. i would recommend switching to a salicylic acid cleanser if you must use something, otherwise see the derm and maybe he/she can prescribe something better. i got atralin and aczone from my doctor and i'm finally seeing results.

So I'm updating a long time later lol. I saw that comments were actually left. I stopped using BP completely shortly after I was getting those blisters on my cheeks. I was 90% clear until about a month ago, when I went on a chocolate binge and am now recovering from the horrible breakout (from the caffeine). If I use BP now, my skin gets really swollen, burnt red, and extremely itchy, wherever I put it on my body/face, and it follows a nasty breakout in that area.

I still wish I could use it, though I'm glad that I have my normal skin (despite the breakout). I remember how cracked and dry my skin was using BP, using layers upon layers of lotion, half gallon of jojoba oil lol, and still it wasn't enough. Even though I was 100% clear, my skin looked always sunburnt, was flakey and just not comfortable.

Now I'm focused on diet.

Oh I can't use salicylic acid because it creates the HUGE lumps under my skin (especially on my forehead) where they aren't cysts but just these moutains. Then they go away a few days later with no mark or anything. I used the proactiv gentle formula (salicylic acid) back in sept/october, and my skin became cystic and horribly painful. So...BHA, AHA are pretty much outta the question for me.