Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EmilyLaessle

Has anyone colored there hair while on accutane

just curious if anyone has colored their hair while on accutane. I read a few post's a while back about going lighter but I am wanting to go darker. Do you think it will be okay or should I wait till I am all finished with tane???

just curious if anyone has colored their hair while on accutane. I read a few post's a while back about going lighter but I am wanting to go darker. Do you think it will be okay or should I wait till I am all finished with tane???

Hair loss on accutane is more common than you think. After 3 months of it i couldn't take it anymore and stopped taking accutane. I think coloring you hair while on accutane wouldn't be a smart move. If i were you i would do it before you take it.

I have bleach blonde hair. literally. Naturally I have dark brown, so I get my hair done about every 4 weeks, and like you, I was skeptical about coloring my hair. Personally, I haven't had any real issues with my hair since being on accutane, my scalp was a little dry in the beginning, but now everything seems to be normal. I just let my hairdresser know that i was on accutane and to be very careful with my hair (incase it had become more delicate). Everything was perfectly fine for me. I'm actually scheduled to get my hair done again next week, which will be my second time doing so while on accutane.

I know everyones experience with accutane is different. Like i said though, I literally get my hair bleached. I feel like going darker you should be fine, if you haven't noticed any changes in your hair yet. just my opinion tho! good luck :)

Thanks for the feedback. I have been on accutane for about a month in a half and I have not noticed any change in my hair at all. My skin has not gotten dry either so I am thinking it should be fine especially since I am going darker but I just wanted to ask around see if other had gotten a color job or not.

I am a bit nervous I must admit but I really have not had any of the side effects that many rexperience while on accutane. If other have any any issues with coloring there hair while on accutane please share you stories.

I have medium brown hair, and will be getting hair lightened to a medium blonde, with highlights next week. At the time of appointment it will be a little past two weeks in- I have really thick healthy hair, so I hope everything should be OK.

The dry/flaky scalp will definitely be hidden better with blonde hair... so that's a plus. ;)