Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlexAmore

I read an article on a humor website

I have pretty severe acne. I'm also the type of guy to experience bad acne from junk food and masturbation. What has helped immensely is mega dosing on Life extension multi vitamin powder, greens from Megafoods, acai powder, and raw coco nibs. Plus I take extra vitamins like

optizinc

vitamin B with SAMe

super lipoic acid

Chromium

and probably a few others.

Now this helped but I had to be consistent and it was kind of expensive. I'm also trying to gain weight (while hitting the gym) which is extremely hard for me to do unless I eat junk food. So I'm always going to take these vitamins even though I think I found the best solution yet.

So I would still get acne but not as severe as without the vitamins. Then I read an article on one of my favorite sites to check in on which is Cracked.com (This is not an advertisement). They are a humor site but often it is very educational at the same time.

If you check out this article go down to bathing: http://www.cracked.com/article_19121_7-bas...oing-wrong.html

So I took the challenge and I all do in the morning is jump in the shower, wash only the nether regions with soap, merely a quick hit of water in my hair and jump out. I then mostly air dry. I don't shave anymore since this and I'm growing some nice facial hair (I look good with it). I then apply a moisturiser.

Anyways my skin NEVER looked better since acne hit me as a preteen. I'm 22 now. I used to exfoliate like crazy to get the thick obvious dead skin off my acne wounds and I would shave as well. Now I do nothing I'm also getting no acne. I'm liable to get terrible cysts and everything but not even a hint of that any more and I know my skin. I have no acne on my face, just some wounds healing up.

I'm doing this while eating copious amounts of junk food (Until I can get to my goal weight). You normal eaters shouldn't have a problem after this and if you're eating healthy but still having issues then this should be the final nail in the coffin. I would suggest all the vitamins too, at least the powders and coco nibs which can be put into a shake. It really helps because so much of our "healthy" food still lack nutrients and therefore you lack nutrients so you need to flood your body with mega doses to get back on track. by mega doses I mean just two scoops instead of one or doing them more times in the day. You might not even have too because I'm 6'5" and athletic so I need more.

Edited by AlexAmore

+1, Cracked.com is the shit. Sometimes they have really informative articles and they bring it to you in the best way possible.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Both amusing and informative, I especially liked the sleep part. I sleep in increments, never knew why.

I have pretty severe acne. I'm also the type of guy to experience bad acne from junk food and masturbation. What has helped immensely is mega dosing on Life extension multi vitamin powder, greens from Megafoods, acai powder, and raw coco nibs. Plus I take extra vitamins like

optizinc

vitamin B with SAMe

super lipoic acid

Chromium

and probably a few others.

Now this helped but I had to be consistent and it was kind of expensive. I'm also trying to gain weight (while hitting the gym) which is extremely hard for me to do unless I eat junk food. So I'm always going to take these vitamins even though I think I found the best solution yet.

So I would still get acne but not as severe as without the vitamins. Then I read an article on one of my favorite sites to check in on which is Cracked.com (This is not an advertisement). They are a humor site but often it is very educational at the same time.

If you check out this article go down to bathing: http://www.cracked.com/article_19121_7-bas...oing-wrong.html

So I took the challenge and I all do in the morning is jump in the shower, wash only the nether regions with soap, merely a quick hit of water in my hair and jump out. I then mostly air dry. I don't shave anymore since this and I'm growing some nice facial hair (I look good with it). I then apply a moisturiser.

Anyways my skin NEVER looked better since acne hit me as a preteen. I'm 22 now. I used to exfoliate like crazy to get the thick obvious dead skin off my acne wounds and I would shave as well. Now I do nothing I'm also getting no acne. I'm liable to get terrible cysts and everything but not even a hint of that any more and I know my skin. I have no acne on my face, just some wounds healing up.

I'm doing this while eating copious amounts of junk food (Until I can get to my goal weight). You normal eaters shouldn't have a problem after this and if you're eating healthy but still having issues then this should be the final nail in the coffin. I would suggest all the vitamins too, at least the powders and coco nibs which can be put into a shake. It really helps because so much of our "healthy" food still lack nutrients and therefore you lack nutrients so you need to flood your body with mega doses to get back on track. by mega doses I mean just two scoops instead of one or doing them more times in the day. You might not even have too because I'm 6'5" and athletic so I need more.

You dont NEED to eat junk food to gain weight although it makes it a lot easier because junk food is usually full of calories.

you need to track how many calories you regularly consume and shoot for 500 to 1k calories a day more than you would normally eat in order to gain weight.

the rest will be up to your weight lifting.

weight loss or gain is ALWAYS determined by cals in vs cals out. doesnt even matter what the source is. Although eating healthy will only help.

Whatever water briefly trickles onto my face is all it gets. I'm sure I don't even have to use moisturizer. It doesn't seem to break me out though. I've used aveeno for years. I've been doing this for a week now and my skin has gotten better everyday. And I should have little breakouts everyday at least. Since I'm not using chemicals I can't see how this can wear off but who knows with my luck lol. I've been taking those vitamins for probably 6 months with consistent success...when I'm consistent.

About the junk food. You are absolutely right. My problem is I'm terrible with preparing food and really busy with work. A terrible combo. I'm definately in the process of fixing this to allow time and skill into my life so I can focus on healthy eating. Starting my own business that will allow me more time at home and my best friend is an upscale chef :)

Edited by AlexAmore

Well, it is an amusingly written article. And all good. We've talked about all those things here many times before, I think even the squatting/standing in childbirth. Some of them all the time.

I think it's also worth pointing out that I've gathered from movies and things I've seen that in many places in Europe they have squat toilets and don't necessarily have women lie on their backs in childbirth, so perhaps these things are more modern adaptations that have been increasingly taking over what people once knew to be better ways. In the WWII English movie Hope and Glory the girl gives birth standing up with her mother and sisters attending, implying that was normal. And in the movie Chocolat, there's a scene with a woman scrubbing a squat toilet in her home in France. I've seen a few in Europe, although granted one was a public toilet on a beach.

Also, even amongst Americans, daily showering is only the norm amongst the most recent generations. My grandparents didn't bathe daily. And when I spent a summer staying with English families, they didn't either, with many only having a tub with no shower. I personally can't sleep without bathing, not in this humid climate anyway. But I don't use any cleansers.

The bathing thing isn't the most important btw, even just regarding acne. Do not just skip down to it as the OP said. Read the whole thing.

There's plenty they could say about eating as well. And exercising.

Edited by alternativista

in France they have a lot of squating toilets...

Funny you should say that, because the only one I can clearly remember, the public one on the beach, was in the Netherlands. I'm pretty sure that was my first.

in France they have a lot of squating toilets...

Funny you should say that, because the only one I can clearly remember, the public one on the beach, was in the Netherlands. I'm pretty sure that was my first.

never seen one in the Netherlands xD But in France they have them on every stopping place around the roads (bigger roads)