Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am at university and have a year and a half to go but I have never been confident enough to go out and look for some sort of part time Job related to my course. Finally I got the confidence to go for an interview on Monday and I couldn't believe how great I felt.

I mean I realised how crappy my face looked- my face is really pale and red at the moment thanks to the Tane and so ever mark stands out but I forced myself to be confident and couldn't believe how it went.

The guy doing the interview was so frank about first impressions and said to me "well lets face it a person makes an opinion of someone in the first 5 seconds of meeting and you come across very well". I couldn't believe he was so complementary.

I have never been that confident in myself and through the entire interview I was able to maintain eye contact with him and in the end he said to me "I hope to hear from you soon" and kept on asking me how I would feel about working there.

I mean my grades are quite good and I have good speaking skills (which hides my lack of confidence) which I dont understand given I miss so many classes and socially close myself off to people but I just felt some hope where I never felt any hope existed or would ever exist.

God I am praying this Tane does its job.

Yeh I know what you mean but sometimes it is hard to stop thinking so negative when you have been doing it for such a long time. I just feel in such an environment (law firm) where there is so much interaction with large corporate clients they woule have been reluctant to take on someone who didnt look the part.

I am starting to look to all the positive signals in my life rather then always getting down on myself.

I have a job interview tomorrow, well, technically today, and I have zero confidence>my resume I guess impressed them and yeah, like you, I have good speaking skills, articulate, whateva haha, but I think I'm just going to FAKE THE CONFIDENCE and pretend my skin doesn't look like shit: I've read that when you do that, eventually it'll become real (the confidence part, hopefully skin will follow too)...

I dont think your boss will mind your face if you do a good job!! sheesh tongue.gif

acne can get in the way at work and cause the worker not to do his or her job.