Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
theindividual

Important question

alright, kind of embarrassing. i shaved my gentials (im a guy) and the irritation i guess broke me our down there. It was a tiny one (and i popped them, i know now that was a bad idea).So as the hair started growing back i used neosporin so i would have scars down there from the ones i poped..but now im having some breakouts down there ( i guess the ointment clogs pores) So i heard if i uses the cream it wont break me out. Also, is it ok to use the DKR cleanser to clean down there or is it to harsh.

please help, suggestions needed.

alright, kind of embarrassing. i shaved my gentials (im a guy) and the irritation i guess broke me our down there. It was a tiny one (and i popped them, i know now that was a bad idea).So as the hair started growing back i used neosporin so i would have scars down there from the ones i poped..but now im having some breakouts down there ( i guess the ointment clogs pores) So i heard if i uses the cream it wont break me out. Also, is it ok to use the DKR cleanser to clean down there or is it to harsh.

please help, suggestions needed.

None whatsoever?

The Cleanser should be fine to use down below--Dan recommends it as a body cleanser for people with back/body acne, so...

If you get ingrown hairs after shaving, try using an astringent with Salicylic Acid (it'll probably burn if you use it right after shaving, but...). That should help keep the razor bumps to a minimum.

The Cleanser should be fine to use down below--Dan recommends it as a body cleanser for people with back/body acne, so...

If you get ingrown hairs after shaving, try using an astringent with Salicylic Acid (it'll probably burn if you use it right after shaving, but...). That should help keep the razor bumps to a minimum.

what about the neosporin cream to help healing down there. Also is there anything i can do to reduce scarring, or if i do end up having some hyperpigmentation down there (isnt that the term for red and purple marks?) anything im able to use to hel[ those clear faster?

Sometimes Neosporin seems to help with acne, but it seems more like you're dealing with razor burn, so I don't know how helpful it will be for you.

To be honest, I say just use a Salicylic Acid toner to help get the razor bumps under control, and then just leave it be. In twenty six years, very, very rarely have I ever gotten PIH from razor bumps "down there", and even if you do get some red or dark marks, they'll fade on their own in time.

Sometimes Neosporin seems to help with acne, but it seems more like you're dealing with razor burn, so I don't know how helpful it will be for you.

To be honest, I say just use a Salicylic Acid toner to help get the razor bumps under control, and then just leave it be. In twenty six years, very, very rarely have I ever gotten PIH from razor bumps "down there", and even if you do get some red or dark marks, they'll fade on their own in time.

I was messing with them (which was a mistake) and now they became full blown acne...and when i sued the oinment it make me brek out..so thats why i switched to the cream they are healing but they are purple. how long do you think it would take to fade down there?

Also thanks for your help so far

Edited by theindividual

Gotcha. So are they still inflamed bumps, or are you just dealing with PIH now? 'Cause how you treat the skin down there depends on what, exactly, the problem is.

Gotcha. So are they still inflamed bumps, or are you just dealing with PIH now? 'Cause how you treat the skin down there depends on what, exactly, the problem is.
After i irrited them and use the oinment whcih caused me to breakout, they are Pimples that are healing...so wounds is what im dealing with.

Ah. Welllll, I don't think the Neosporin is going to help clear up the now-inflamed and irritated razor bumps. For that, you'd be better off using a product specifically made to clear acne, which is why I keep suggesting a SA toner. That would help to dry up and unclog the spots so that they can heal up. All the Neosporin is doing is keeping the area moist at this point, you know?

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Or just let them clear up on their own. I've gotten razor burns/bumps before, and as long as I leave them alone, they go away within a few weeks (if they are quite inflamed). Could even be that your razor was quite dirty and caused that reaction, which could be why some guys break out on their faces after shaving. I use an epilator on my underarms and legs (it's kind of like waxing but it's an electronic machine), and you are supposed to wash it on a regular basis. I'm lazy with that. So I notice that when I use it on my underarms, I almost always get little pimple-like bumps, but once I clean the machine, I stop getting them. So just leave the bumps alone, and if you want to shave again, make sure you disinfect your razor before doing so. I just use rubbing alcohol for that.

Thanks for both of the replies and help. They are healing like regular wounds now...so not alot of inflamation...and thanks for the razor tip. I shave every day so would i be able to disinfect it after every shave/

How long have you had these for? Because it sounds like you've got ingrown hairs or the follicles have become infected because you picked etc. You should seriously leave them alone to heal themselves because you will make them so much worse. Trust, they will go in their own time if you just leave them alone.

How long have you had these for? Because it sounds like you've got ingrown hairs or the follicles have become infected because you picked etc. You should seriously leave them alone to heal themselves because you will make them so much worse. Trust, they will go in their own time if you just leave them alone.

All the hair has grown back...but every few days i get a inflamed bump around on of the hairs...what is this?

All the hair has grown back...but every few days i get a inflamed bump around on of the hairs...what is this?

hmmm i'm not too sure... see how it goes and if it doesn't go, go see ur gp?

hmmm i'm not too sure... see how it goes and if it doesn't go, go see ur gp?

I know its not anything sexually transmitted. Maybe the irritation from me messing with the others caused more.