Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
theone111

acne keeps coming back; going to try dietary change

So my acne keeps coming back and is more vicious then ever now. I would like to start a diet change and see where that gets me. What does everyone recommend I do? And also how long will i have to continue the diet for?

Diet: Avoid triggering foods such as dairy (raw unpasturized organic and unsweetened kefir are generally ok), soy (always. no exceptions.) and gluten (no exceptions.) Eat plenty of green vegetables. Eat plenty of healthy fats/oils such as meat, fish, avocados, olive oil, coconut oil with the occasional handful of nuts or seeds. Avoid sugar unless it's coming from fruit and even then try to limit it.

Time: No longer than it would take you to get max results from a chemical cleanser.

So my acne keeps coming back and is more vicious then ever now. I would like to start a diet change and see where that gets me. What does everyone recommend I do? And also how long will i have to continue the diet for?

What you want is a healthy lifestyle with natural circadian cycle, stress management, physical activity and a nutrient dense, anti-inflammatory blood sugar stabilizing diet that doesn't include anything you have an intolerance for. More info: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Good-Acne...es-t230714.html on the many ways diet and lifestyle affect acne and what to do about them.

And you do it for life. It's good for every health issue.

Edited by alternativista

Diet: Avoid triggering foods such as dairy (raw unpasturized organic and unsweetened kefir are generally ok), soy (always. no exceptions.) and gluten (no exceptions.) Eat plenty of green vegetables. Eat plenty of healthy fats/oils such as meat, fish, avocados, olive oil, coconut oil with the occasional handful of nuts or seeds. Avoid sugar unless it's coming from fruit and even then try to limit it.

Time: No longer than it would take you to get max results from a chemical cleanser.

This guy knows what he's talking about. I've struggled with acne half of my life, I'm 25 now. I began low-carb dieting to lose fat for weightlifting and my acne started clearing up. Serendipity. I recommend keeping carb intake as low as you can, that is, less than 50g per day.