Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cbjornn

Lavender, Baby! This is what works for me!

So I have been stress free from acne related concerns now for about 8 months and I felt guilty not sharing this with Acne.org (I love this website!!!).

I began having acne when I was 14 and it was the worst between 19 and 22, I'm now 24 and I finally feel like a normal person (in this regard at least lol).

I'm male, Caucasian and I have fair skin, with a tendency of an oily T zone.

I've searched the Internet and friends and even strangers at the freakin' Wal-Mart (No, I'm not even kidding!!) for the "secret" to my cure for Acne. Please note I'm not selling anything as I hope my discoveries and conclusions can help my fellow stressed and depressed friends!!!!!!

I'm extremely confident everyone of you have tried the following things:

Medicinal wise: Minocycline, Tetracycline, Accutane (which by far worked the best, until I was done with my cycle), All natural medicine for Acne Control, Allergy tests and Blood tests (not much showed).

Dietary and Lifestyle: Lemon cleanse, the Anti-Fungal diets to rid of Candida, Whole Foods Vitmanins and Minerals, Reverse Osmosis Water only, the Caveman diet, Vegan diet, Gluten Free diet (which drastically helps my ADHD and Anxiety by the way), quitting Caffeine (helps to rid of ADHD and Anxiety the most), quitting Cigarettes (helps rid Depression), exercising (which sometimes makes acne way worse as many of you have seen), Chlorine ridding Shower Head, Herbal tea morning and night, yoga.

Mind-Control: The "I'm blowing this out of proportion and some people have it way worse than I do" mindset (which lasts until you notice a girl you like staring at your individual...at your face), total Junk Food Gamer attitude where I have accepted the fate I would be acne-ful for the rest of my life and I just don't care anymore (You always will care!!!!), "going out and forcing myself to have fun and maybe if I have fun then my stress will go away and then my acne will clear" mindset.

Topical: Prescription grade Benzocycline face washes, Acne.org products (sorry Dan), every lotion ever made ha ha, every Neutrogena Face wash and toner, Acne-Free products, home made toner, Proactive (worked the worst), scrubbing my face furiously, never touching my face at all, washing with only Dove soap, washing with only water, not letting water touch my face, washing with Cetaphil bar soap, washing with Cetaphil liquid soap, not letting water touch my face and leaving Cetaphil liquid soap on my face, the aspirin mask, the honey mask, the green tea mask, the Oil remedy (washing your face with oils - which ps led me to my total discovery), tanning beds, natural tanning daily.

Spiritual: So many prayers and eventually losing faith in God because of my anger. Feeling like I lacked faith. Feeling like faith is ridiculous. Feeling like I am ridiculous to involve faith in the appearance of my skin. Realizing if there is a God that He/She has much more to focus on than my skin.

Blah Blah Blah, I could literally go on for so much longer!!!! You get it.

So after a long enough time and trying everything other than the Urine Remedy (where you drink your own pee in the morning and put some on your face at night), I finally found what works for me!!

As I stated, the Oil remedy led me to it. My favorite thing in the entire world is Lavender Oil. Now, how I use it is perfect for me, maybe not you, but it has worked wonders for me. Lavender Oil and a few other tricks which I will now explain (sorry this is so long ps).

1. A standard 100% pure essential Lavender oil, which I purchased at whole foods. I've had the same bottle for Almost a year and have barely made a dent in it. Basically, when ever I have one of those zits where I can pop it and the white gross stuff pops out, I simply use a dropper and place one drop over that lesion. I only pop these zits and do this at night. Now, I don't have to do this much ever, and funny enough guys you almost start to miss the feeling of popping a good zit lol. Yea, it's like Stockholm syndrome ha. Good riddance though!

Anyway, the Lavender Oil is incredible! Most of the time when you pop a zit and you either just lotion over it, or some kind of harsh spot treatment, it either takes days to fully heal (and leaves a nasty red mark) or it just come right back and your popping the same spot for a week. Well, Lavender Oil makes it heal very quickly and I've never seen a zit come back after using it. I swear by this stuff guys!

http://img42.imageshack.us/i/oilv.jpg/

2. THIS IS WHAT SAVED ME!!!! "Avalon Organics - Hand & Body Lotion - Lavender".Luckily my girlfriend thinks it is sexy that her man smells like Lavender :) You don't have to be modest or liberal, simply use what you need to cover your face well. They used to only make this lotion for Sun Screen protection as well, but both types work just the same for me. Use this lotion morning and night, especially right out of the shower! I use this on my face, neck, chest, back, shoulders and arms. Also helps so much with dry skin! Use this on your face after you have used the Lavender Oil (if you needed to that is).

http://img543.imageshack.us/i/lotion.jpg/

3. 6 out of the 7 days in a week - Quitting Dairy, Caffeine and Cigarettes.I feel sick when I eat dairy, simply put that a milk shake always shows up in my face 3 days later. Start using Coconut Milk for your Cereal! WAY better than Soy, Lactose Free milk, Almond Milk, etc. Caffeine simply throws my ADHD over the edge so I quit it for one month to get it out of my system and now I have it about 1-2x a week. I do well. Cigarettes, ugh, I was tired of hiding Cigarette smell with Candles, etc. I have 1 a week at the most and I feel so much happier :) Stress is a huge part in all of this!

4. Don't shower every morning and night!!! I realized through all of this that our body is very intelligent and knows how to care for itself. Our bodies are not a**holes who want to ruin our lives, I promise! So, I realized showering daily is way too excessive and it really is bad for your skin - especially when your shower has minerals and Chlorine streaming through it! So I shower 2-3x a week and I feel awesome!! Winter is almost over here in Utah, so I may change that up when Summer hits and I'm hiking a lot, but for now it works well! PS, doing this will help your skin to not dry out as much. On my upper arms (triceps ares) and forehead I had the little red bumps forever. I found that these bumps come out, for me at least, a lot more as a result of very dry skin (which then also is the reason for my old T-Zone). The Lotion noted up above is perfect for your arm bumps, must be applied every morning and night for 3 weeks and then they are gone! I promise (at least for me!!).

Also, if you worry about greasy hair (sorry, this next part is mostly for men, but some girls are fine with it too)...Baby Powder. Ha, I know it sounds weird, but going a couple of days without a shower will obviously grease up your hair. Simply layer some Baby Powder (standard brand, whatever) and it takes care of it. Now, simply grab a towel and rub it around your hair and then the White/Gray of the powder is gone and you have nice hair. As far as I can tell, this really doesn't damage my hair at all! Feel free to try it. Oh, and one more weird thing - this is the Internet and also I really want everyone to be happy - but since I don't shower every day, obviously I WOULD get a stinky crotch and wiping area, but I simply use Baby Powder down there. It takes away the oily and nasty feel. I ONLY use it on my crotch and wiping area maybe 1-2x a week. WASH YOUR HANDS AFTER!!!! ha. Sanitary, sure.

5. If you're worried about the type of Gel/Hairspray you use, again, don't be! You get acne around your hair line because this stuff dries your skin out. I promise (again, at least for me!) the Lavender lotion (morning and night) will take care of it!

6. Enjoy life, my friends.I have the girl of my dreams now :) She is a Barista at a Coffee Shop who I adored from a far for almost 7 months, and luckily enough she was doing the same to me :) I love to read, play music, listen to music, go out with her and friends, college...basically do what you want to do, be where you want to be! I record and write a lot of music (link below if you're interested).

www.myspace.com/chrisbjorn

I consider this website a very safe zone. I have learned SO MUCH from it and I'm so glad Dan started this. It has really saved my life. I love how we can post things to each other and we just want to help everyone out. I help this posting will help someone out there who is desperately searching for peace in their life.

If anyone wants to, please feel free to send a personal message with any questions, or just ask on here. I'll check this often!

Edited by cbjornn

This is a VERY late response, so my apologies. I have now had 3 friends and my twin sister try this. They all cleared up smile.png Again though, everyone is different! I'm still using this regimen and I AM STILL ACNE FREE!!!

I do have to ask, what is "weird" about this? Maybe I'm just used to this and it doesn't appear strange anymore...

Also, I have never tried castor oil so I am not too sure, but I have heard great things about it.

Give it a try wink.png

Edited by cbjornn

Guest Timehealsall

This is a VERY late response, so my apologies. I have now had 3 friends and my twin sister try this. They all cleared up smile.png Again though, everyone is different! I'm still using this regimen and I AM STILL ACNE FREE!!!

I do have to ask, what is "weird" about this? Maybe I'm just used to this and it doesn't appear strange anymore...

Also, I have never tried castor oil so I am not too sure, but I have heard great things about it.

Give it a try wink.png

what do you think about using polysporin on pimples or popped pimples?

Also, What type of water filters do you use, and where did you purchase them?

Hi Cbjornn,

Great to hear your skin has improved greatly!! smile.png Your protocol is very sensible. I can understand why your skin has cleared. The only thing that concerns me is the baby powder. That's because it's toxic. I wonder if there's an all natural, non-toxic dry shampoo alternative? Maybe rice powder or rice flour??

Btw, 100% organic lavender oil is fantastic...I use it as a spot treatment too.

Thanks for sharing your insights!

Cheers,

As smile.png

Edited by aquasea