Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Smack'd

Good snacks for acne

are there any store bought snacks that you can eat that wont irritate your acne? Stuff that don't contain soy or any dairy products is my main concern.

I'm on low carb to help my acne so I usually eat veggies (steam in a bag are convenient), nuts (cashews and sunflower seeds, mainly), cheese, and seldomly sweet potato chips.

Minus the cheese. I snack on almonds, sweet potato sticks (they're just sweet potatoes), carrots and hummus (good stuff). The carrots can be substituted with any vegetable really, as can the hummus with peanut butter if you'd like.

All types of fruit are also great snacks.

Raisins are okay, just don't over-do it. They're good with antioxidants but not so much on the sugar deal.

And I'd say no to pretzels. Sometimes I get this organic popcorn made with olive oil. But at the end of the day I don't like to have snacks that come in big bags that I'm gonna wanna eat all of.

Here's a good thread of some ideas:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Foods-Sna...ods+to+snack+on

Sweet potato fries!

Salt, pepper, olive oil, put in oven and voila!

Omg yes. Sweet potato fries are awesome. You get an adequate amount of minerals and vitamins from them, plus they taste slightly sweet so you feel like you're eating a candy snack rather than just a healthy snack. Just eat them in moderation though and you'll be fine.

I eat a lot of bananas.. good or bad?

They break a lot of people out but my guess is that it's probably because they're eating them when they're overly ripe (ideally you should be eating them when they're still sort of green) or eating them in conjunction with a bunch of other fruit which can impact the GL greatly. I say limit it but don't worry about it too much. :)

Just eat one a day, it's really all you need. I eat one after runs/work-outs or before going to sleep.

Edited by Phresh

Any man. Just make sure it's only the seed or nut and nothing else.

With all of this, I suppose, certain people react differently. I feel a lot of people overreact when it comes to the more natural things but there are certain types of "healthy" food that could break you out depending on if you're sensitive or not.

Can you list a few that come to mind?

btw, don't ask about my new display name/avatar. idk wtf was going through my mind..

Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds, cashews, walnuts, pecans, brazil nuts, macadamia nuts.

Another snack I like is just eating plain ol' quinoa by the spoonful.

I have started eating a bowl of porridge for breakfast, and a bowl after dinner at night. This fills me up and keeps me from snacking. :-)

just a question- has anybody on here ever gotten a zit or two from eating strawberries?

Edited by dragonfly21

Could be a sign of fructose malabsorbtion maybe or maybe just coincidental.

I find ice cubes are usually fail-safe. 100% water of course. delicious.

Wow. I might actually try the ice cube thing. lol.

I hope it doesn't mess up my teeth though.

Btw, what do you guys think of this pineapple fast? *Moderator edit - URL removed*

I wanna try it and the webmaster of that site keeps on telling me how it will clear all of my mild acne and even fade away all of my red marks(I have LOTS.)

I'm just scared that when I do do it I'm gunna eat like a bowl of cereal by accident and all the marks will reappear. (If it does work at all, that is.)

Guest pokemonster
I eat a lot of bananas.. good or bad?

They break a lot of people out but my guess is that it's probably because they're eating them when they're overly ripe (ideally you should be eating them when they're still sort of green) or eating them in conjunction with a bunch of other fruit which can impact the GL greatly. I say limit it but don't worry about it too much. :)

hey wait a minute, werent it otherwise, that ripe fruits r better for u than unripe bcz of those protective acids or something bcz of which u shouldnt be eating unripe fruits? :think: or what?

or is it again, just pick less harmful option, but it cant be ideal anywayz?

well bleh, some fruit just cant hurt anyhow imo >_>

dragonfly - Strawberries shouldn't bother you, all berries are great.

Smack'd - Ice cubes would be okay I just wouldn't bite on them (though that does take all the fun out of it). Also, any fast where you eat strictly one type of food just sounds ridiculous to me. I've done "tea fasts" before and it's helped.

Did you read about it though?

lol, they sound ridiculous to you but you've done one before? what's up with that

Tea fasting isn't food though, it's just tea. I wouldn't do a fast where I actually ate one certain solid food for like a week or whatever. Plus I'm too active for that shit.

That's why I asked if you read it. You're supposed to blend/juice the 4-5 pineapples into smoothies and drink nothing but pure pineapple smoothies a day for three days.