Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Smack'd

fish and acne

Is it ok to eat fish? I saw my mom preparing it and all that stuff today, so i need some answers before it's done! also, she was making potatoes as well, some incite on that as well would be appreciated!

Is it ok to eat fish? I saw my mom preparing it and all that stuff today, so i need some answers before it's done! also, she was making potatoes as well, some incite on that as well would be appreciated!

Fish is generally great. What kind is it?

As for potatoes they aren't too shabby, but sweet potatoes are preferred. It really comes down to what else she's adding to them. Just ask her what she used to cook 'em with.

idk what kind of fish, it's boneless and white.. lol. But for the potatoes, she just cut them into wedges and baked them. They're russet potatoes btw.

Yeah forget it.. I'm trying a holistic approach to treat my acne, and I saw that my mom was frying the fish with "100% wesson vegetable oil" and turned it around and saw that the only ingredient it had was "SOYBEAN OIL." lol, i literally laughed because it was like a huge caution sign to me. Anyways, I only ate the potatoes and nothing else(she made rice and some otha crap) and told her I was sick.. lol. Anyways yeah.

Yeah forget it.. I'm trying a holistic approach to treat my acne, and I saw that my mom was frying the fish with "100% wesson vegetable oil" and turned it around and saw that the only ingredient it had was "SOYBEAN OIL." lol, i literally laughed because it was like a huge caution sign to me. Anyways, I only ate the potatoes and nothing else(she made rice and some otha crap) and told her I was sick.. lol. Anyways yeah.

She mighta thrown some of that oil on those potatoes. I really wouldn't worry about it too much. Fish with some soybean oil is not that bad compared to all of the other junk there is. Granted I wouldn't cook with it myself though.

You should just tell her what foods you're trying to avoid and such. I don't see why she wouldn't help cater to that.

DAMN MAYN!!! i was just about to heat up some FIsh that this INdian Lady that my mom works with gave her....

she cooked it wirth onions and tomotoes and lots of spices my mom said, but i know nothing about the oil and if it's fried or not>>>

this thread might be a SIGN tho.

DAMN MAYN!!! i was just about to heat up some FIsh that this INdian Lady that my mom works with gave her....

she cooked it wirth onions and tomotoes and lots of spices my mom said, but i know nothing about the oil and if it's fried or not>>>

this thread might be a SIGN tho.

If it's fried fish it's trash. If it was just cooked in a little oil it won't do much harm, don't stress it.

anyone know about pros and cons of the following or which one would be BEST in regards to acne and inflammation.

Swai Fillets > previously frozen* farm raised *NV 82

all natural alaskan cod fillets *NV 81

ahi tuna steaks *NV 82

premium fresh "farm raised" salmon fillets *NV 87

swordfish steaks * previously frozen *NV 81

mahi mahi fillets *Wild previously frozen * NV 82

NV = Nutritional Value as indicated by Price Chopper in their weekly ads.

anyone know about pros and cons of the following or which one would be BEST in regards to acne and inflammation.

Swai Fillets > previously frozen* farm raised *NV 82

all natural alaskan cod fillets *NV 81

ahi tuna steaks *NV 82

premium fresh "farm raised" salmon fillets *NV 87

swordfish steaks * previously frozen *NV 81

mahi mahi fillets *Wild previously frozen * NV 82

NV = Nutritional Value as indicated by Price Chopper in their weekly ads.

The cod would be the best. Avoid farm raised fish.

The mahi mahi would probably be in 2nd place, only because it's a bit high up on the food chain and more likely to accumulate mercury. It's totally fine to have once in a while though and don't let that discourage you.

You should educate your mama on the negatives of soy products. Then get her to switch to extra virgin coconut oil for ANYTHING she cooks. Very few other oils should ever be heated. Soybean oil is absolute trash and it goes far beyond acne. She's also is hurting her health with that stuff.

But oil issues aside, plain fish that isn't breaded is a good food.