Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Holly137

Has anyones acne never returned after taking Tetralysal?

So I started taking Tetralysal/lymecycline 3 days ago and I've read pretty much every comment on this thread hoping to find a true success story. Is there anyone out there that took Tetralysal/lymecycline which cleared their acne, and it never came back, after years etc? I have no idea if it's even going to work for my acne yet seeing as 3 days is nothing, but if it does, I'm gonna be constantly waiting and worrying that it will return after I stop taking it?

So I started taking Tetralysal/lymecycline 3 days ago and I've read pretty much every comment on this thread hoping to find a true success story. Is there anyone out there that took Tetralysal/lymecycline which cleared their acne, and it never came back, after years etc? I have no idea if it's even going to work for my acne yet seeing as 3 days is nothing, but if it does, I'm gonna be constantly waiting and worrying that it will return after I stop taking it?

Hi. Well I've been taking Tetralysal 300mg for 2 months so far and it has been the best thing that has ever happened to me!! No side effects and fabulous skin!! :)

I started suffereing with adult acne a few years ago at the age of 30 and back then I was prescribed various creams and lotions which sometimes bought some relief. After a while of prescription creams I gave up on them as they seemed a waste of time and money and I tried all the natural stuff-tea tree oil,witch hazel,etc. Nothing really helped :cry:

A couple of months ago I got really down about my skin. Although the acne had always been on my chin it started spreading up around my mouth too and my lower face just seemed a huge,throbbing,scarred eye-sore!! :( So, off to the doctors again!! This time he gave me these tablets and within a week I noticed a HUGE difference in my skin. 2 months on and I can honestly say that I have not had a single outburst on my chin since and the scarring has virtually gone!! :) However, like you I am very worried about what will happen when I finish the course at the end of June :| Most people seem to say that the acne returns.

My skincare regime consisits of: washing face in morning with gentle exfoliating wash then using oil free moisturiser. Using minimal oil control pressed powder. I am constantly blotting my skin during the day as it can get quite oily. Then at night I wash again with the exfoliating wash and use more oil free moisturiser. I go on a sunbed a couple of times a week as I have read before that this can help but I'm sure it won't help with the wrinkles long term!!

As I migraine sufferer and health freak my diet is very good. Loads of fresh veg,fish and meat and plenty of water and exercise. At the moment my skin is the best it has EVER been but I am dreading stopping the tablets!! Especially as I have Weddings,parties and a holiday over the next few months and would hate "my old skin" back for all that :( Let me know how your getting on and I will keep you updated on what happens in 4 weeks!!! xx

Edited by Darey

Hello

I wish this post could be more positive but here is my experience.

I started getting adult acne at the age of 25. My acne was mild 70% of the time and moderate the rest. I went to the Dr. and he prescribed me Tetralysal 300. That was just over 2 years ago now. I took my last pill yesterday, i do have a repeat prescription but i also have a derms appointment in a week and want to be off them before i go.

Below is my experience of the time taking the anti's

0 - 2 months Gradual Improvement

3 - 9 months Very Mild Acne - Never 100% clear but manageable

10 - 20 months Mild acne progressing back to where i am now which is how it was when i started the pills. Looking back i believe i have built up a resistence to them.

In summary these worked for a short period but then stopped. Not really sure why there being used as a treatment. As acne in most cases isn't a short term issue.

I'm got a derms appointment on Monday and hoping for a more long term treatment.

Hope this helps.

If you've got any question feel free to ask.

Hiya, just an update on my experience:

I finished my 2 month course so back to the doctors I went. There was no change in my skin whatsoever. Around the month mark, my skin looked like it was beginning to clear, and then I had a breakout just after my period, and I expected it to get back to how it was the week before but it didn't, it just stayed like that until I finished the tetralysal. I expected the doctor to prescribe me some more and encourage me to persevere but he didn't, he saw that there was no change so just put me on erythromycin (another antibiotic) and Dianette (birth control pill). I'm not sure if this was just because he doesn't care and is just chucking a bunch of drugs at me to make me feel like he's doing his job, or because he knew there should have been some improvement by then. I'm really worried about the Dianette, I've had bad experiences with birth control pills in the past and there are heaps of side effects for this one. The scariest one being weight gain. But everyone reacts differently I suppose so we'll see how it goes.

I hope you guys haven't relapsed/have found something that works :) Keep me updated.