Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OnTheSpot

Wow, month 3 is killing me

After a 3 week breakout stage initially, I have had hardly any spots and the scars are healing nicely.

Now however I hit month 3 (60mg a day) it is starting to bite big time. Don't get me wrong I love not having spots but my lips split around the edge and are very red and clown like, with a chellitis type ring around them. They are really burning and swollen.

Also the hair is thinning quiet a lot. My hair looks long and unkept but look closer and its thin.

Also the skin is really drying out on my face (I look like the snowman some mornings!) and hand rashes.

All in all though if the lips settled down to half what they are now I would be delighted with the results thus far.

Anybody else have similar problems that kicked in at the same sort of time?

After a 3 week breakout stage initially, I have had hardly any spots and the scars are healing nicely.

Now however I hit month 3 (60mg a day) it is starting to bite big time. Don't get me wrong I love not having spots but my lips split around the edge and are very red and clown like, with a chellitis type ring around them. They are really burning and swollen.

Also the hair is thinning quiet a lot. My hair looks long and unkept but look closer and its thin.

Also the skin is really drying out on my face (I look like the snowman some mornings!) and hand rashes.

All in all though if the lips settled down to half what they are now I would be delighted with the results thus far.

Anybody else have similar problems that kicked in at the same sort of time?

Sounds like your lips may be infected. See a doctor, who will probably prescribe you an oral antibiotic with or without hydrocortisone cream.

Try over the counter hydrocortisone cream for you hand rashes. Failing that, your doctor will prescribe a prescription strength steroid cream such as betametasone/celestone.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Mucocutaneou...nt.-a0218606445

Edited by jimmy188