Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I would say is acne, the irritation of topical medication, and some allegery.

It had been there for five years, and just wouldn't go away by time.

It's somewhat shocking that you don't know for sure what caused it. I couldn't possibly offer any advice about what to do, sorry. If it was me, I would see a plastic surgeon and get a 2nd opinion from a derm and/or GP.

Until you decide what to do, Dermablend is a very good product that would cover it up. You can order a sample kit with lots of different colors from http://www.skinstore.com/store/product.asp...ID=0&prodID=824

It's free and if I recall, the shipping was 6 US dollars. Regardless of what you decide, I wish you the best of luck!

well, i have a red mark that has been around for quite a few years. The doctor has decided to use the vbeam laser on it

what laser are you planning on using?

How about asking about intense pulsed light? I'm sure it would fade it. It's supposed to go after red and brown pigment, so it should, in theory, work on the whole blotch. It works best on white skin though. Are you Asian? I've heard of it burning Asian skin quite severely.

My derm recommended a laser for red marks, but they scare me because they can completely take the pigment right out of the area. They'll do a patch test first.

It doesn't look bad though. You're lucky that it's in an area (under your jaw) that won't really affect your facial looks. I would just think you fell off your bike and scraped your neck a bit.

IPL I guess is the laser that I will be using.

is my case hard to treat?

coz I had been seeing like 4 derms already, they either said it will go away by time or prescribed me some creme. Anyway, now the derm suggests me to do laser.

Yes, I am Asian. I heard that IPL needs to be performed several times before it is going to work.

My derm said that the side effect of uneven pigmented caused by laser only happens rarely.

And my skin is very white for an asian, so I hope this helps.

I don't know why, I only have severe acne on that spot, and the rest of my skin is fine. Is my case kind of odd?

I wish I could answer all your questions, but I can't.

I would say after 5 years, you've waited long enough, and should cautiously take action of your own.

You get pimples on just this one patch of hyperpigmented skin? It sounds like it is still active whatever is causing it. I wonder if it's a skin condition these dermatologists have missed.

I've had my red marks diagnosed as rosacea, acne scars, seborrheic dermatitis, keratosis pilaris, and one "i don't know," so I can relate to you. I've seen 5 derms.

It sounds like you've given it some thought and think IPL is a good option for you. I think it is hopeful. Don't get discouraged if it takes more than once. That's normal. Let us know how it goes.

I don't see why your case would be particularly hard to treat. There are some port wine stains that look far nastier than what you have that have been helped a heck of a lot. (If you believe the before and after photos).

Man, i am tired of this red mark, hope laser will completely get rid of it.

Anyway, my red mark is in the jaw area, so is not too visible, so i can live with less than perfect skin.

I am doing IPL for red marks and it is working but you have to be really patient. I had my second treatment a little over 2 weeks ago and only recently can say for sure that it is working. I am having another treatment next week and I will probably need a total of 5 treatments. You have to wait 3 weeks between treatments. At first I thought it wasn't doing anything but this week I started to finally see that the redness is faded a little.

Where is your red mark, is it a a small spot all over the face, or is it like mine a whole patch in just one spot.

I guess my case is kindof odd

I have two large patches and a couple smaller marks also. My case is a lotl like yours. My acne was severe but confined to a relatively small area.

I just had IPL laser today, the area now looks pink.

Derm said it will take at least 2 treatments to see improvement, and it takes a total of about 5 treatments for final result

It is $95 Cdn per treatment, I got it at Vancouver.

My spot is pigmented, so the derm uses IPL for treatment.

My area actually hasn't change much since the first treatment, I guess the laser was very mild just for sampling/testing purpose.

The result should be more noticeable after the 2nd treatment.

I had my third IPL treatment today. I saw a sight improvement after the first two but this time they did the treatment at a higher intensity so I am hoping the improvement will be more substatial. The treatment was pretty painful at the higer setting and right now my skin is very irritated and swolen in a few spots. They said it should go back to "normal" in a day or two. I hope that the irritation is a good sign that I will get better results.

It is $95 Cdn per treatment, I got it at Vancouver.

My spot is pigmented, so the derm uses IPL for treatment.

My area actually hasn't change much since the first treatment, I guess the laser was very mild just for sampling/testing purpose.

The result should be more noticeable after the 2nd treatment.

I just had IPL laser today, the area now looks pink.

Derm said it will take at least 2 treatments to see improvement, and it takes a total of about 5 treatments for final result

Ooh, I know of her.. Hmm, if she isn't covered by MSP, do you have to pay just to see her? Like, no treatment but just getting a prescription or something like that. And $95/treatment eh.. Doesn't she charge by per flash? I think Dr. Cheung charges $15/flash and it's about.. maybe 3 cm X 5 cm rectangle.. and that's frigging small. tongue.gif But anyhoo, I hope the treatments go well for you bb_icon_mrgreen.gif

Ooh, I know of her.. Hmm, if she isn't covered by MSP, do you have to pay just to see her? Like, no treatment but just getting a prescription or something like that. And $95/treatment eh.. Doesn't she charge by per flash? I think Dr. Cheung charges $15/flash and it's about.. maybe 3 cm X 5 cm rectangle.. and that's frigging small. tongue.gif But anyhoo, I hope the treatments go well for you bb_icon_mrgreen.gif