Notifications
Clear all

For anyone who has sisters or brothers with beautiful skin and feels really really jealous 🙁

MemberMember
(@please-let-it-work)

Posted : 04/10/2011 4:47 am

ok so i thought i'd open a topic about this because right now im sat in bed really sad about my face, and my sister is getting ready for the gym with no makeup, a flawless complexion and shes so happy. I have always felt like the ugly duckling. I wish I looked like her. She scrapes her hair back and still looks beautiful.

really gets you down :( how do i deserve to have acne??

xx

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/10/2011 5:41 am

genetics r fucking bitch is undeniable fact, well i dont have brothers n sisters but i have few cousins.. n they soo fat (eat puure junk all the time!) and anoying (hate them! ugh) n they dont give a damn about no diets, no nothing ever and guess what? flawless skin :| there just is no justice in this world i wish i could just pwn them all if only not this bitch of a face

try not to hate yo sis for that flawless skin tho, its not her fault she has it awasome n u not afterall, just dont let her get cocky bcz of it either ykno ;)

MemberMember
(@colostomus)

Posted : 04/10/2011 11:08 am

i know that feeling, my parents; gorgeous; older brother, freaking model!!, sister, beautiful and the single sweetest person i know, then me, ive lost count of the number of people whove said 'at least ur smart..'

MemberMember
(@kat24385yahoo-com)

Posted : 04/10/2011 3:33 pm

I know!!! So frustrating! My sister - beautiful flawless skin, mom - gorgeous skin, dad - same... I just don't get it :/ I'm soooo glad none of them had to deal with it but they don't understand why the F it gets me so down.

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 04/10/2011 8:29 pm

I've wondered this all the time. Sure my mom had acne but her skin still looks flawless. Dad is gorgeous and plump. Sisters have semi-acne/acne scaring but nothing like mine. 😉

MemberMember
(@lolo83)

Posted : 04/11/2011 12:41 pm

Totally get what you mean- my younger sister has perfect swarthy skin compared to my fair, acne prone skin.

To be fair, I am faaaaar smarter than her but I'd gladly swap places!!!

MemberMember
(@geeking)

Posted : 04/11/2011 12:49 pm

i know that feeling, my parents; gorgeous; older brother, freaking model!!, sister, beautiful and the single sweetest person i know, then me, ive lost count of the number of people whove said 'at least ur smart..'

Gosh, I literally said OUCH out loud.

MemberMember
(@teapot33)

Posted : 04/11/2011 1:13 pm

I know how you feel. My older sister and brother have perfect skin. My sister hardly ever wears make up! And my 15 year old brother started to get really bad blackheads and I thought 'yay i'm not the only one' and his clear up really quick and he has realy good skin!

I always get really down when my sister comes home because she's like 'look at me and my perfect life!' but with my brothers I can walk around without make up on not care. Guess I am jelous of her but sisters will always be jelous of eachother in some way won't they?

MemberMember
(@chensg)

Posted : 04/12/2011 12:36 pm

i can definitely relate to that. i am the only member of my family who is suffering from acne. well my cousin and sister had some but its nthin serious. many times i often wonder why i was picked to be the one who have all this problem and not someone else, and i came to the conclusion that perhaps God dotes on me more and wants to make me into somebody stronger mentally. well, hopefully tmr that will end because i shld be going on accutane then!

wish me luck~

MemberMember
(@vas_chic619yahoo-com)

Posted : 04/12/2011 1:31 pm

sigh i can relate also. i have 5 siblings , they all grew out of their acne. my younger sister had bad acne, and her lifestyle became partying, not caring about her eating at all , drugs, drinkin, sleepin at ppls houses without washin her face forever, and her acne cleared up. my older sister had acne, and then it went away COMPLETELY when she got prego, and she doesnt even have any scars or anything. she has dewy clear skin. all 3 of my bros grew out of their acne by like 18 or 19. im 21 and still suffer from it, and have some scars :( so even if i ever do grow out of acne (which i HOPE i do) ill always feel i have to cover my scars with makeup=/

MemberMember
(@acneslayer)

Posted : 04/12/2011 2:24 pm

It's the opposite for me. My brother's acne is far worse than mine, and I just feel so horrible for him. I love my brother and his acne is not only ugly, but itchy and painful a lot of the time. I kinda feel guilty that my skin has cleared up so much.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/12/2011 3:27 pm

I used to be jealous of my brother's perfect skin a lot. He got all the hot girls and all the cool friends. I was jealous of him so much so that I stopped talking to him all together for a few years. Then he died one day in a tragedy that nobody could have seen coming. I wasn't talking to him at the time. He probably thought I hated him, but I was just so jealous. What a stupid thing that I will regret for the rest of my life (not talking to him because I was jealous of him).

Btw, i'm not some troll, this is actually true. Cherish your brothers/sisters. It's not a competition.

MemberMember
(@mrjarjarbinks77)

Posted : 04/13/2011 7:25 pm

ok so i thought i'd open a topic about this because right now im sat in bed really sad about my face, and my sister is getting ready for the gym with no makeup, a flawless complexion and shes so happy. I have always felt like the ugly duckling. I wish I looked like her. She scrapes her hair back and still looks beautiful.

really gets you down :( how do i deserve to have acne??

xx

If that is you in the display pic, your actually really pretty. You just need to work on confidence and self esteem. Deal with acne before scarring happens or any new ones. I feel the same when I see people eating crappy foods and shoveling themselves full of pizza yet, they have clear skin. It is frustrating when you eat salads only to deal with this. Continue to live. It will pass eventually.

MemberMember
(@roisin75)

Posted : 04/14/2011 5:27 pm

My sister has mild rosacea and has agonised about her skin for years, (she is also stunningly beautiful). She was always really envious of my (then) perfect skin and I was always really dismissive of her worries. Now I have moderate acne age 35 and have never been more depressed/obsessive. Guess who is giving me all the support? Only now do I understand how she felt.

MemberMember
(@mrjarjarbinks77)

Posted : 04/14/2011 9:40 pm

My sister has mild rosacea and has agonised about her skin for years, (she is also stunningly beautiful). She was always really envious of my (then) perfect skin and I was always really dismissive of her worries. Now I have moderate acne age 35 and have never been more depressed/obsessive. Guess who is giving me all the support? Only now do I understand how she felt.

Its tough. My bro bragged about being good looking and I felt more insecure. I know if he knew how I felt he would not have taken that shot at me but it still sucks. Again, trying to work on my self esteem.

MemberMember
(@masg)

Posted : 04/15/2011 3:56 am

My bro is always saying how good looking he is, he goes to my mum "you only need good looks" and my mum says "there are more important things" and he says "like what haha".

MemberMember
(@fullmetalshortone)

Posted : 04/20/2011 6:37 pm

I know exactly how you feel. I stare at my sisters smooth clean back in pure envy when she puts on a low cut tank top. Meanwhile, I'm wearing a tshirt to hide my acne. :C It really stinks.

MemberMember
(@special-k)

Posted : 04/22/2011 8:56 am

Four words, my friend...TELL ME ABOUT IT. Seriously. I was just lurking in the corner of my room today being miserable about this. I have three sisters and one brother and I think you know where this is going but I will say it anyway. They all have FLAWLESS skin and I'm not even playing about this. And it's not just the fact that they have flawless skin now. NOOOO. They had flawless skin growing up and through high school and everything. My parents also have wonderful smooth skin.

AND THEN THERE'S ME.

Lucky little ol' me. I have BAD BAD BAD acne. It couldn't be that I have a few pimples in comparison to my family. NOPE. Whomever created me decided to go ALL OUT and give me really horrible acne. I HATE IT. There are six members in my immediate family and I am the only one suffering from this. When we are getting ready to go out to a party, all they have to do is dress nicely and be done. I'm the one who is known for being the slowest one to get ready and it's because I have to cover up this ugly acne somehow and they just don't understand!!

There is no way that I can express how unfair it is to me. None. What makes me different from them? WHY ME? Why couldn't I just be like them? I don't understand. I feel like screaming and kicking and crying and IT'S JUST NOT FAIR. I hate you, Acne. Why can't you just die already?

MemberMember
(@bonbonique)

Posted : 04/22/2011 9:19 am

Thank God I don't feel very left out in my family, my sister who's 25 and I'm 23 we both suffered from acne from a young age. Now we're both left with acne scarring the pitted type. So yah at least we understand each other she knows what I'm goin through right now. We tend to complain to each other. The thing is, my sister is very confident her scarring doesn't bother her a lot. Of course she hates having scars but that won't stop he from having a normal life. She's very outgoing has many friends etc I wish I was like her :( I think she outgrew her acne or something coz she doesn't get pimples anymore. So now she's solely focusing on treating her scars. I, on the other hand, have a long way to go. My acne is still not under control and I obviously hate hate hate my scarring. My parents suffered from acne long ago but now they both have gorgeous plumb skin and apparently , their scars have faded with time.

My eldest brother who's around 30, had mild acne long ago. He has very mild scarring more like tiny scarred pores or something. But overall, his skin is good. My youngest sister (15) has the most gorgeous flawless skin ever. I don't want her to use makeup cause makeup is what caused me and my other sister to break out. Oh my sister in law has mild acne scarring too, and her sister has moderate rolling scars. My family is very understanding when it comes to acne and scarring. They're extremely supportive and I thank god for that. The only family members I'm jealous of are my youngest sis and my mom, coz their skin is really beautiful. True I'm jealous, but not to the extent that I'd envy them.

MemberMember
(@betsy91)

Posted : 07/08/2011 2:34 pm

I feel the EXACT same way! My sister has FLAWLESS skin! I hate that she can wake up and just be so naturally beautiful! She's just so pretty and I can be pretty too, but only when I wear makeup. I hardly go to the gym anymore because I have to wear makeup, but she can just up and go. The worst part is that I work sooooo hard to eat healthy and she eats so much junk food! She hardly drinks water and she parties all the time, drinking so much alcohol! I don't understand why I'm the one having to be dealing with this. I hate when she brings up my acne, even when it's positive. At night sometimes I get so angry that her face is flawless. So so angry! I also have a sense of resentment because I hate when guys I'm talking to mention how pretty she is. My last ex boyfriend one time checked her out when she passed by..... that broke my heart so much, but thank God that relationship is over

MemberMember
(@maimy)

Posted : 07/08/2011 3:35 pm

My twin brother has beautiful skin, bordering on flawless. I will refuse to stand next to him, because it's just downright embarrassing. Genetics are so messed up.

MemberMember
(@sanderella24)

Posted : 07/08/2011 3:38 pm

Ugh. Don't even get me started.

MemberMember
(@kelso57)

Posted : 07/09/2011 4:24 pm

my brother is a year younger than me and has flawless skin lol. if you look real close he seems to have some tiny bumps but they never break out into zits or anything so its pretty clear

my sister is 5 years younger and she has clear skin as well but who knows i didnt get acne at her age either.

worst part is that my family is italian so they are both going outside in the sun getting nice easy tans while im inside because of accutane and cant enjoy the sun as much

MemberMember
(@shayrobbie)

Posted : 08/05/2011 7:00 am

My older brother used to make fun of me all the time when my acne was at it's worst and his was flawless. I used to get so many insults from him when we were arguing. One time I tried to snatch the TV remote from him and he said "Go away you ugly, spotty thing" that one really hurt. But guess what now his face is covered with acne, KARMAS A BITCH!!!

MemberMember
(@monica123)

Posted : 08/19/2011 12:38 am

My older brother used to make fun of me all the time when my acne was at it's worst and his was flawless. I used to get so many insults from him when we were arguing. One time I tried to snatch the TV remote from him and he said "Go away you ugly, spotty thing" that one really hurt. But guess what now his face is covered with acne, KARMAS A BITCH!!!

that's the worse when siblings use your acne as an insult in arguements! :P

but yeah, my brother's face is really clear, but mine is moderate/severe acne. he would always make fun of me but now HE has really bad acne/scarring all over his back! haha now i know why he never wanted to take his shirt off at the beach