Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pisces_Sweetheart

Struggling with Hormonal Acne

I've been struggling with hormonal acne for awhile but over the last year it has seemed to have gotten worse. I have a disorder called PMDD that is caused by a hormone imbalance. My skin is nice until I begin to pms and then I break out all over. Once my period is gone, my acne seems to clear up a lot quicker. Finding products that work for me has been a struggle because my skin is so sensitive. Currently, I use Paula's Choice and I've been happy with my results but like other products I've tried, nothing has ever been strong enough to stop my hormonal breakouts. I'm starting a new pill soon my ob prescribed to help manage my PMDD called, Seasonique. I'm hoping that because I'll only have a few periods a year maybe my acne will stop since I won't have monthly pms.

Does anyone have any advice for me on handling hormonal acne? Maybe medicines, products, or procedures I can try? It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

The right treatments for hormonal acne really depend on the person. I'd talk to an endocrinologist.