Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bacnefree123

Bacne is ruining my life

Agh!!! I wake up every morning, look in the mirror and everything's fine. Then I look at my back and seriously want to break down and cry. I feel so fuking ugly and nobody understands! I heard two of my friends talking (they have no idea ab my hideous backne) and one made a joke about the other girl's birthmark being a back pimple and her replying "ew that's s gross I don't have bacne!!" I am so self conscious and my life is pratically ruled by my backne :( icant go swimming or wear a tank top and I'm constantly hecking to make sure my shirt hasn't dropped and my back is showing. NO ONE I KNOW HAS BACKNE. They don't know I have it either :(

I need a cure. I can't go on accutane so don't suggest it. I tried the vinegar method and thought it was working, but no. Then I tried H & S and it cleared up fully in a week and then came back worse than ever. I feel like crying and throwing stuff when I see my disgusting back.

Info: I'm a 15 year old girl, very minor and occasional facial acne, moderate backne (mostly on shoulders and upper back) I take omega 3/fish oil vitamins every day, keep conditioner ofmy back, wear clean clothes and use clean sheets.... Etc

The world is out to murder me :( I don't the any of my friends have ever known what this feels like..

It's your back. Surely this isn't anywhere near as bad as facial acne? You can wear clothes over it, I wish I could wear a 'mask' every day.

At least some facial acne is considered normal! A few of my friends have facial acne (one quite severely) and we don't mind but those who even m ow you CAN get pimples on your back the it's so gross! You don't how it feels to constantly have people asking: why are you wearing a jacket, it's so warm out! And: come on, just come swimming!

I'm looking for a cure not a consolation FYI

Have you tried the Acne.org body acne regimen?

I had mild acne on my back & chest. I first tried using just the AHA+ on both areas. It had an immediate effect on my back, almost stopping any new spots in their tracks. It had no effect on my chest though, but I cleared that up by using just BP.

Have a look here:- http://www.acne.org/back-acne.html

Hi, I have the same problem! I'm 13 and an 8th grader right now and I started getting bacne last year! I hated it!! I suddenly couldnt wear all my favorite tank tops, couldnt go swimming unless I was wearing a tshirt over it, I am constantly checking to make sure my shirt isnt going down in the back so no one can see my bacne. I had the horrible habit of picking it last year!! I overcame that though and all it is, is every now and then zits, blackheads, whiteheads and a TON of pimple scars its just UGLY!! I'm waiting for it to go away but it wont!! I'm going to be a freshman cheerleader next year in highschool and when I tried on the uniform I couldnt believe it I shows ALL of my back. Is their anything that anybody can recommend to eliminate my ugly bacne and bacne scars REALLY FAST??

onlyzoe,

I am constantly doing the same as you - checking to make sure my shirt hasn't fallen and is revealing bacne and wearing my hair down to cover it. It sucks so bad :(

I am finally seeing improvement though using a tea tree oil body wash (natural) from JASON cosmetics (under 10 bucks and huge bottle) and lemon juice to tone. I have been exloiating gently with a bath sponge and washing with the body wash (twice per day) for a week and have seen huge improvement and since adding in the lemon juice 3 days ago my back is looking so much bette; my mom even noticed :) It has faded the bit of scarring I had and has helped to kill the active pimples. I also use lemon juice for face pimples and it works well.

I am not fully clear yet, but I am much closer and so much happier. Now the bacne is only on my upper shoulders (not in the middle of my back anymore) and I have no more big pimples, just fading, small pink ones.

I would really recommend you try it and I will keep you posted on further improvement :)

Update:

I'm still using the same body wash and I have seen a huge improvement. Not using lemon juice anymore, not sure if it was really helping or hindering, but I am sticking to the one product and using it consistently. I saw good results, but not perfect.

I have also changed one more factor in eliminating my bacne: shower temperature.

I have always had great personal hygiene but since I get cold very easily I have always taken very very hot showers. Just yesterday while searching forums I found out that hot showers aggravate your skin and could be the cause of my bacne/skin irritation.

Since switching to lukewarm showers (and it has been hard, trust me) I have seen a big difference :)

I shower twice per day, lukewarm water, exfoliate with bath sponge, wash with JASON body wash, rinse.

I am also wearing back exposing tank tops whenevr I'm home and allowing my back to get sun and air exposure. I hope I can clear it up fully (and fade the residual brown marks..) before we get fitted for dance show costumes next week and I have to show my back.

Good luck to others :)

I think I figured it out. FINALLY.

After reading up on bacne and body acne and doing all the research I could, it seemed like evrybody was curing it by exfoliating, and their acne was caused because they couldn't exfoliate/clean their back probably. Also, everyone kept saying how tanning and sunburn (although bad for you) cleared up their bacne every time.

I am not like all of these people. After a month of different treatments, their was always one common factor: I was always exfoliating my back. Today, very frustrated (especially after two tries at tanning which made my back sooo irritated and made the bacne worse) I decided to just wash my back with my hands and my body wash and not use my bath sponge at all. OH MY GOD WHAT A DIFFERENCE. Just an hour later I am seeing a huge difference. Is it possible that all along my "bacne" was just caused by skin irritation? Also, I have recently been forcing myself to take cooler and cooler showers and it seems to be helping as well. I have also noticed that on the days I wear loose shirts made of soft fabrics my bacne looks better than when I wear tighter shirts or anything of a scratchy fabric.

Will continue to give my back the most gentle treatment possible to see if irritation is the cause of my "bacne" (is it even acne I'm now asking myself?)

Also, I got 3 bumps right on the line wear my dance shorts end on each of my rear upper thighs - irritation as well? They get better on the days I don't have dance...

I have tried scrubs & physically exfoliating my skin in the past & it has always made things worse. Although the AHA that I use exfolliates the skin, it is a gentle chemical exfolliant, that doesn't aggravate my skin.

Can you reach all of your back just using your hands? I wish I could LOL. I use a back brush with very soft bristles when cleansing my back, and use the body buddy to apply the AHA.

That's an interesting statement about your dance shorts, as I still tend to get spots along my lower stomach, where the elasticated band of my underpants touch. I can't really see what can be done about that. I've tried wearing looser ones, but then they tend to fall down! :redface:

Good luck with your new regimen. Hope things continue to improve.

Edited by Manticore

I keep saying this, but I feel like I want to tell as many people as I can, because back acne sucks. And yes, dude who thinks we should stop bitching because it's not on our faces, in some ways it's worse, because people think you're disgusting. We're used to seeing acne on people's faces. It's different on your back. If you don't have back acne, did you come to this board to bitch at people who do because we think it's worse than face acne? get serious.

Anyway, you can see my other posts, but try Paula's Choice 2% BHA Weightless Body Lotion. It really works for me, and I've tried everything short of Accutane.

I think there might be something in the cooler showers + less scrubbing you mentioned. I know I've seen people who say they've cured their bacne by using a brush and scrubbing until their skin was red, but I don't know. When I visited Australia for a month in my last year of school, they were having severe water shortages and limited everyone to extremely short showers (short enough that the water wouldn't even reach a properly warm temperature). Plus since I had to shower so fast, I focused on my hair (because I think dirty hair is the most obvious sign of not being clean haha) and scrubbed my body really quickly. My back improved a lot that month. I should try it again ^^

Well I'm still working at it.. and my back is very very slowly improving. I think my bacne is definitely linked to irritation especially as it looks worse on days when I wear a sweater/knit top and better when I wear a loose or soft fabric top. The weird thing is that everyone says sweat clogs pores and makes it worse - but I was sweating at a dance competiton for hours and my bacne looked better afterward??? Could it be caused by dryness? I tried tanning a little and getting sun exposure and it made the bacne so much worse.. my back was red and sore for days. I will see about trying a chemical exfoliant like the Paula's Choice Lotion or AHA+ Unlike my 3 month bout of bacne last year that I cleard up with SA, this is leaving dark marks behind and those are supposed to help fade :( I really want to get my back good enough to wear tank tops this summer. :) It doesn't have to be absolutely perfect, but if I can fade the dark marks some and get rid of the 5 or 6 remaining active pimples I will be so much more confident.

I have this mirror in my house that slightly blurs the look of acne, etc. so it looks a little less pronounced, and my logic is that if my back looks perfect in that mirror then I am fine to show it in public :) Good thing I have loose short sleeved tops and lace tops that are summery to wear until then... just need to find some loose oversized button downs to layer over those tanks..

Yes I can reach 100% of my back with my hands.. I guess bacne has made me more flexible :)

I keep saying this, but I feel like I want to tell as many people as I can, because back acne sucks. And yes, dude who thinks we should stop bitching because it's not on our faces, in some ways it's worse, because people think you're disgusting. We're used to seeing acne on people's faces. It's different on your back. If you don't have back acne, did you come to this board to bitch at people who do because we think it's worse than face acne? get serious.

Anyway, you can see my other posts, but try Paula's Choice 2% BHA Weightless Body Lotion. It really works for me, and I've tried everything short of Accutane.

Maybe it just really annoying for the people who have face acne and bacne...

Yeah all the people with just face ance say "I'd rather have it on my body where i can cover it", But trust me you wouldn't it's alot more emberassing. Atleast face acne is way more common.

...Yes I can reach 100% of my back with my hands.. I guess bacne has made me more flexible :)

Just tried it again myself...almost dislocated my shoulder :lol:

Perhaps if I limbered up for half an hour beforehand!

i got both but id prefer on back then face... if you got a gf/bf i dont think they would like seeing you up-close otherwise lol

I TOTALLY feel you. It is definetely horrible especially since it seems that less people have it but one third of people with facial acne also have body acne. Unfortunately acne is really a matter of genetics but luckily it is also a matter of plain irritation. From your posts your back acne seems to be caused from irritation, rather than dead skin cells clogging pores. I'm the same way actually. I'll tell you a bit about myself personally.

I unfortunately inherited body acne from my dad, most people don't have to try and watch what they do to prevent body acne but I do. They also don't have to feel self conscious wearing tanks, bathing suits, or dresses. But I do. My back acne became a problem when I went to private school and had to wear a uniform requiring a blouse under my sweater made of rough, scratchy material. By the end of the year when it was time for bathing suits and tanks I saw how horrible my back was and I cried my eyes out. I went to the doctor and they gave me a note allowing me to wear a cotton, soft white polo shirts of my own instead of the uniform shirts. I also quit wearing back packs, taking steaming hot showers, and scrubbing my back. This was all causing irritation and my back responded horribly. I went on an antibiotic, took cooler showers, stopped wearing my back pack, made sure I only wore cotton shirts, diligently stuck to a regimen of gently washing my back and applyied tea tree oil and Benzoyl Peroxide spot treatment. Eventually it cleared up and I'm now on the road to having clear back skin. But if I ever wear rough material, scrub my back, wear a back pack, etc. BOOM! My unforgiving back acne is back and I have to patiently treat it.

My advice is first of all don't give up or don't get down on yourself! I know it's hard especially with people who make you feel self conscious, but remember you have the people of acne.org so you're not alone :) I suggest seeing a dermatologist and hopefully getting an antibiotic which really helps as well as continue what you're doing and try to prevent less irritation :) Good luck!

Maybe it just really annoying for the people who have face acne and bacne...

What's really annoying? That she comes here to the body acne forum to talk about how her body acne bothers her? Why does that give anyone the right to tell her she shouldn't be upset? "Suck it up, at least you don't have it on your face"? We don't go to facial acne forums and say, "Suck it up, at least you don't have leprosy." I mean, come on. Be supportive or don't respond, is my point.

Agh!!! I wake up every morning, look in the mirror and everything's fine. Then I look at my back and seriously want to break down and cry. I feel so fuking ugly and nobody understands! I heard two of my friends talking (they have no idea ab my hideous backne) and one made a joke about the other girl's birthmark being a back pimple and her replying "ew that's s gross I don't have bacne!!" I am so self conscious and my life is pratically ruled by my backne :( icant go swimming or wear a tank top and I'm constantly hecking to make sure my shirt hasn't dropped and my back is showing. NO ONE I KNOW HAS BACKNE. They don't know I have it either :(

I need a cure. I can't go on accutane so don't suggest it. I tried the vinegar method and thought it was working, but no. Then I tried H & S and it cleared up fully in a week and then came back worse than ever. I feel like crying and throwing stuff when I see my disgusting back.

Info: I'm a 15 year old girl, very minor and occasional facial acne, moderate backne (mostly on shoulders and upper back) I take omega 3/fish oil vitamins every day, keep conditioner ofmy back, wear clean clothes and use clean sheets.... Etc

The world is out to murder me :( I don't the any of my friends have ever known what this feels like..

Hi, I am an esthetician and I have had success in this area with my clients. The first thing to remember is that there is no overnight cure. The other thing you must remember is that you are going through puberty. A big cause of acne is hormonal. There are something’s you can do to begin the healing of your acne and your self-esteem. (1.) Use sulfate free cleansers, sulfates over strip the skin and thus cause the skin to produce even more sebum (oil) to replace what was lost. The oil helps to create a protective mantel from debris, pollutants, and infections. (2.) Only moisturize areas that need the moisture, if your face/body is not red and tight then no moisture, and if there are areas then add an oil free hydrator with 0.5% - 2.0% salicylic acid. AHA’s are ok but they only help release dead skin cells and this is a problem if you have acne b/c your skin cells are already shedding at a rapid rate and congesting your pores. If you use a product with AHA’s then make sure it doesn’t exceed 3%. (3.) If you can find a cleanser with a high concentration of tea tree essential (2%-5%), this has been shown to be just as effective and less irritating than benzoyl peroxide. Just remember this type of treatment is far less irritating, so that it doesn’t aggravate the skin and cause more acne. (4.) Another thing I have read on this site is about exfoliation. Never use a scrub of any kind on active, pustular acne. This will only create more acne by opening existing acne and spreading the bacteria that causes acne across the skin & it can redeposit into new pores. Also vinegar alone is a great toner/astringent but will not destroy extreme acne. (5.) The last thing is have you ever had your acne diagnosed? Do you suffer from Grade 1, 2, 3, or 4 acne? Grades 3 and 4 are systemic, which means it is internal, and normally these grades of acne suffer from painful pustules and red nodules under the skin. Nodular acne comes to a large painful, red bump with no head and cannot be extracted. Grades three and four can be treated with Clindamycin prescribed by a dermatologist.

I hope some of these answers help and perhaps can point you into a direction to help improve your back acne and self-esteem. Email or post a reply if you have any questions.

...AHA’s are ok but they only help release dead skin cells and this is a problem if you have acne b/c your skin cells are already shedding at a rapid rate and congesting your pores. If you use a product with AHA’s then make sure it doesn’t exceed 3%...

Haven't you just contradicted yourself there, or have I got hold of the wrong end of the stick?

Acne prone skin cells rapidly shed & block pores. Doesn't the AHA release these dead skin cells from the pores & prevent spots forming? That's my understanding anyway.

Also why not exceed 3%? Dan's AHA+ is 10%, & I have seen 20% AHA advertised as being specially made for the skin on your back.

I'm very sorry this is happening to you, especially when the summertime is coming around. Care to explain on how you're H&S worked for you then you broke out again because you weren't consistant with it or what?

Try any BP products for your back? Such as Panoxl 5% and 10% concentrations? I found those to be very beneficial, but i'm not too sure about the status if they are discontinued or not.

What I found to be helping me out was ACV and BP in combination. Hopefully you can find your own regimen that will help you. Keep in mind, even if you get little results, stick with it and you may find happiness in the end.

I know how bad it sucks to have bacne. I had severe acne on my back for several years and I never wanted to take my shirt off.

I started turning to more natural approaches, and they certainly changed my life.

You can get rid of your bacne by making some changes to your diet.

Eat healthy foods like fruits and vegetables.

Switch over to whole grain bread

Drink a lot of water

Stay away from microwavable foods, soda, and greasy foods.

I know how bad it sucks to have bacne. I had severe acne on my back for several years and I never wanted to take my shirt off.

I started turning to more natural approaches, and they certainly changed my life.

You can get rid of your bacne by making some changes to your diet.

Eat healthy foods like fruits and vegetables.

Switch over to whole grain bread

Drink a lot of water

Stay away from microwavable foods, soda, and greasy foods.

Those are some helpful tips from helping the acne from the inside out.

However you cannot soley depend yourself on how you eat. There must be a hygiene involved for the process of clear skin.

So saying "You can get rid of your bacne by so and so" isn't 100%

Sorry, but just saying!

I have visited a discussion topic on myskin.com related to back ance.Here i came to know about back facial.Many Day spa's offer this service. A thorough double cleanse is done to clear the skin allowing your esthetician to analyze the skin on your back through a magnifying lamp. Exfoliation is done with a body brush or a scrub. Depending on the severity of the acne a chemical peel can be done using glycolic acid or another alpha hydroxyl acid. This will help to break up the dead skin cells and slow the production of oil and bacteria which is causing your acne. Finally a back mask will be applied. This will help soothe and calm your skin and depending on the type of mask it will also draw out impurities from your skin. There are many different options and treatments for back acne explore them all :)

Just go through this discussion, hope you find it useful.

http://www.myskin.com/Community/Discussion...ack-acne?page=2

I'm very sorry this is happening to you, especially when the summertime is coming around. Care to explain on how you're H&S worked for you then you broke out again because you weren't consistant with it or what?

Try any BP products for your back? Such as Panoxl 5% and 10% concentrations? I found those to be very beneficial, but i'm not too sure about the status if they are discontinued or not.

What I found to be helping me out was ACV and BP in combination. Hopefully you can find your own regimen that will help you. Keep in mind, even if you get little results, stick with it and you may find happiness in the end.

Panoxyl is not discontinued (: I recently got it at a local Riteaid, and if it's not at any of your local stores you can order it online at drugstore.com.