Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Magggpie

How do you know if a cyst has gone away?

A week ago, a tender, bruised-feeling spot on my chin appeared. It became red during the week, and I could feel a small bump under the skin. Now, it doesn't hurt anymore and I really can't feel anything (maybeeee a tiny bump? but i could just be looking for something..)

anyway, the area is still reddish/purpleish and gets especially so when I rub it. Does this mean the cyst is gone? Or does the redness indicate that it must still be there?

Maybe the red/purple spot is just post inflammatory hyperpigmentation? I've had spots go down and still have a red mark that takes up to a few months to fade afterwards depending on the size of the cyst, but the cyst itself goes. I would stop rubbing it, when I do that it just drives me crazy emotionally.

When my cysts went away, they left scars on my skin that were slightly darker in pigment, but the bumps underneath were completely gone (undetectable). When I washed my face and applied moisturizer I would feel nothing but regular skin.