Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi

I was thinking of starting to use lemon juice by applying it to my face. This is in the hopes of reducing scar redness and uneven skin tones and scaly skin.

Would actual lemon peels or lemon juice in those lemon bottles be better for use?

would using a product such as Realemon be effective?

Anyone else have any experience or other tips with using lemon juice?

Thanks alot

Edited by environment

Lemon juice contains citric acid. Acids like that can cause chemical burns on your face. It is not worth it.

I tried lemon juice and real lemons for skin discolouration and it had no affect on me what so ever. It didn't make me break out, it didn't burn my skin, and nor did it help the discolouration. What doesn't work for one person doesn't mean it won't work for another. Personally I don't think I tried it for long enough, so by all means give it a go. I just wiped it all over my face with a cotton ball after cleansing at night time. Don't do it in the day as it makes your skin more sensitve to sunlight and can give you white patches apparently. I haven't had experiences of this but it's what I found out when researching it for myself.

Lemon juice is a bleaching agent, so it sometimes helps to fade dark marks. I used to use RealLemon lemon juice as kind of a toner, and it was very refreshing, and it did help fade my red marks.

I've used it before, made red blotches worse while it was on my skin, it was mildly irritating. However, a little undiluted lemon juice on a whitehead for a few minutes used to be my saving grace in a pinch, dried it up amazingly fast.

ek. This sounds awful. Today I squeezed some lemon into my water and some juice got on my face... it stung for the entire rest of the night.

Has anyone else tried icing their face with lemon juice?

I squeezed the juice from real lemons, diluted it to 50% with water, and put the juice in my freezer. I just used the ice on my face; it felt pretty strange. I will update if I start seeing any results.

Applying lemon juice is a good one. If it doesnt work try Neem Vegicaps..

Neem Vegicaps are effective in killing the bacteria, which is a cause for Acne. Some studies suggest that Neem is not only treat acne but be soothing for the inflammation. Neem is also good for the skin in general.

cosmeticscounselor.com/lp/acne/

What I mentioned above is working really well for me. I ice my entire face before I go to sleep, leave the juice on all night, and my marks are definitely fading. I might update with pictures next week. I get about 3-4 uses out of a single lemon (which costs $0.75...)

Yes ive only used lemon for 3 days,

i dont dilute it because it loses alot of its potent-ency (Water Neutralizes Acids)

And after these 3 nights i wake up with a slightly more even skin tone.

Plus it reduces pore sizes, clears whiteheads and blackheads.

only after 3 days.

The results arnt drastic but there noticible enough to keep me going.

Ill update yall in 2 weeks because thats when most people claim that the lemon drastically changed their skin

You have to dilute it a lot, and even more so if you're getting lemon juice from concentrate.

I recommend apple cider vinegar more,a 50:50 ratio of ACV to water.

(Water Neutralizes Acids)

No, it doesn't. Bases neutralize acids; water is already neutral/in equilibrium. The lemon juice loses potency because you're lowering its concentration. Diluting the lemon juice keeps it's pH closer to that of your skin, so it's less likely to interfere with your skin's natural function.