Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kingdollah

Nivea Creme

Is it okay for me to use Nivea Creme as a moisturizer for my face after applying BP?

I'm talking about the one that comes in circular blue tins, because that's all I have and I'm too lazy to go out and find another moisturizer.

Here's the list of its ingredients I got from a website:

Parafinnum liquidum (mineral oil), PEG-150, methylparaben, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, simethicone, BHT, parfum, limonene, geraniol, linalool, hydroxycitronellal, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexane carboxaldehyde, citronellol.

Is it okay for me to use Nivea Creme as a moisturizer for my face after applying BP?

I'm talking about the one that comes in circular blue tins, because that's all I have and I'm too lazy to go out and find another moisturizer.

Here's the list of its ingredients I got from a website:

Parafinnum liquidum (mineral oil), PEG-150, methylparaben, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, simethicone, BHT, parfum, limonene, geraniol, linalool, hydroxycitronellal, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexane carboxaldehyde, citronellol.

For anyone else that isn't acne-prone, I guess it wouldn't be that big of a deal. But, you got yourself some carcinogenic and potentially irritating parabens, some mineral oil (which, due to it's molecular size, sits on top of the skin and does not penetrate; this can be really bad as it doesn't allow the skin to breathe), and parfum I know should never be in skincare products, because fragrance is always a potential irritant. This moisturizer doesn't look too great, I mean honestly I wouldn't wear it. If you're too lazy to go out and buy a moisturizer, lol, maybe order one online. My attempt at a joke, hehehehehe.... :mellow: