Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Isaac Lee

Lugols Iodine (iodine supplement) questions

So, I have recieve some Lugols Iodine 5%. (JCROWS version)

Anyway, I just wanted to know how I should start supplementing with it.

I know that I should start off slow, but how does one start slow when regular doses are 1 drop.

Also, when is it best to take it? and with what should I take it with?

How often should I be taking doses, and should I start reducing after a while?

Yes, I am not allergic to iodine and I most likely am defecient in it.

Also, should I start drinking ro water. because I know that fluoride and iodide compete against each other, and fluoride basically has no benefit to the body and rather does harm.

Just some general questions I want to ask some of you guys.

Also, what is the wolff Chaikoff effect and what does it have to do with iodine?

Thanks.

-Isaac-

Edited by Isaac Lee

I know that I should start off slow, but how does one start slow when regular doses are 1 drop.

Also, should I start drinking ro water. because I know that fluoride and iodide compete against each other, and fluoride basically has no benefit to the body and rather does harm.

Also, what is the wolff Chaikoff effect and what does it have to do with iodine?

Thanks.

-Isaac-

Hi Isaac, from my experience I would say that one drop is a low dose and a good place to start, and I can't really see how you would start any lower than this. The best thing to do is take with filtered water and monitor your reaction - if you get a headache, fatigue and general malaise then stick at that does for a while and also consider doing salt flushes that help to push the bromide that is being detoxed out of your system. If you don't get any obvious symptoms, then ramp the dose up to two drops, and so on until you reach a point where you are getting obvious symptoms of bromide detox. Stay at that level for a while until you are symptom free and then move it up again.

I took it up to about 50 mg iodine (about 16 drops) at the maximum of my supplementation program, and kept this going for a few weeks until I decided I wasn't really detoxing that much any more.

Best time to do it is prob in the morning or middle of the day as I found that the iodine gave me lots of energy the more I did it, especially as bromide started to detox from my system. There is also an issue with bad dreams and depressive dark thoughts during the initial stages of bromide detox....can't really remember all of it as it is such a long time ago that I did it now. These days I stick at 4 drops of lugols every day to every other day, depending on how I am feeling, as a maintenance dose.

Re. the fluoride in the water, do you live in a fluoridated water area? If so maybe bottled water would be the way to go, although I am sure that the amount of iodine in one drop of lugols would outdo the levels of added fluoride as they only add fluroride in ppm's I think...

Re. Wolff Chaikoff, I can't help you with this one but there are people at the curezone iodine supplementation forum who are much more knowlegable than me who would be able to answer your question...

The best advice I can give is read everything you can get your hands on about other people's experiences, and also pay close attention to how your body is responding.

Good luck!

Thanks.

-Isaac-

Hi Isaac, from my experience I would say that one drop is a low dose and a good place to start, and I can't really see how you would start any lower than this. The best thing to do is take with filtered water and monitor your reaction - if you get a headache, fatigue and general malaise then stick at that does for a while and also consider doing salt flushes that help to push the bromide that is being detoxed out of your system. If you don't get any obvious symptoms, then ramp the dose up to two drops, and so on until you reach a point where you are getting obvious symptoms of bromide detox. Stay at that level for a while until you are symptom free and then move it up again.

I took it up to about 50 mg iodine (about 16 drops) at the maximum of my supplementation program, and kept this going for a few weeks until I decided I wasn't really detoxing that much any more.

Best time to do it is prob in the morning or middle of the day as I found that the iodine gave me lots of energy the more I did it, especially as bromide started to detox from my system. There is also an issue with bad dreams and depressive dark thoughts during the initial stages of bromide detox....can't really remember all of it as it is such a long time ago that I did it now. These days I stick at 4 drops of lugols every day to every other day, depending on how I am feeling, as a maintenance dose.

Re. the fluoride in the water, do you live in a fluoridated water area? If so maybe bottled water would be the way to go, although I am sure that the amount of iodine in one drop of lugols would outdo the levels of added fluoride as they only add fluroride in ppm's I think...

Re. Wolff Chaikoff, I can't help you with this one but there are people at the curezone iodine supplementation forum who are much more knowlegable than me who would be able to answer your question...

The best advice I can give is read everything you can get your hands on about other people's experiences, and also pay close attention to how your body is responding.

Good luck!

Okay, yah, im probably going to get a RO filter. Not only for the iodine but to avoid fluoride in the future.

What are some improvements and benefits you saw? and did it help with your acne? Also, did you have a initial breakout?

Lastly, you are using 5% right?

Thanks, and sorry for all the questions. And yah, im going to look into Wolff Chaikoff.

-Isaac-

Edited by Isaac Lee