Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
helpchicken

Organically produced honey same as organic?

hey guys i'm about to try using honey on my face as a cleanser/aspirin+honey mask and wanted to know if organically produced honey was the same as organic honey? I know your supposed to used pure, raw, organic honey, and this honey i bought is pure, raw, local, and organically produced. Is it safe to use on my face? is it the same as organic? let me know, thanks

There isn't too much they can add into honey anyway, even if it's not organic. I mean, I don't think they're using growth hormones or Posilac on bees to get them to produce more honey. <_<

The honey you got sounds great, stop worrying about it.

you want local honey, you have the right stuff. Just to clarify though, the bee keepers are telling you they don't fumigate their hives or introduce pesticides/herbicides to their own lands. The bees however, will do what they will. They could be harvesting pollen from any flower/tree/etc., which may or may not be organic. For this reason only honey from pristine areas (i.e. the amazon) larger than the bee's territory may be labeled as 'organic.'

There isn't too much they can add into honey anyway, even if it's not organic. I mean, I don't think they're using growth hormones or Posilac on bees to get them to produce more honey. <_<

The honey you got sounds great, stop worrying about it.

They can't add to it as such, but they can use dangerous antibiotics in the production to prevent the bees from contracting dieseases, and many non-oraganic brands have been found to contain very high leves of these antiobiotics, further contibuting to the now global problem of antiobiotic resistance.

Your local organic honey sounds great though, and perhaps if there is a way to ask the producer if they use antibi's at any point if the production of their honey, your mind could be put at rest, as their organic status may only apply to the use of herbicies and pesticides in the local env, and fungicides and pesticides in the hive itself.

Guys, you're overthinking this acne thing. Your logic is bordering on orthorexia, not caution.

All of you are going to have really unhealthy relationships with healthy foods if you nitpick at every single little possibility that might break you out. What ever happened to living life and enjoying good food? :confused:

?

I don't think anyone questioned whether they would break out from the honey, just what exactly the label meant.

and othorexia is, for the most part, a fucking joke. It's a handy little tool to dismiss the the shit we serve and call 'food.'