Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gerb00

Fraxel for Sever Acne

post-148620-1302377962_thumb.jpgpost-148620-1302371710_thumb.jpgpost-148620-1302371688_thumb.jpg

Also want to give you a blog address if you would like to sign up to follow my journey. I will continuously upload my photos:

*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

Hi everyone. I have two pics posted. One is a pic of me before showing my acne scarring and the other pic was taken this morning, day one after having procedure late yesterday afternoon. The first one is this afternoon (24 hours after fraxel).

I have always had horrible skin and now have severe acne scarring. As I age (now 50 years old) and am getting lines and wrinkles, the scarring is bothering me so much more than in the past.

I did a lot of research on the Fraxel laser treatments and chose a highly recommended Fraxel Certified Dermetologist.

My first of five treatments was yesterday afternoon.

The doctor kicked it in high gear for my scarring. Put the level only 5% lower than the highest setting. I have a low tolerance for pain and I can say the procedure was pretty uncomfortable, but tolerable. Afterwards for 2 to 3 hours was very painful. I felt like my skin was on fire. Burned like hell.

After that it calmed down and I had no pain.

I woke up this morning feeling like something was stuck under my right eye. Yup...it was swelling. My right eye is swollen a lot and the left one swollen but not as badly.

She prescribed a cream to put on it and I applied it after I got up and it helped reduce the swelling. My face is very, very red but I am not hurting. Don't think I'll be scouting around town this weekend, but it is not as bad as some pictures I've seen.

So far, so good and very excited to be finally doing something about my scars.

Again, I will upload pics later on today.

Stay tuned...

post-148620-1302371688_thumb.jpg

post-148620-1302371710_thumb.jpg

post-148620-1302377962_thumb.jpg

Edited by c'est la vigne

I wanted to invite anyone who would like to follow my blog regarding Fraxel Laser Treatments:

I am including photos of the journey.

Signed,

Donna

Severe acne scarring is reason for the fraxel treatment. :)

I had Fraxel done yesterday. You can join my blog if you'd like. I am posting photos daily.

Edited by c'est la vigne

I wanted to invite anyone who would like to follow my blog regarding Fraxel Laser Treatments:

Signed,

Donna

I wish you luck. I am considering fraxel treatment. Please be careful and make sure they have extensive experience before performing this on you.

You're pretty! Love your eyes. :) I hope I look as good as you do at 50!

Good luck, and thanks for posting this! I think my scarring is worse than yours is...I have a darker skin tone, so I'm not sure if Repair is best for me.

You're pretty! Love your eyes. :) I hope I look as good as you do at 50!

Good luck, and thanks for posting this! I think my scarring is worse than yours is...I have a darker skin tone, so I'm not sure if Repair is best for me.

Very nice to say!! Thanks so much. My right eye is swelling again tonight...grrr..not painful though. I will post new pics each day this week and then wait one week. I will have 5 treatments total. Already paid for and have them scheduled!

You can pass along my link if you want. I am going to give the link to my doctor so she can refer patients to it.

Good luck with you too!

Donna

Signed,

Donna

I wish you luck. I am considering fraxel treatment. Please be careful and make sure they have extensive experience before performing this on you.

Thank you! I have done my homework on this topic! All the pros and cons and in addition to checking out the right doctor. The one I chose is Fraxel Certified and came highly recommended by several RN's who work at UTMB. You are so right that choosing the right doctor is critical. Thanks for the post!

Donna

post-148620-1302452295_thumb.jpg

This is day three for me. My skin is really itchy and dry like alligator skin. I am about to do a major peel I can bet. Good..off with the old and in with the new!

I am a smiley type person but my face is tight and swollen all over to it is hard to smile right now. I know you can't tell probably that my face is swollen, but when it is not swollen I will post a pic and you will see the difference.

I haven't gone out of the house this weekend at all. Just staying indoors until tomorrow.

Just an update. Feeling good though!

Donna

post-148620-1302452839_thumb.jpg

New pic day three. Dry, dry skin today. Feels like alligator skin so guess I am about to peel bigtime. :clap:

Donna

post-148620-1302453267_thumb.jpg

I am all scales today. Alligator skin and generalized swelling. I feel okay but look downright scary. :doh:

Feel free to follow my blog at:

Donna

Really itching today also. About to do some major tissue sloughing folks. :clap: Out with the old and in with the new!

Oops...here's my blog link:

Hey there I wish you success! Hope it turns out well. I didn't have time to read the blog, just quickly glanced it over. Not sure if your blog pointed this out or not but it looks like you went with Fraxel Re:store and not Re:Pair, is that correct?

Oops...here's my blog link:

Hey there I wish you success! Hope it turns out well. I didn't have time to read the blog, just quickly glanced it over. Not sure if your blog pointed this out or not but it looks like you went with Fraxel Re:store and not Re:Pair, is that correct?

Yes that is correct. My scars are old and really bad. Then, turning 50..yikes! The acne scars along with the lines and wrinkles setting in was just too much going on in the face area. Not like I can cover that up! lol

I hope my blog will help others and me as well. I can go back and see all the stages and whether or not it worked. If this doesn't work, then I might try a chemical peel. After that...forget it. I have wrestled for years with my skin and tried everything to help it. Nothing worked.

We shall see. :wub:

Donna

Thank you for saying that. I really always try to be respectful of others and how they do things. Honestly, I tried to find a way to start a blog here but couldn't figure out how to do it.

Can you help me with that?

The whole point in my blogging myself in unflattering photos, and conditions is to try to help others if this works for me.

I have read this board and some here seem to have struggled as much as I have with this problem. I see they posted years ago and are still here seeking help; same road I have traveled.

If you can assist me in starting a blog here, I would love to do it.

Thanks so much.

Thank you. It pisses me off so many promise photos, speak of improvement, and never produce any. It makes me wonder, did it work? Did it look improved due to swelling or did they improve scars, and have no longer a reason to come on here any more? Or was this a ploy by some cosmetic laser place?

I promise, if I get any form of success, even the slightest bit, I will share with others as you have Donna. Thanks you.

Thus far, are you happy? For me, everyday is a nightmare, and I just want to wake up from. Other times, I do my best not to be a sissy about it, be confident, be a man, and do my best. Its just awful dating, being single, trying to meet girls, and battling acne or acne scars when you get through acne. Its had me question God, my faith, and everything I believe in. I've did all the holistic nutrition, working out, sugar free, low carbs, no gluten, all sorts of free diets, and of little success. With healthy eating, topical, and antibiotics, I've had great success but, I now seek scar help. Working on my self esteem, confidence, and being a happier person.

Good luck Donna. Please keep me posted.

Thank you for saying that. I really always try to be respectful of others and how they do things. Honestly, I tried to find a way to start a blog here but couldn't figure out how to do it.

The whole point in my blogging myself in unflattering photos, and conditions is to try to help others if this works for me.

I have read this board and some here seem to have struggled as much as I have with this problem. I see they posted years ago and are still here seeking help; same road I have traveled.

Thanks so much.

Thank you. It pisses me off so many promise photos, speak of improvement, and never produce any. It makes me wonder, did it work? Did it look improved due to swelling or did they improve scars, and have no longer a reason to come on here any more? Or was this a ploy by some cosmetic laser place?

I promise, if I get any form of success, even the slightest bit, I will share with others as you have Donna. Thanks you.

Thus far, are you happy? For me, everyday is a nightmare, and I just want to wake up from. Other times, I do my best not to be a sissy about it, be confident, be a man, and do my best. Its just awful dating, being single, trying to meet girls, and battling acne or acne scars when you get through acne. Its had me question God, my faith, and everything I believe in. I've did all the holistic nutrition, working out, sugar free, low carbs, no gluten, all sorts of free diets, and of little success. With healthy eating, topical, and antibiotics, I've had great success but, I now seek scar help. Working on my self esteem, confidence, and being a happier person.

Hey, there! Thanks so much for your post. I feel exactly the same way. People start out and may post one or two photos and then go into nothingville. I also wonder how it all turned out. Having scars all over your face is a huge deal. Not like you can hide that!

And, when people do post pics they are only the flattering one's and not the whole truth. I am going to give all my info to the dermatologist. Even she does not have good actual feedback because (her words) people are too afraid someone will recognize them. What????

Like as if all their friends didn't notice their acne and scars before and now poof...all gone. Really?

Plus, what in the heck is wrong with fixing something that is wrong with our appearance? If our car gets messed up we fix it, if our clothes get a tear, we sew them. Why is it so horrible to fix ourselves? I haven't figured that out.

I will post a pick tomorrow. Might not be until the afternoon because I will take the shot in the morning before work and then have to upload it later on when I get home, but I will do so.

My face is turning dark today. I guess the skin is dying so hopefully when it starts peeling my swelling will go down.

Thanks so much,

Donna

Thanks so much.

Just realized I haven't answered your question. The jury is still out on my success or lack of. When my skin peels (which should be any time now) I will know more. I will post a pic each day this week up until Friday. I am hoping when the old and dead skin comes off my face will at the very least look fresher. :shifty:

Guess we can all see it together!

Hope the remainder of your day is a good one.

Donna

Just realized I haven't answered your question. The jury is still out on my success or lack of. When my skin peels (which should be any time now) I will know more. I will post a pic each day this week up until Friday. I am hoping when the old and dead skin comes off my face will at the very least look fresher. :shifty:

Guess we can all see it together!

Hope the remainder of your day is a good one.

Donna

No worries. I feel damned if I do and damned if I don't. Its as I told BX on his thread. All the guys these days want to be pretty boys. Its kind of gay. Still, it sucks not being happy with your appearance. My skin is less then flawless but, this particular scar, I would love to rid or fix some how. I wish you luck. Definitely keep me updated. I saw a couple other young girls who posted regarding laser with success but, on the same thread, someone said they had been damaged. Its very upsetting seeing these scars and parents stand by and not step into get help.

Anyone reading these threads, even with the slightest breakout, get it under control cause, its very pricey and its altering to ones life style. I know it has been for me. I still have hope. Good luck and speedy recovery.

post-148620-1302568621_thumb.jpgpost-148620-1302566144_thumb.jpg

Okay, this is a really close up photo. At one point today I had on mascara but it keeps getting rubbed off by all this ointment stuff I have to put on it! I had to bring a little "care kit" to work with me and apply my ointment, sunblock, lotion (all day long), and face wash.

I did as I said..went to my room, shut the mini blinds and shut my door. Everyone was ver considerate. They went around the office shutting all the mini blinds. Awwweee...how sweet!

Anyways, you can see in this photo the extent of my scarring along with brown skin mostly on my chin where the old skin is dying. The pock mark on my cheek was from a cyst removal last year that left a nasty scar. She really blazed that one!

I started peeling today a little when I washed my face around noon, the skin started coming off. Awesome! :clap: Means there new skin underneath I guess.

I havent' done a major peel yet though but hope I do soon. My skin is very itchy.

That's my update for today.

Another pic tomorrow!

Donna

Edited by Gerb00

Wow! you look pretty darn good for 72 hrs post fraxel. Maybe b/c I have asian skin that's why its taking longer for my skin to heal. Keep posting photos.

Wow! you look pretty darn good for 72 hrs post fraxel. Maybe b/c I have asian skin that's why its taking longer for my skin to heal. Keep posting photos.

Hi there~

I just found out yesterday that the reason I have healed so quickly is because my doctor prescribed me PruTec to apply three times daily. This is rarely prescribed because it is used for burn patients, radiation patients, donor patients, etc. She knew she really blasted my face and said she does not always give this presciption but was in my case.

I am happy about that.

My skin is even better this morning. I will post pics after work today that I take this morning.

How are you doing??? I have been wondering because we both had ours done the same day.

Donna :cool: