Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HERE IT IS:

"Q. I suffer from regular acne in addition to rosacea. Is this common?

A. Rosacea and regular acne, called acne vulgaris, usually appear separately, but some patients are affected by both. While both conditions in adults are often informally referred to as "adult acne," they are two separate diseases, each requiring different therapy. Acne vulgaris is associated with plugging of the ducts of the oil glands, resulting in blackheads and pimples on the face and sometimes also the back, shoulders or chest. Rosacea seems to be linked to the vascular network of the central facial skin and causes redness, bumps, pimples and other symptoms that rarely go beyond the face. Special care is necessary in treating patients with both conditions because some standard medications for acne vulgaris can make rosacea worse"

I am currently on Dans Regimen however, i stopped using the moisturizer for no reason really early on...maybe i should go back on it? my face is pretty red like at all times, suddenly itll get pretty oily, but it is oily almost all day. I make sure to get no contact with my face im really good at taking care of it however the redness makes my acne seem worse than it really is.

Edited by carbinered

i have gone to a derm and she pretty much wanted me to pay over $800 in medication. I declined and just took my samples of a prescription she wanted me to take (the most important thing there) it was called oracea and it was for the treatment of rosacea, as far as improvements i saw minor ones but i only used it for about 2 weeks which is how long the samples lasted, but the best part was no side effects. And, i dont have much money to go see a derm and no insurance either. so, what should i do? just try and buy a oral medication for my rosacea? and continue with dans regimen?

ive cut down on bp no more 3 pumps only 2 or maybe just a tiny bit more, i have no more flaking in the monrings and it seems like my skin can handle it.

i dont know what it is but for some reason i dont really have any pimples forming, just alot of bumpiness, redness. Lets hope it keeps progressing positively.