Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unicornfairy

Milani foundation for acne prone skin?

So I have been looking at foundations as I need them for dance. I won't be wearing these everyday, just for performances, but I still want them to be healthy for my skin, and I have heard mineral makeup is better for skin than normal. So, I am considering Milani mineral foundations. Has anyone tried these? Do they clog your pores? Is there something else you recommend?

Thanks is advance :)

i couldn't resist replying to this bc milani's mineral compact is one of my favorites =D

i use creamy natural, and i'm a nc25 in mac. i only have experience applying it with a kabuki brush, and all i do is dip my brush into the powder, shake off the excess, and dab it into the skin. i don't buff it into my face bc i think it accentuates dry spots that way. the reason i like the makeup so much is bc it doesn't make me breakout, most importantly. it also doesn't cake up easily or feel heavy on the face. i've tried the loose minerals, and i also liked that version, but i prefer the compact bc it's easier to apply. on most days i first use a liquid foundation, and then apply the milani compact over it. but if i don't have time, the milani compact is all i will use. the staying power is not good on me, but i have freakishly oily skin.

if you are looking for a full coverage foundation that looks natural, i don't think either of the milani foundations will cut it. i think it only offers medium coverage. when it comes to the packaging, i think it's dumb that they put a mirror under the makeup, but i like the product enough to look past that.

Edited by rumpshakerjr