Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jenrunner

STARTING ISOTREHNOIN (Accutane)

Hello All! I am starting this post to keep track of my Accutane acne therapy. I am 31, female, fair skinned and have suffered from moderate acne (sometimes mild and sometimes severe) My skin is so sensitive and sometimes hurts. Any blemish sticks out like a sore thumb because I have such a fair complexion. My acne has caused me to get depressed due to missing out on major events throughout my whole life. In college, I used a mud mask to hid my blemished and be around others without makeup. I have scarred my skin and have backed out on many people and events due to the embarrassment of my skin condition at any given time. My condition has created stress in my work environment and even lessened my productivity. I am ready to get rid of this issue and hope that accutane is the answer.

Treatments that I have tried in the past include:

2-7 step skin care

proactive

pharmagrade skin care

differin

every "mycin" antibotic including topical and oral

micro retin A (that help the most)

micro derm (also helped some)

BC pills

All natural products(unfiltered honey & joba oils) etc

NOW HERE GOES THE LAST RESORT!

My first day!

Dr doesnt agree with lose dose so she is starting me on 40mg x 1 a day

Start date: 4/9/11

I will update my blog as often as possible.

Thanks,

Jenrunner

Hi Jenn!

Good luck with your course. There are a lot of adults on this board so a lot of support (i'm 26). I def. can relate to how depressing and embarrassing it is to have acne in the work world!

Btw are you a runner?

Hi Jen,

good luck! this forum is really helpful for venting, support, whatever! I'm also an "adult" at 28.

keep us posted!

Thanks for the support! Yes, I m a runner but dont do long distances, just 5-10k. Have you been running while on accutane? How is it? My skin is getting a little sensitive and flushed even with sunblock. I'm on day 10! so excited. No intial break out yet. did you experience any intial breaking out?

Hey Jen, I am right there with you! Please keep us posted on how you do. I am in 30 day wait to start period, I will hopefully get my blood work and script 5/9, the day before my 29th birthday. I am so excited to start, I can't wait to be done with acne! Stay positive! :pray:

Hey Jen, I am right there with you! Please keep us posted on how you do. I am in 30 day wait to start period, I will hopefully get my blood work and script 5/9, the day before my 29th birthday. I am so excited to start, I can't wait to be done with acne! Stay positive! :pray:

I am so excited for you! Those 30 days felt like a lifetime! Good news is I havent experienced any initial breakout so far! No big head aches or anything to stop and notice beside dry lips.

I feel good. No depressed (actually been in a very happy mood probable because i am so excited to see how this works). What state do you live in? I'm in California and hope the sunny days dont turn my face red.

I'm in Montana, and we actually just got a few inches of snow today, tho its mostly melted. I'm nervous for the summer sun, too. It will usually get up to the 90s around here for a good part of the summer. Silly as it sounds, I'm mostly worried about mowing the lawn, lol! I have a half acre and push mower :boohoo: I usually tan well, but am very pale from the winter and I'm sure ill be very sensitive on accutane.

I'm in Montana, and we actually just got a few inches of snow today, tho its mostly melted. I'm nervous for the summer sun, too. It will usually get up to the 90s around here for a good part of the summer. Silly as it sounds, I'm mostly worried about mowing the lawn, lol! I have a half acre and push mower :boohoo: I usually tan well, but am very pale from the winter and I'm sure ill be very sensitive on accutane.

How is it going in your first Month?

Hey Jen,

I'm on day 17, and am praying my current breakout clears soon, its been pretty rough. I think I got so discouraged by this breakout bc I didn't have too much for actives when starting, and then bam! A bunch of deep mean zits!

Hopefully I will start healing up. Currently I have a really large cyst on my left cheek that is driving me crazy, and about dozen smaller actives. I can see a lot of cloggedd pores which freaks me out bc some clear and some decide to become cysts. My oil is way down tho, so hopefully that will keep these from getting all backed up and becoming infected. Pih is a bitch, but I suppose that just needs to be waited out.

I have a log and posted some pics, its pretty rough, be warned, lol

How is ur treatment going? Have u been clearing and have u noticed any side effects?

Crystal

Xoxo