Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JonoB

Need support + advice

Hi -

Firstly, this is not another 'Does masturbation cause acne?' thread, because to be frank, i've seen enough of them.. However, I was wondering whether anything has been determined by the people that have taken part in a 'restriction' period on this board?

I really would like to see if I could restrict myself and go 2-3weeks without, however, every time I try, I fail. I've always thought, and been told that I have good willpower, but with this, it's like something else takes over and I can't control it (yeaah, probably the hormones etc..)

Just wondering, is there any advice you could give me..?

Regards,

Edited by JonoB

I really recommend you check this blog out: http://www.thelovevitamin.com/

She's an Acne.org user who cured her acne naturally. It has a lot of really great advice on stuff other than just how your diet affects acne.

The theory behind the masturbation thing is that hormones secreted during masturbation, during orgasm, and after orgasm can, in theory, cause acne. Can it? In theory, sure, since testosterone is higher post-orgasm. However, this minor raise in testosterone for a short period of time can't really begin the formation of acne. My guess is that excessive masturbation can cause acne but that means we have to ask what's excessive? Once a day is excessive in my opinion. Even the boyfriends of the girls on 16 and Pregnant don't have that much sex.

Yeah man, listen to what chunkylard said.

The stress/worrying of you trying to hold off on it will do 10x worse things for your skin anyways.

Thanks for the recommended site, Chunkylard! I've been searching for something collective and this hit the spot.

My definition of a "normal" release routine would be about every third day.

Don't think about it, don't fight it, we are all different. Forget about any connection with acne. It is your prime reason for being, the sole reason your body functions so don't worry about it.