Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TDNB

Teach me how to exfoliate/clean my face!

I'm a guy and exfoliating is new to me.

I have dry skin and A LOT of flaking and dead skin cells (lotion only helps so much).

How do I exfoliate/clean and increase cell turnover without drying my face further?

I've been thinking about using a turmeric/lemon juice blend for my scars but would that exfoliate and get rid of flakes?

Afterwards I would wash it off and apply my treatment (currently trying zinc oxide + sulfur cream) followed by my AHA lotion or some other lotion.

I have sensitive skin btw so I don't think abrasive brushes would suit me well.

Also I do need a gentle (nondrying) and natural but effective cleanser!! Any reccs?

Thanks so much!

Edited by TDNB

Guest Timehealsall
I'm a guy and exfoliating is new to me.

I have dry skin and A LOT of flaking and dead skin cells (lotion only helps so much).

How do I exfoliate/clean and increase cell turnover without drying my face further?

I've been thinking about using a turmeric/lemon juice blend for my scars but would that exfoliate and get rid of flakes?

Afterwards I would wash it off and apply my treatment (currently trying zinc oxide + sulfur cream) followed by my AHA lotion or some other lotion.

I have sensitive skin btw so I don't think abrasive brushes would suit me well.

Also I do need a gentle (nondrying) and natural but effective cleanser!! Any reccs?

Thanks so much!

from what i have been suggested, try AHA, BHA, or a gentle brush

Also, get some jojoba oil, dab some on your hands, and massage it on your face.

Should help with some flaking

Don tuse jojoba oil if you have seborrehic dermatitis though.

I have jojoba oil but I don't use it much.

I think i do have seborrheic dermatitis. I have dandruff thats pretty annoying!!

I think i do have seborrheic dermatitis. I have dandruff thats pretty annoying!!

Do you just add the jojoba into your lotion? That makes my lotion twice as effective..

Do you just add the jojoba into your lotion? That makes my lotion twice as effective..

To be honest I put a bunch under my chin when I first got it to test for allergy.

It got a bit itchy and I haven't used it since.

What do you guys think?

I find that using a gentle cleanser keeps my skin from getting dry but I would want it to still exfoliate and clear my pores.

What can do such a thing?

Edited by TDNB

To be honest I put a bunch under my chin when I first got it to test for allergy.

It got a bit itchy and I haven't used it since.

What do you guys think?

I find that using a gentle cleanser keeps my skin from getting dry but I would want it to still exfoliate and clear my pores.

What can do such a thing?

Bump