Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rie

decisions!

ok so i've been on proactive for a little over 2 weeks now and its just been making my skin worse it seems. i went through this site and really read up on dan's regimen cause i was considering returning the proactiv and going on dan's regimen.

well, in the meanwhile, ive been using more of my proactiv "repair lotion" (which is basically BP gel) than i usually would. (cause this crap is expensive) And, ta da..i think i'm starting to clear up.

it would lead me to believe that me using more of the BP gel is causing this, but it could just be a coincidence. So if using BP gel is whats working, i'm thinking i should return the proativ and order dan's stuff. but at the same time, what if its just a coincidence, i'll feel really stupid if i go on dan's and it doesnt work and i go back to proactiv to re-order. (they'll be like WTF?)

any advice, tips? lol

i used proactiv for 2 months n ihad a week where i would get clear, then break out again.. then for the last month of it i never got clear again, if anything i got worst.. i been on dans regimen for 4 days now and im just recovering from my preivous break out but i can tell its workin real nice

well i just ordered dan's gel.. ill continue using the proactiv till it gets here, then im shipping it back and getting my MONEY back!! bb_surprised.gif 60 bucks in my pocket. oo yeah.

i hope the regimen works for me too. im worried about dry flaky skin though, my skin can definitly get bad ive seen it before.

im actually starting to clear up a little bit since i started using a lot more of the proactiv BP. but still, if BP is what works, id rather take the more cost efficient road.

Dan's will work. I've heard only bad things about Proactiv. Just make sure you watch the videos and follow the regimen EXACTLY. 2 points of clarification for you: if you are prone to flaky skin, make sure you moisturize, morning and night. Even if you don't see dry skin first, with the amount of BP you throw onto your face, rest assured the flakes will come in full force. With moisturizer, you can minimize and even eliminate this. Also, make sure you rub the BP into your face gently, the whole application process should even take a few minutes. Good luck.