Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wassup.

I'm an Indian Male, 21 and tired of acne!

So my story is that I started to breakout around 11th grade, it slowly but surely got more intense as years passed. After many different antiobiotics and very intense acne facials/microdermabrasions I have come to the point to where I will succumb to Accutane. The main reason why I felt to stay away from it in the first place was the side effects caused by 'Tane. Acne is not something I want to stay with for however many years so I hope 'Tane puts an end to it. Btw, about two months ago my derm ran a culture test on a pustule that I had and the test came back saying that I have Gram Negative Acne/Folluculitus.

Heres a brief history:

Minocycline (pill) - Complete Dosage and Treatment

Doxycycline Hyclate (pill) - Complete Dosage and Treatment

Clindamycin (pill and lotion) - Complete Dosage and Treatment

Cephalexin (pill), anti-bacterial but derm suggested for acne

Bactrim (pill), anti-bacterial derm suggested for acne.

Ziana Gel ( I use at night, help fade scars, and redness)

Aczone (gel used during daytime to do whatever it does haha)

BP products

Salc. Acid products.

Retin A

Differin

What I use now:

Cetaphil face wash for normal-oily skin (any time I wash my face I use this)

Aczone (pm)

Ziana gel (before I sleep)

So I have an appt with my derm on 4/11/11 - And I will be telling him to put me on Accutane. He said previously it was my choice, but I wanted to exhaust all my options before choosing that route. I will put up pictures once I shave so that y'all can see everything. Hope this helps!! and Wish me lucK!

Edited by killawala

Also will be giving updates weekly, daily is too much haha. Most likely every Sunday Night I will do a post of how I have been and whatnot. Pictures will come in 3/4 week increments depending on how long the derm puts me on 'Tane.

ALSO, please feel free to post any advice for pre-tane and during tane.!

Everything is much appreciated!

Edited by killawala

As mentioned before here are the pictures. Hope accutane can lighten up the scarring that I have. Or if anyone has any recommendations please let me know. ( I had a bad issue with being a face picker as you can tell)

post-119897-1302569771_thumb.jpg

post-119897-1302569789_thumb.jpg

post-119897-1302569802_thumb.jpg

post-119897-1302569771_thumb.jpg

post-119897-1302569789_thumb.jpg

post-119897-1302569802_thumb.jpg

Alright people!!! I just started Accutane today, got prescribed the generic version which is Amnesteem. I weigh 185, but for the first month its just 40mg once a day. Wish me luck!!

Derm was very positive that the tane would clear me right up! Also I thought it might be better for me to take the Tane at night so maybe during the day the side effects would not be too bad.

Good luck man! You're redness on your cheeks are similar to mine. I will be on amnesteem 40mg as well. You're already pretty clear. It will def. Help ya out. Me excited for ya!I

Thanks for the support Guys!! My derm said that for most of the scars I have 'Tane will fade them away. And if there's still scarring left post treatment then she can put me on things like retinol. Anyways, UPDATE! So I've been taking 40mg of Amnesteem every night before I sleep starting on

5/9/11. Total of 6 days, as far as side effects go; I haven't really had dry skin yet or lips, did have an initial breakout, although it was nothing severe. Just about 3-4 new pimples, so hopefully that is done with. One thing I do notice is that my eyes can get dry every morning when I wake up. I felt that ever since the first time I took Tane. So we'll see how that comes along. So routine wise I wash my face with Cetaphil Daily Cleanser 2-3 times a day, and moisturize during the day with Cetaphil SPF 50, at night I haven't been using moisturizer because my skin isn't dry at all. But once it does, if it does, I'll use the Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer. That's all the changes I've made, no diet changes or anything of the sort. Try to update at least twice a week or so with pics every two weeks. I will be going to Disneyworld this following weekend! Haha have to take my niece and relatives, my first time as well!

Quick question for everyone! What sunscreen do you guys suggest, I saw the reviews for the Cetaphil one and they don't look too appealing. Although I'm using that right now because I got some samples from the Derm. So what sunscreen/moisturizer would be most recommend by Tane users. I live in Texas and the worst of summer is yet to come, so I'd like to prepare my skin for that! Thanks!!

Alright guys its **UPDATE** time! So far I Have been on Tane for 20 days, almost done with the first month wooohoo! So the good stuff, I did have an inital breakout, but it was just about 3,4 pimples that went away eventually, just recently i had a whitehead form, but it was something i could live with so its fine. But overall, i do feel that any bumps i had on my face have flattened and the redness as def gone down! The first month I'm on 40mg which I presume will be increased to something stronger since I weigh 185. And when that happens I am sure my skin will start to get dry, my lips do get chapped but I have Aquaphor lip moisturizer lying around everywhere so it comes to my aide! I do hope that the scars I have will be mostly faded away! I'll update monthly with pictures, anything less is too much haha

Okay very sorry for the long wait! I started on my second month on 6/10/11 . The derm prescribed me 80 mg per day, 40 morning and 40 night. As far as side effects come, i do have dry skin on my nose, its rough patchy kind of feeling. I still use the same products for washing, sunscreen, and moisturizing my face. Although at night I use mederma, in hope if it getting rid of some of my discoloration and brown dark spots from previously picking and scarring. But I also order emu oil from botanics choice in light of the scarring issue on my skin! So have I broke out?! NOPEEEE. Just about 6 weeks into Accutane and it's already kicking some major butt! So I can't wait to see what it will be like at the end of the treatment. Also when i did my blood work after the first month they saw an increase in some liver thing, but they told me to keep up with the 80 mg dosage but instead of waiting 4 weeks to do a blood test they want me to do it again in 2 weeks. I'm sure everything is fine, they just want to make sure it's not serious of course! :D Also i have been busy so i'll def try to put up some new pictures!