Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone have OCD because of acne?

I have moderate Germophobia(mysophobia) due to my moderate acne.

For example

- I'm always washing my hands beacuse i wash my face with my hands and i dont want to wash my with germs on them

-I hate touching things that people always touch(doorknobs, others pencils ect.)

-I dont touch my cats

- The towel i wash my face with can NEVER touch anything but my face

- I hate it when i accidentally touch my face

and many others that basically include not having germs on my hands

Im am currently trying to control these symptoms and im doing pretty good. I really want to stop this :sick:

Anyone else having similar conditions?

Guest Timehealsall

For example

- I'm always washing my hands beacuse i wash my face with my hands and i dont want to wash my with germs on them

-I hate touching things that people always touch(doorknobs, others pencils ect.)

-I dont touch my cats

Im am currently trying to control these symptoms and im doing pretty good. I really want to stop this :sick:

i definately have something similar. Just curious, but do you ever gently rub or massage your face?

Same for me. I was at some friends house and he offered me to check my facebook via his PC, but I refused, because the PC was a lag and the keyboard was dirty. When I enter/leave the store I try to grab the lower part of doorknob, which I think less people touch (preferably with my gloves when its winter).

-I dont touch my cats

Sometimes I do, but when I touched dog or cat I have this mindset that I can now touch other unimportant dirty things like socks, broom to clean my room, etc. But I will have to wash/rinse my hands before I touch something important, like hair, clothes I wear, etc...

Yep, I have separate towel for face drying after I have washed. I have another for hands. When the facial towel is dirty enough- it becomes hand towel, then it is washed and rotation repeats.

I dont hate it but I try not to touch it without a reason, its quite rare in general.

For example

-I dont touch my cats

i definately have something similar. Just curious, but do you ever gently rub or massage your face?

never, but if i really have to then ill only rub the parts of my face where i dont get acne ( forehead, lower cheeks)

OCD is terrible. I'm so glad I got rid of it. I've had it for years. :(

I think people being reluctant to touch stuff "other people" touch like doorknobs etc. is pretty normal, though. It's just so that not everyone out there is hygenic... :|