Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hollyberry601

Moisturizer before BP

I thought I'd throw this little bit of info out there for others to possibly try. I've been on the regimen for about a year and using Dan's products for about 8 months. I get really dry skin on the regimen and often in odd places. I would get dry skin in my eyebrows, between my eyes on the bridge of my nose, and often in areas where I don't ever get acne and tried to avoid putting BP, but not matter what, they'd end up dry.

Anyway I started using moisturizer first and using a lot of it ALL over my face, including my eyelids, eyebrows and under eye area. Wait a few minutes and then layer on the BP in the places you want it. I think that doing the moisturizer second means that you'll pick up excess BP and spread it to areas that you don't really want it, especially if you're using a sunscreen as a moisturizer and want it on all areas (especially around the eyes!) .

It works really well for me, so maybe those also battling excessive dryness can try this to see if it helps.

I too apply my moisturizer before my acne treatment. It was actually my dermatologist that suggested I do that :) However, I wait 20 minutes after applying moisturizer to put on my epiduo at night, dan's bp in the morning.